Burlington, OHIO

Camping Ohio Burlington

Most Recent Burlington Camping Reviews
A bird watchers dream

Mikes of maintained trails and boardwalks for wildlife viewing has a 5 star golf course sits on the shore of Lake Erie and bike trails for miles you will not be board here tennis and basketball courts on property and a stay at the resort is a life of luxury

Family oriented

Very friendly and family oriented the do activities right down the street from the lake and they make you feel like one big family :)

One of the best

Nice family campgrounds sites are roomy, asphalt, and generally level. Restrooms and showers are clean and well maintained.

On the trail respite

You're learning to backpack the Buckeye Trail, and you want to know where and how you can camp along the trail. This primitive site is located a short hop (.17 mile) off the trail adjacent to Hipp's Lock, part of the old Miami-Erie Canal towpath.  There's space enough for perhaps two tents, with metal fire ring, and plenty of deadfall for that small survival TV fire. The pond is filled with wildlife, and the tree frogs and bull frogs will lull you to sleep. Another Boy Scout project that benefits the Buckeye Trail. You'll need to Leave-No-Trace, as it's a primitive site, but it's a welcome respite from the road walking of this section.

Amazing!!!

The most well kept, private, beautiful campground I've been to so far. I've been a camper my whole life but a year ago the wife and I purchased a new camper with the goal of seeing a new campground each time we camped. This campground was recommended by a co-worker for how private each site is. We were truly amazed at the park, the HUGE beach on lake Erie, the inland Beach, the 2-mile boardwalk through the wetlands, the Big Hill, and the nature center. Highly recommend. Wifey says the bathrooms were Excellent (most important for her).

Great campground

New owners in 2019 were very nice and helpful. There is a camp store that has literally everything you can think of needing for camping, and more plus regular food. It’s nice the swimming hole and fishing pond are separated. The bathrooms were always clean and the newer ones are very nice. Highly recommend.

Nice little county park.

The park at Swains Lake is really nice.  There is lake access to fish, playgrounds for the kids, and a nice pavilion.  The campground sites are pretty close together.  It's a nice place to camp during the week, but it did get really crowded on summer weekends.  I will say the shower house is GREAT!  Individual showers with locking doors for complete privacy.

The location is great to day trip around the area.  We enjoyed a day in Kalamazoo.  Jackson isn't far with major grocery stores and shopping.

Beautiful campground

Has a boat access, with a beautiful lake. You can go through little canals to get to other parts of the lake. Sites have perfect amount of shade. Defiantly will be going back

Our very first camping experience

This was our very first camping trip with the travel trailer and we loved it! We had family come up and really enjoyed it. We found a little hiking trail with the family and enjoyed taking our dog out on it. We will absolutely be going back next year!

Halloween Fun

I've been going to this campground for years, but mainly for the Halloween camping. It's a fun time of the year to go and the kids always have a blast. Most sites decorate and some site go all out with haunted houses. The campground puts on a lot of activities for the kids. Now for a little feedback: the shower and bathroom facilities need some updating. They look the same from when I was younger. With all of the money spent on sites (I tent camp), they should be a afford upgrades. The outdoor staff are always pleasant but they need cleaner outfits; the box sells the cereal. Lastly, the cost of this place is so expensive for tent campers. I get if you're actually using resources with a camper but tent sites don't use a lot. "free" pancakes are served every morning on the weekends (not sure about weekdays). Overall a nice place with a lot to do, but I only go for Halloween due to high cost. Don't let it deter you for Halloween!