The best RV SITES camping near
Longtown , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Longtown Camping Reviews
Gorgeous fall camping trip to Brooken

We stayed here for only one night but will definitely be back. Nice campsites with room between sites. Most sites have lake views and there is alit of access to the lake

Great Stopping place when traveling I-40

We chose this campground for the Tiny House rental for our Daughter and her husband & kids. We stayed in an RV site, enjoyed the pool, bounce pad & basketball. A shuttle runs that is wheelchair accessible that will take you into town for Wal-Mart runs and more 😊

This campground is nice but not really wheelchair friendly. The road was really large rock that is very bumpy and uncomfortable to wheel over.

Lake was a Blast

We had our kids from VIrginia meet up with us at Tenkiller State Park this summer. Each of my daughters families stayed in the Courtyard Cottage which is like a vintage motel. It was located in the trees which was nice but they were disappointed in the room itself.

We stayed in a pull through site with our RV. My sister and her husband were next to us and her daughter and husband next to them. We had space to play outdoor games and had a lot of fun.

The highlight tho was renting a pontoon boat at Pine Cove Marina and spending the afternoon playing in the lake. The marina staff was very accommodating for our special needs son. They assisted us in getting his wheelchair on the boat and he loved it. We brought our inner tube and spent the day splashing around, swimming and having lunch on the lake.

The pontoon was a welcome treat. We booked this campground because of the amazing pool area for kids. It had a way to wheel the wheelchair into the pool and great activities for the kids. The only issue was no one was ever there to open the pool. We were there 4 days and on the day before we left, a Saturday, someone came to let us in at 4. That was disappointing. This campground was good but it could be amazing if it had better management.

We’ll be back

We love state campgrounds & Greenleaf State Park is one of our faves. We also have an adult son in a wheelchair so we have to be careful about where we go. We want to be able to push him around and go on trails that are wheelchair friendly. This campground had that. They also have an accessible site that has a HUGE pad. We were in the middle of the tent camping area; but hey we had a good view of the water.

If you like fishing it has a heated fishing dock which is cool so you can fish in the winter when cold. They have cabins & RV areas. 2 dump stations. There is water hookup. We were at the bottom of a hill but I say wheelchair friendly because I was able to wheel our son around the loops, into the heated dock, over to the marina on paved roads.

At the top of the hill is a splash pad, community picnic area ball field and paved trails which a wheelchair can go down. We prefer the accessible sit at bottom of hill since it was near the lake.

Make reservations by visiting https://travelok.com

Great place and very quiet

I drove down to do an overnighter and the place is gorgeous. I'm in the primitive alone and it is going to be nice.  I noticed there was a comment about the campground host.   The host has changed and these folks could not have been nicer.  They came and sat at my campsite and we talked about the lake and the roads around the lake.  I had a great time

Weekend at Greenleaf

We had a great experience at Greenleaf last weekend! They moved us to a better site without even asking and the staff were very attentive and friendly. There is a lot to do, paddle boat and canoes, fish, splash pad, putt putt, sand volleyball court, basketball hoop etc. Lunch at the marina was tasty. We had a great time on the hike to the hanging bridge. We enjoyed this park a lot with our two young sons.

Gorgeous on lake

Quiet spacious, clean bathrooms with toilet paper and showers. Had a spot on the lake. Perfect.

Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.

Great Escape

I love this small park. It offers a lot of amenities, but overall it’s about the cave trails and lots of hiking opportunities. We went in the early fall so too cool to enjoy the small lakes but our campsite had great views of one of the lakes.

Great Day of Camping

Tent camping. Beautiful view at our campsite. We were close to the lake, and enjoyed the nice breeze and awesome views of the sunset! The sites are very big with tons of space. We went to Lake Eufala state park and hiked around, but really there aren’t great hiking trails in the area. This camping experience would be one where if we came back we would bring friends and enjoy just being at our campsite. We had a great time!

I will say there is ALOT of trash. It didn’t deter us much, but I think it’s worth noting. Some sites we walked passed were filled with bottles and cans. Ours had a ton of cigarette butts all around, and also so weird trays/debris in the fire ring. The only other thing I didn’t love was that while on the map it’s all very well marked, none of the sites had markers and if they did they weren’t nec correct. The only number we could see was 253 in the grill and on the map it was our 255. Our site neighbors said there aren’t any real markers and to just settle there or find one that’s more suitable because the park wouldn’t fill up. It didn’t. But we enjoyed our sites views and space- even with neighbors. No lights around the roads or anything except at the bathroom, but it wasn’t difficult to navigate.

Bathrooms pretty close, and were clean and tidy. Great playground are for kids!