Edmond , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Edmond Camping Reviews
Worked for the night in a pinch

Was passing through the area and needed a place to land since I couldn’t find any BLM out this way. I paid $16 for a tent site at Hog campground, which had a fire ring and picnic table. Pulled in at night so it took me a while to find it but all tables note the campsite which helped. Bathrooms were meh, but worked. Didn’t use the showers but they aren’t free. They are quarter showers. Clean site and felt safe. Had 2 bars of LTE AT&T service.

Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Awesome place.

Very well kept. Clean and friendly.

We enjoy Post Oaks

We had a site in Post Oaks campground and really enjoyed it. Really long, pull thru sites and really shady. There’s a little swim beach. We have a camper so we didn’t use the bathrooms, but they did not look great. We drove around at all of the campgrounds and we liked post oaks the best. Little axe has some nice sites, but it’s almost always crowded.

Good, Fair Price

Definitely not for fun, just for work. But showers and laundry always very clean Rent includes electric, sewers, water and trash. 450 per month very good price. Owners are very nice people, very kind and respectful. Definitely coming back if we work in Okarche again.

Crowded but a nice quick getaway

Hadn't been to Lake Thunderbird since I was a kid (40+ years ago) and all I could remember is that we always called it Lake Dirtybird because of the water. As far as that is concerned nothing has really changed. Typical central Oklahoma red water.

We stayed a couple of nights at Little Sandy Campground. There weren't any full hookups and we had to stay at a spot that was water and electric only … and boy were we glad. The full hookup sites in the next campground over -- Hickory Hill -- were packed in like sardines. Our site on the upper loop of Little Sandy was away from all the hubub but also away from the water, so there was that. If you don't mind being right up against the next camper, Hickory Hill has some full hookup sites right on the water. However, the upper loop of Little Sandy was nice with all the trees and the better-spaced sites. In my opinion spot 36 is the best one. No one can camp behind you and there's a lot of space to the south. The dump site it up on the main road about a quarter of mile north from the campground entrance and easily accessible.
We stayed the first weekend of May 2020 … the first weekend some of the COVID-19 restrictions were lifted. The place was PACKED, especially with tent campers. No judgment, just saying there were a lot of them. It was tough finding a path to the water without walking through someone's campsite. The water pressure was pretty low at the site and my guess it was due to all the sites being in use.
All in all it was a nice weekend, but I've stayed at nicer and quieter places.

On the lake

Stayed here for a couple nights, few other campers. Site was straight across from the lake. Got some good hiking in.

Best campground on Thunderbird

This campground rocks. It is camping made easy. The views are the best I have seen around the lake and this park area is much cleaner than others. The fire ring is awesome as it is waist-level and has a grill. Definitely worth the 21 bucks. The best tent campsites are 17-20

Beautiful site

This was a back in site right on the water. We looked at some other areas where you were so far from the water you wouldn’t even know you were at a lake. The site was level and had a nice picnic table out near the water.

This is the nicer campground of all thunderbird

I liked this one the best if all the Dirtybird campgrounds. best position on the lake. Less of a party crowd over here.