Pottersville , NEW YORK

Most Recent Pottersville Camping Reviews
One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

Canoe Camping at Its Best

There are a few camping sites and one lean-to that I know of in this area. We happened upon it on our way to the seventh lake campground and ended up staying for two nights. We accessed the sites by water on a canoe trip. There is a large sand bar within a very short walk which was a great place to hang out. Seventh lake is pretty quiet but there were a few boats there both days we visited.  There is a trail that connects the campsites to Seventh Lake Rd. and to the Bug Lake trail and we had some Hikers travel through the campsite. If you are looking for the site from the water, look for a HUGE rock and there will be a sign that reads camp here, there are two more campsites, one with a lean-to within a short walk as well.

Amazing views

Have stayed here a handful of times. This is a great stop when rolling into the Adirondacks. Tons of cute towns nearby and have always used this as a quick stop before heading further into the mountains. There are outhouses at the sites and one in particular has a great view up on a ledge. Pretty secluded. Also very windy so be prepared. Will be back.

Thus far, my favorite spot

There’s no explaining the views around here. The mountains are beautiful, Lake Placid is beautiful, and this campsite is amazing. It’s pretty secluded, and from what others have said.. yes, beware of the roads coming in. 40MPH is too fast for these torn up roads. The campsite itself is great. They have cabins, lean-tos, and tent sites. My boyfriend and I braved the 12° nights and pitched a tent. There were a lot of campers, but the sites are spaced out and people were very respectful of noise/lights/other campers. I was bummed out to see no wildlife, but we did see a moose print on the hike up Mount Marcy!! (Unfortunately I only made it about 3/4 of the way and had to come back down. Not in amazing shape, but working on it 😂)

This is really one of my favorite spots. The Adirondack Loj is warm and inviting. The facilities are clean and well kept. I will FOR SURE be visiting again soon.

Great campsite on the way to Mt. Marcy

If you’re coming from Marcy Dam by way of Lake Colden, this campsite is a great spot to stop for the night on the way to Mt. Marcy. There’s a good water flow for water that is safe to drink (suggest bringing iodine just in case). There’s a lean-to and a latrine in the area as well.

You should camp here!

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Everything was very clean. Our site felt secluded even though there were other people camping nearby.

October 20

Tented here for long weekend… no wireless really, which disappointed. Few flat, even spots but we liked #136. Office staff seemed disinterested in helping for some reason. They had kayak and canoe rentals available. However, check the plug at the rear of the kayak!! Annoying shots fired randomly every morning from a nearby group of hunters (?). Showers were awesome!!! Campground is very dog friendly.

A bit pricey, but a very nice park

We stayed site 98E in the Hundred Acre Woods and were there for 2 weeks. The outer sites are wooded, but spacing varies. Unfortunately, there were no trees between 98E and 98D. We had the place pretty much to ourselves during the week, but the weekends got quite busy. AT&T had very poor data connection, <0.5 MB/s, as did T-Mobile. Their WiFi was very inconsistent, where I had to disconnect and reconnect multiple times per day to get measurable data rates. They do have a very nice network of trails, both within the campground property and in the surrounding forest, all of which were leashed dog friendly.  There are also lots of hiking trails along the river and around Lake Placid. Several were leashed dog friendly.

Great hikes, and location!

Rode in on a motorcycle late at night expecting to not be able to get in, but you can take a parking pass and drop an envelope with your fee at the entrance booth. $15 for a full day $8 after 1PM. The parking fills up fast for Mt. Marcy hikes. Would recommend sleeping at the Mt. Marcy dam lean-to’s (~2 mile hike in) the night before your hike to beat the crowds. **Road going in is very rough use extreme caution on a motorcycle with street tires

Decent camping!

Pretty standard Adirondack camping. Didn’t get to camp at the actual sites themselves because it was a bit late in the season but I found a pull off on the same road and was able to have a little fire on the beach and crash in the van just fine. Pretty close to a road but not a busy one at all.