Barker, NEW YORK

Most Recent Barker Camping Reviews
Nice , clean little campground

Nice , clean , quiet… minutes from Niagra falls! We liked this little quite a bit . Bath house was very clean and had washers and dryers !

Chill

Great place to hangout for a weekend, camp sites are walking distance to the lake. The only thing is the sites are pretty congested so make sure to look at the map before you choose your spot. I recommend site 161 if you can get it.

It was decent!

I think I could have had a better experience here if I didn’t get the last spot available. We were literally camping in a field (no trees) right next to the playground… so you can imagine. There are spots near the water that looked much nicer. We went to see the sunset and it was a beautiful view. You can walk right up to Lake Ontario, which was really nice!

Great base camp for Niagara and other attractions!

Site Details: We stayed on site#79, which was an electric site with a nice lake view. Our row of sites was separated from Lake Ontario by a large, open field. The sunset views over the lake each evening were spectacular. Our site actually had a gravel driveway and pad, as did several others, but I noticed that the majority of sites were grass only. There was a nice row of small shade trees and bushes that separated our row of sites from each other, but the general feel of the campground was more open field rather than forest. I really liked our site overall, but it was a bit of a walk to the bath house and water spigot.

Facilities/Overall Park: This is a very large and popular campground, and to my surprise it didn’t empty out much during the week. The setting is beautiful, the rangers were friendly, and the playgrounds are very nice. The camping loop roads were nicely paved and great for bike-riding. The lake was simply beautiful, and you can even see the Toronto skyline on a clear day. With that said, some of the facilities could use some TLC. There are several bath houses with laundry located throughout the CG, and some are a bit more updated than others. The closest bath house to our site was unfortunately the most dated and dirty of them. The showers were pretty gross, and the bathroom stalls were so-so, but there was constantly TP all over the floor, overflowing trash cans, and only one working soap dispenser(which was empty most of the time). We usually see camp hosts at state parks who take care of bathroom cleaning, but I didn’t notice any hosts or host sites this trip, which I thought was odd. I also noticed that the park in general was sparsely staffed, which seemed odd given the amount of campers.

Surrounding Area/Attractions: The convenient location of this campground can’t be beat. Fort Niagara is about 5 minutes away, the falls are 15-20 minutes away, and there are many farm stands and cute little towns nearby. Another neat town to visit is Lockport, about 30 minutes away(Lake Effect Ice Cream is a must!). This is a very rural area, so the fresh produce stands are plentiful during the summer season. Our favorite was Tom Tower; his peaches and corn were incredible. The fresh cookies from nearby Sanger Farm were delicious as well. Overall, this is a lovely park in a great location. While the facilities within the park were lacking, it is a beautiful and affordable base camp from which to explore all the nearby towns and attractions. We would camp here again!

Quiet and friendly

Back to the basics, not resorty, love it we have tent camped here and also brought our pop up for a week

Beautiful, Friendly, Quiet

We had a great experience here at Beaver Meadow. The terrain was hilly and fun to navigate, the store was well stocked, the fish in the pond were hungry and active. The golf cart rental was pretty steep compared to all other campgrounds.

Darien Lake camping resort

Large campground, with almost every kind of camping available through the park. Cabins,trailers, tents, and every type of space for whatever your mode of camping is. Since it is attached to 6 flags you have every amenity available to you . Campstore, cafe, gift shop, showers and laundry. The only negative and for me it's a big negative is that there are no posted speed limits on the grounds, and I found that the majority of people were driving way to fast with so many kids around

Unbelievable

I dont even know where to start 2 water parks for kids and adults play areas for pets DEFINITELY BRING OR RENT THE GOLF CART , very hilly but tons of fun

Relaxing

Great place to relax and have fun with the family , lots of pets , kids loved the beach and it's only minutes from 6 flags

Great time

Really nice staff! Free putt putt. Clean! So much to do. There is a dog park as well!

Fun

Great place clean camp ground. Lots of fun we had breakfast there and lunch was pretty expensive near the pools. Would not camp there if we weren’t going to Darien lake. We went on that new swing ride that was really high it was a lot of fun!

Awesome

Put put was free. So many things to do with the kids. Heated pools. Beach was clean.

Great fun

The laser show was great. Some of the rides were down so that was annoying. But we all had fun!

Beautiful campground

This is a fairly new campground on Grand Island near Niagara Falls. There a lot to do here, kayaking the pond, 2 zip lines, miniature golf and great pools. The bathroom/showers are spotless. The sites have a decent amount of room and many have a lot of shade. They have back in or pull through sites, cabins, tent sites and even yurts.

Huge campground

This KOA was really big. We came a stayed the weekend, which was packed and very loud. There was a Christmas in July theme and the Christmas lights were honestly annoying. Sunday night rolled around though and everything changed. We did not get to do anyone of the in camp activities because we were doing so much site seeing, but there are two small pools, a pond, basketball courts, play ground and jump pad.

This is about an hour from Niagara.

Only if you have to

This campground is only worth staying at if you’re going to the park. The bathrooms are small dirty and there’s not enough of them. The hookups are pathetic most sites I saw that were listed as 30 amp were not and the power box was well in front of your camper and water was on the wrong side of the camper. We had a shaded and wooded site which was ok but the mowing and maintenance was terrible.

Very nice, well maintained. Never a dull weekend.

