Camping in Secor Gardens

166 Reviews of 24 Secor Gardens, New York Campgrounds

Michael G.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Solid 4 stars

Good campground. Good hiking, clean, close facilities and well maintained. Lake is great and only a short walk, but no swimming. Sites are open and fairly close would be only negative.

Elizabeth D.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Great location, very clean !

Was pleasantly surprised with this campsite ! Facilities (bathroom/showers) were clean, campsites were generously spaced, water spouts at almost every site. Was unaware there were no fire pits at the site so I would just bring your own. We made due with our charcoal grill provided at the site!…

Sara P.
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Nice, easy getaway

This place is only an hour away from NYC with so much to do and see. These cabins are VERY rustic, four walls, a cot, and a fridge. You still feel like you are "roughing it" but with the convenience of a fridge. Absolutely zero phone service (for T-Mobile) which was AMAZING. There's a few very cute…

• fire pit and picnic table at our cabin site. we were also able to park right next to our cabin (A-12)
  • easy parking right next to cabin
  • foggy night time!
SiteA-12
Sara P.
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Nice, easy getaway

• outdoor movie night (Shark Tales)
  • easy parking right next to cabin
SiteA-12
Dan W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

I'm a happy camper!

Just give me a parking spot and some privacy and I'm good. Cheesequake has just enough space between sites and the foliage gives you the personal space you need. Facilities are fair for what the cost is, the alternative is a $160 hotel room. By the way... Rained the whole time we we're there and…

Sitesite 37
Dan W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

A three day weekend must.

Finally after the closure during covid the campgrounds open memorial day. 7 miles of ocean and bay side beaches, historic buildings, and walking trials. Carry in carry out rules apply, don't be that person!

• Large group campsites
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

fun

fun experience with the travel trailer, a lot of trailers there, it was quiet and sometimes loud but all in all a fun time, walked to the beach and the trails

Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

fun

Frank Barber M.
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Camping

Es bonito

Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

perfect

amazing sites, very great employees , bathroom are clean, long walks

Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

No RV sites a step up from tent camping.

They have rustic cabins. Theae do not have plumbing or heat. It is a step up from cabin camping. They also have a beach behind it.

Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

I love that they have pull thru rv sites. They also have a lake with boat rentals!

Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Nice plugged in experience.

I go here if I want amennities. They have full hook-ups for my RV. The staff was nice and they were dog friendly!

Sitedo not recall
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Camping for just $15

This is an off-grid camping experience. You can use your generator at certain hours. Theu have a beach. Their staff is friendly. I love going here.

Sitevarious
Kevin A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Great location...easy access to city

We spent 3 nights here last week. I was in NYC for business and we took our RV. Very convenient location. My wife visited Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The sites had electric and water and were in a fenced off section of tue marina parking area. It was a little loud with city noises, but…

• WTC from our site