The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Prospect , NORTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Prospect Camping Reviews
Beautiful, accommodating farm. Perfect place.

This was our very first night in our RV and Brian and Lisa could not have been more hospitable and kind. We were two hours later than expected and they waited up for us late into the night to show us the ropes. In the morning Brian took our two year old on a tour of their amazing farm — horses, cows, ducks, chickens, and all the tractors of our toddlers’ dreams … we felt like houseguests of old friends. The long term residents, many of whom are seasonal workers, were also so friendly. We were just there for one night but it felt like a real community in a beautiful part of the world and not too far from the highway. Highly recommend!!

New sites available

We made this a stop on our way home from Florida. We were pleased to have been offered a pull through site upgrade for $1.32. That’s right, $1.32. Nice sites for a quick trip or a couple nights.

Camped here many times

Always brings back memories.

Convenient, clean, safe, and fun

We stopped here for an overnight and were thrilled by the facility. It’s perfect for an overnight or a day. Plenty of paved pull though sites. Fenced in and safe. You can walk to the restaurants and shops at South of the Border. We ate at a fine steak house. We will stop there every time we are traveling on I-95. I’ll add a photo in about a month when we stop there again.

TIGHT

Wow! Road to campground is horrible! Very narrow, trees hanging over it, dirt, but huge holes! Obviously needs to be graded. We booked a pull thru per map, but was not. Had to change to site 29. Loose dirt but fairly level. Very quiet and Lake Horton near us. Hosts very friendly. We were in a 38 foot coach.

Great getaway

I have stayed here multiple times. I really love setting up on the water sites and having my kayak and fishing gear ready to go. The golf course is excellent and price friendly. Easy to get to nearby towns if one chooses to get to civilization.

Great Family Fum

We went for the first weekend of October to enjoy the Halloween activities and we could not have been more pleased. Our kids, ages 1, 3 & 14, enjoyed every minute of the weekend. We booked a quad site with two other families and the location was perfect for all the children to run around and be kids without worrying about disturbing others. Cannot wait to come back.

Friendly and helpful in a time of need

We came here the day we sold our house in Fayettville. Covit19 had just hit so the campground we had reserved fell through and couldn’t get tenants to leave because they were scared. We were in for a surprise, Fayetteville RV resorts welcomed us with open arms and put us under a long term clause so we couldn’t get thrown out if they shut everything down. 600 a month is more than reasonable for the area. The staff is super and they keep the camp ground top notch.

The bathrooms were immaculate. The Landry rooms were great, little expensive but I get it, they are high maintenance with all the visitors. The hiking trail had all kinds of wildlife and a small damn on it. We walked it every day for 2 months and it was great. All the neighbors in the long term area were like family. I loved this place! They will not disappoint!

Not my vibe

Camp Clearwater is mostly permanent structures, this definitely isn’t wilderness camping. We didn’t end up staying at our site once we saw how busy it was The swimming beach wasn’t clean, but it was a fun place for kids to play.

Nice

A great place. I love they have a pool. It’s definitely a nice place to stop and rest on a trip while traveling down interstate 95.