This campground was very nice and very well maintained. Everyone was friendly. Our arms were sore after the first night from waving to everyone who drove past. Mostly seasonal sites with about 35-40 rentals. The camp store was stocked about as well as Camping world. We needed a hand crank for our tv antenna, yep they had it. Huge lot with activities ever weekend. We will be back and we know what site we want!!

Super Friendly community

This is a great community to camp in.  They only allow seasonal or membership camping- it is not a place that you can just stay for the weekend without a membership.  There are a variety of sites to choose from, some with great water views.  There is a beach and a dog pond, basketball, volleyball, paddle boats, fishing, playground and pavilion.  They offer several community activities as well.  It is a beautiful,private place to camp.

One word to describe the sites here: SPACIOUS

The sites in the loop we stayed in had about 75’ between driveways, all with varying levels of trees/brush between them, very secluded. The beach is a decent little hike, but very easy flat bike ride or about a minute in a car going 15mph. If you want secluded beaches, skip the public beach and head a little West of Area 4, take the sandy path to the water for an amazing hidden grotto. Sites are electric only but with a 100’ hose you can reach a spigot from most any spot to re-fill the camper.

Good access to Niagara Falls

But not good for swimming. Beautiful sunset views. Showers didn’t have hot water but bathroom was fine otherwise. This is a very large campground.

Average, expected more from KOA

The campground is very small. It makes for challenging entry and exit for Class A, especially if towing. Location is great for visiting Niagara Falls. Pool is not cleaned very often, lots of leaves. All gravel sites. Many are not very level.

Great little mom and pop campground

The tent sites were great and spaced apart. The owners were very friendly and there was a nice pond. Showers could need updated but it was about what I was expecting. I love little campgrounds like this so it was even better than I was hoping.

Massive with great views no matter where you sleep.

Lots of sites to choose from. The 100s and 300s have no electricity. Sites are nice and mostly open but you can find shaded sites no matter what. You will converse with neighbors, as you should when camping, so it is nice to find this place. Waterfront is amazing and those with the sites have it perfect, but don’t fret if you were not one of the lucky ones as there is a massive field to get too view Toronto. Showers were clean and friendly. We found the showers in the 300s to be empty almost every time we went to them since they are off the beaten path a bit.

Good base camp to see the area

The tent sites are fairly level.  Tent sites with water and electricity are well maintained and work as advertised.  There is little shade in the campground which can make tents hot during the day.  Campground services are good.  Bathrooms were generally clean and functioning.  The two pools are a nice feature in the summer heat.  Laundry area is open 24/7.  There are two dog run areas.  Camp store has essentials as well as extras.  They also have excursion packages for sale to local sites.  Staff are friendly and responsive to any issues.

Quiet, good 1 night stop over

Nice camp ground, $30/night, quiet, good quick stop over.

Not my favorite

I can't really complain too much about the campground.  The staff was friendly and helpful although I came in after an eight hour drive and totally exhausted.  I wasn't happy when they charged me almost the full price of our stay (yeah, I forgot about that but I didn't have the credit card it was supposed to go on).  Then they charged me $10 for a fob to let me in the gate after hours.  Not quite sure how that was supposed to work since half the time the gate wasn't manned anyway.  At least we got our money back for it but it was one more expense I wasn't expecting. It was frustrating.  The pond was disgusting.  I wouldn't swim in it.  Trash was all over the edge of the pond.  My son and I cleaned up after some guests.  The sites weren't marked.  I drove by our site and had to ask another guest where it was.  The campground is mostly long-term campers.  Most have decks and shrubbery surrounding their rv's.  There were even a couple of mobile homes.  Saturday night was horrible as the golf carts kept going up and down the street until around midnight.  Fortunately, everyone left the next day and the campground was very pleasant to stay in.  The frogs were a hoot and we woke every morning to the cows at the farm next door.  Loved the two pools and the creek.  Nice little snack bar inside the store and office.  Just wish the office opened earlier.  We left at 8 before anyone was there and had to have our refund mailed.  Would I stay there again?  No.  I much prefer state campgrounds.

Great sites, be prepared for fireworks on weekends

I didn’t see a review mentioning that the park has a fireworks and laser light show from 10-11:30PM every Friday and Saturday. The show is right next to the campground. We had just gotten our two kids down to sleep when it started and of course everyone was back up again until Midnight. Other than that the campground was great, well maintained, and there are security trucks enforcing quiet hours, no one around us made a peep after 10, and we saw the guards snuff out a couple partys quickly and quietly. There was a HUGE line for the dump station on Sunday morning, definitely worth the couple extra bucks for full hookup so you can bypass that.

Friendly staff, lots to do.

The staff was really friendly and judging by the regulars, they are always this friendly. There is lots to do, swimming, fishing, volleyball, bike riding, etc.. They were fully booked over fathers day weekend but found a spot for our truck camper with hookups. We will definitely go back.

Relaxing

We were placed next to the pool, pavilion and bathrooms. Kids playing in and out of bathrooms last night but it was short lived. We were able to park deeper off the road due to the kindness of the owners letting us borrow an extension cord. :) Behind us was a field and we parked between two trees which was awesome. Clean place. Seasoned established RV’s here. We would come again.

Friendly, Quiet

It’s mostly seasonal campsites with a lot of folks trekking around on golf carts. The owners, Dan and Flora, were able to put us somewhere that was somewhat secluded with an open field behind us and some trees for shade. They even let us borrow an extension cord so we could park further off the road.