About Brown Tract Pond Campground
Brown Tract Pond Campground is located in New York
5 Reviews of Brown Tract Pond Campground
Just what we needed. Rustic peace.

Beautiful, peaceful large pond/small lake. Loons. Ducks and ducklings. Beaver. Canoes($20/day) and kayak rentals. Firewood for sale ($9?) or gather downed wood. Fishing. Large sandy Adirondack beach and day use area. Pet friendly. Very friendly staff. Clean, stocked bathrooms/toilet with sink and soap. Well located water spigots. Nearby trails. Dump station. Boat launch (no motorboats allowed).

No hookups. No onsite showers (can use another Golden Beach Campground showers a few miles away.) No cell or internet. Maybe wifi near entrance?

Easiest access is from Raquette Lake. From the west you will drive over 5 miles on a dirt road (slow going if towing).

Peaceful Lakeside camping

This campground is peaceful and lovely. There are no motorboats allowed on the lake, so the water is perfect for paddling. There is a small beach for if you don't get a waterfront campsite. They have canoes and kayaks for rent as well. We stayed on a non-waterfront site and there was a lot of space between us and neighbors. They have flush toilets at most sites, but no showers. You can use showers at a nearby campground. I would stay there again, but I would love to get a waterfront site this time.

I fell in love with this place

As I sat having by my coffee, watching steam rise from the pond, I listened to the distant calls of Loons.

I’d describe this campground as a hidden gem, but it’s not for everyone. To get here you leave the paved road and take a gravel road a little ways. On our way we spotted a group of Turkeys wandering about. This campground is for the adventurous. No electric or water hook ups (for RVs) and no shower facilities, but there are restrooms.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Helped me pick out a site and made sure I was good once I set up. Bring or rent a Canoe and you can travel out to an island in the middle of the pond from which families jump from a large rock into the lake.

As the sun sets and the stars come out, you’ll look up and suddenly realize just how small you are as you stare at the heavens and see the Milky Way.

Nothing but peace and quiet. When it’s quiet hours, the only thing you here is nature and the occasional crackle of someone’s fire.

Would I go here again? Brown Tract is one of those places that after you go once, you find yourself going again and again. Our tripped was booked as soon as we could.

Great getaway

As avid campers, we love exploring new places. We were not disappointed by our time at this campground. Would come back!

quiet.

sites: private. scavenge for firewood. site 4 was perfect for us. some on water. amenities: clean. no showers. other attractions: boat rental. pond. I would go back again.