Pottersville , NEW YORK

Most Recent Pottersville Camping Reviews
Not the best facilities but the location is great

I am torn about this campground. I love the location. Well that is about the only positive. That is why I give it 3 stars. It actually would be less stars if not for thd location. The campground is located on the lake in the village of Lake George. It is nice that it is not directly in the center of the town but still within the village. It's really the only reason we stay here.

I have noticed over the years the increase of security. It seems out of necessity not as a precaution. I stayed summer of 2019 and it was the worst of my stays yet. The bathroom constantly flooded from broken toilets. Bathrooms stunk of weed all weekend. If that wasn't bad enough, a toliet seat ripped off the toilet and thrown in the middle of the bathroom. People are disgusting idiots. We are a group of families who stay every year. It was about 10:30 at night and I got yelled at for talking by an over zealous park ranger. Of course I treated her with respect and did what I was told. We quieted down but the pot smoke in the bathroom continued all weekend. Not sure why they went indoors to smoke. Feel free to smoke outdoor on your site. I wouldn't care but inside the bathrooms where children use is just out of line. I did complain at the gate but nothing was done.

In closing if you don't mind not being in the village of Lake George, check out Rogers Rock further north on Lake Shore drive in Huage NY. Much nicer in many ways and is on the Lake as well.

One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

Canoe Camping at Its Best

There are a few camping sites and one lean-to that I know of in this area. We happened upon it on our way to the seventh lake campground and ended up staying for two nights. We accessed the sites by water on a canoe trip. There is a large sand bar within a very short walk which was a great place to hang out. Seventh lake is pretty quiet but there were a few boats there both days we visited.  There is a trail that connects the campsites to Seventh Lake Rd. and to the Bug Lake trail and we had some Hikers travel through the campsite. If you are looking for the site from the water, look for a HUGE rock and there will be a sign that reads camp here, there are two more campsites, one with a lean-to within a short walk as well.

Family-friendly

There are a lot of amenities that come with staying here. There is a fire pits at every campsite along with a large community fire pit to socialize with and meet other campers. Its a great way to let the kids find someone to play with while being supervised. You can leave your car/RV at your site and take the trolley into town/to the lake to avoid parking in town. There is also a bike path you can take to town. The pool is heated by solar panels so it is refreshing without being cold. It is safe to let kids ride their bikes around the campground, go to the arcade, pool, or playground because nothing is too far away. It is a cozy campground.

Great campsite on the way to Mt. Marcy

If you’re coming from Marcy Dam by way of Lake Colden, this campsite is a great spot to stop for the night on the way to Mt. Marcy. There’s a good water flow for water that is safe to drink (suggest bringing iodine just in case). There’s a lean-to and a latrine in the area as well.

Geared toward seasonal campers.

Don't get me wrong it is a very nice place.  We had a nice spot on the lake and were able to fish from our spot.  Which I heard will be given up to more seasonal sites.  I was hoping to be able to use the bathrooms and showers since I broke my foot and in awalking boot and using a shower chair.  But not only were they yuk there were absolutely no handicap stalls in the closest bathroom and I'm (newly) in a walking boot and needed a hand rail (more than I realized I did even since the toilets are those that are tiny and sit close to the ground).  2 other restrooms I tried to access were not at all accessible.  Facilities were not terribly ADA friendly!  For the $$ they could do more for their facilities.  I didn't get to experience the store or anywhere else due to COVID.

Quiet, spread out, and fun

I would recommend camping at Moosalamoo Campground because the campsites are spread out and it's nice and quiet with great privacy. The campground is conveniently located less than 20 minutes from Middlebury and still is down a long access road, therefore has no road noise. Moosalamoo campground has awesome bike trails with with smooth trail beds and nice rolling bumps. The kind campground hosts can tell you all about the hiking and biking trails within Mossalamoo National Forest. When you are in the Moosalamoo area, beautiful trees and wildness surrounds you! You should definitely come to the Mossalamoo campground.

~AJB, 10 y.o.

separated sites, quiet, clean

My family has been camping at Rollins Pond for years.  With the coronavirus concerns, they have made changes to their cleaning schedules and social distancing rules.  While there this year, my site was right across from one of the bathrooms.  They were there at least twice a day to clean them and they did a great job with keeping the facilities clean, minus the usual bugs and spiders you find in them.

Quite nice

I hadnt planned on staying in this campground, but drove by a sign for it and decided to check it out. The campsites are $15 per night and are very well spaced, probably 50 yards apart with lots of trees between, very private. Small campground, I think 19 sites, in one loop. Clean pit toilets and fresh water source. No firewood for sale on-site, but the campground manager (a very nice and helpful couple) told me about a place about 7 miles away that sells very good firewood for $4/bundle.

I was here for three nights, first night (Thursday) very peaceful and quiet, but the next two nights were a bit louder when the families moved into the campground for the weekend.

There is some decent hiking from the campground, one hike of maybe 2 miles (one way) to a reservoir, and another of 3 miles (one way) to the "Falls of Lana" (or something like that), which is really just a cascade, but nice nonetheless.

Awesome Lake George camping

I was lucky to book a site (#68)on the water. Beautiful views and morning sun. There is a nice trail to walk that follows along the shoreline. Each site has a fireplace and table. Some water sites have a steeper path to the water. Cell service is iffy.