Bloomingburg , NEW YORK

204 Reviews

Most Recent Bloomingburg Camping Reviews
Not a great “camping” experience

Stayed in a spot without water hook up. All spigots to fill camper with water were situated just off main driving lanes resulting in a lot of congestion of cars behind us when attempting to fill tanks. Spots were very cramped and sites lack any natural character. Kind of like a parking lot or a tailgate scene. Hiking trails were nice our stay was very crowded with lots of time traffic on all trails. May have been the overall crowding that negatively impacted our experience. Overall, not what we were expecting or looking for on a weekend getaway.

Great for groups

Big space - we had around 40 people for a group event and there was plenty for everyone to do. Well kept facilities

Great shelters, better trails!

This is a great place for camping. The shelters are great for people who want to camp and not have to worry about unplanned weather. The best part of this campsite are the endless trails in the area (see screenshot of AllTrails). I believe there are over 40 miles of trails in this area. Would definitely recommend for those who want to camp near NYC but not drive too far.

Beautiful and serene state park

TLDR: I would go back to this park in a heartbeat!

So I just got him from Promised Land State Park and it couldn’t have been a more relaxing weekend. We stayed at Pickerel Point in one of the loops.

Pros: Beautiful scenery, nice bath houses, big sites, easy access to the lake and pickerel point beach. Small town about 5-10 mins away where you can get the very basics, and another larger town with a grocery store, liquor store, and hardware store about 20 minutes away

Cons: dump station is a little tricky to get into or out of with a longer rig, sites can be pretty far out of level so bring lots of leveling blocks. It took 30 lego levelers for us to get level.

Amazing weekend getaway

Even the rain couldn't ruin this weekend getaway. The spring water source is a short hike back from the campsite, relatively convenient to restock from camp. Thought I heard bears come through overnight, but may have been a lucid dream. Bear can was undisturbed in the morning. First trip to the catskills but will definitely be back!

Close to NYC

Close enough to the city, far enough to enjoy the nature. Expect crowds.

Beautiful hikes nearby

Very peaceful and quiet with lots to do in the area.

Nice place

Quiet and nice grounds.

The Lake, Though....

I stayed on a lakeside electric/water site for 5 nights in August 2020.  It was SO BEAUTIFUL.  We had SUPs and kayaks to take on the lake and our sites were right next to the boat launch.  Each day we would paddle over to the swimming area on the lake.  It was awesome.  The sites seemed a little narrow when we first pulled in, but it was plenty.  The kids had fun riding bikes on the road, which was off the main road.  The bugs were better than I would have anticipated next to the lake, although some days the flies were a bit annoying.  The kids caught multiple sunnies and even a small perch.  All in all, we had a great time and plan to go back next year.

Best camp site I ever seen.

Yes you can camp on top of the mountain. Yes you can make a cap fire. Yes you can star gaze by the views near the camp. Yes it’s amazing. It take the average hiker about an hour ish to get to camp/ledge view. This one is one of my favs.