Camping in Pinecroft

180 Reviews of 33 Pinecroft, North Carolina Campgrounds

Darrell W.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Great for a short trip

What a great campground. The bath house/restrooms are very nice and the campsite was very well shaded. The walk to the lake was not bad at all. We only stayed a couple of nights so we did not venture out much. Cool place to go

Pamela D.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Fun for our first time

Had fun, although it was our maiden voyage. Spots are very close together but most people are pretty quiet. Has a pool and a fishing pond, however, it was extremely muddy to no fault of theirs.

Elizabeth J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Great staff and large sites

Wonderful staff we were there from Monday (Labor Day) thru Wednesday so very quiet. I understand it is busy on weekends and holidays but we are lucky enough to camp during the week.

Site was large and very level. Bought new Anderson levelers and haven’t even had a chance to use them.

SiteI believe it was site C1. this is a new section.
Sonyia W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Easy quick stop

Restrooms were nice and clean, owner was very sweet, sites good size and those on Loop B were back in and shaded/private.

SiteB2
fletcher6531 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Salthouse branch va

This is a quite place way back in the mountains of Southern Virginia. The roads going into the campground is very narrow and steep up and downs. My breaks were gone by the time I got to the entrance. Mostly boaters go here to camp and mostly locals. The site has water, 50,30,and 110 hookups. No…

KB H.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Perfect weekend getaway!

This was my first time ever visiting Eno River State Park. My partner and I camped at Fanny’s Ford at one of the primitive sites. The sites are well spaced but not a lot of privacy. We didn’t mind and everyone was cordial. On Friday there were a few logs left for campers at the entrance to the…

• Site 2 - Eno River at the bottom of the hill
  • Site 2 view from my eno
Site2 and 4
W
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Love this Park

I have stayed at Morrow Mountain many times over the last 10 years. It is close to home and very convenient for me. While the facilities are aged, they are clean and work well. And if you really want to be away it is great!! The cell service is very poor.

Terri F.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Into the woods

Nestled in the middle of NC is this great forest. There were lots of established camping spots. We picked a nice one near a stream. There was a lot of road traffic even late into the night. People were friendly when we saw them but everyone kept their distance.

SiteN/A
Randel B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Not there best

Long way 2 out house and store. Check out Grammy and pappy at it again on you tube

Sitetent
Skipper S.
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Well Done Campground

We stayed at site 84, and stayed in a tent. There was a fire pit, hang hook for trash, and plenty of shade on the tent pad. We had plenty of space between each site as well. Bathrooms were fine with decent water pressure and hot water. I liked the idea of the campground host who was just a few…

SiteLoop C site 84
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Uwharrie campground

The State Forest has camping. We used our pop-up with a generator in rustic locations. There are hiking, horse, OHV, dirt bike, ATV, and mountain bike trails.

Jenn M.
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Great Spot !

Lots to do.... hiking, ride bicycle, fishing and off road or just relax and take in the beautiful surroundings! P.s. Dogs are welcome!

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Awesome campground

We stayed at this park for a couple nights. The bathroom facilities were nice, the spots were clean, we stayed during the week so it was empty. Might be a little too open if the campground is full. The overlook from the top of the “mountain” was beautiful.

Jason D.The Dyrt PRO User

Month of VisitDecember
Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Truly Primitive Camping in a National Forest

Personally, I would give dispersed camping here four or five stars, but I have to be objective from the point of view of many campers. This is not an RV camping area, at least not the dispersed camping area. You cannot drive up to the campsites. There are no electric, water, or sewer hookups. There…

• The Campsite before I Set Up
  • The rhododendron were just beginning to bloom.
SiteUwharrie Trail Primitive Campsite 1