The best TENT SITES camping near
Oakwood Park , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Oakwood Park Camping Reviews
Decent place for kids

The place was fun.. they have peddle cars and playgrounds. They deliver wood to your site by the truck full! Nice little store and staff are all friendly. My only issue is that there are no trees. It feels like you're camping out in a field with mostly sand around. But having said that, I'd still recommend it for all of the positive they do have.

Great location...easy access to city

We spent 3 nights here last week. I was in NYC for business and we took our RV. Very convenient location. My wife visited Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The sites had electric and water and were in a fenced off section of tue marina parking area. It was a little loud with city noises, but exactly what we expected being so close. Staff was great. Easy access with our 32 foot RV pulling our Jeep.

Looking for some peace and quiet?

Beautiful and quaint..a nice place to get away and enjoy some nature.

Best ever. Really.

This is my second attempt at posting a review here. I am not a fan of camping "resorts," so keep that in mind if you are looking for an incorporated waterpark,theater, etc.. The spacing is perfect, even packed you have space and privacy. The views are amazing. Plenty of trails, plenty to do near by. Place is perfect. The price is astonishingly low.

Best. Campground.Ever.

Please keep in mind I am not and have never been a fan of "resort" campgrounds, so things like wifi, pools, etc, are not here (that I know of). There are plenty of trails, water (creeks, pond,lake,) views and even if the place is packed there is PLENTY of room. The price makes it even better. Just best place I have ever been and plenty to do near by.

Good

Nice location

Difficult trek but amazing views

Suffern-Bear Mountain from Gate Hill Road is a high difficulty 15 mile out and back trail. At one point of the trail is a very difficult, but doable, rock scramble up the side of the mountain. At the top of the scramble is a primitive camping site with amazing views. The most difficult part about camping in this location is that you will have to carry your supplies up the mountain to the site. I would advise packing light if planning on camping here. The campsite is about 2.5 miles from the trailhead.

Primitive site - Right on the river

Stonetown Circular trail is a 11 mile medium/high difficulty loop trail. This is the second of two primitive sites along the trail. The trailhead is across the street from a large parking lot. This site is about 4 miles into the hike. This is a nice spot to set up camp because it is right next to a flowing stream with fresh water. The site is marked by a sign on a tree that says ’The Island’. This is a pretty spread out site with plenty of level space to set up multiple tents. There is a great fire pit to heat up water and cook food. The trail loop is definitely a difficult hike and setting up camp at one of the two sites is a nice way to break up adventure. Be ready for a difficult uphill rock scramble and I would advise packing light.

Primitive site - worth the scramble for the view

Stonetown Circular trail is a 11 mile medium/high difficulty loop trail. This is the first of two primitive sites along the trail. The trailhead is across the street from a large parking lot. This site is about 2 miles into the hike. This is a great spot to set up camp because it has a wide area and an amazing view. You will find the site right next to the American Flag at the top of the mountain. The only difficult thing about this site is that it is at the top of a fairly difficult rock scramble. I would advise packing light if making camp at this site because a heavy pack would make this scramble up the mountain even harder.

Get back to Nature

I love this place! Plenty to do, plenty to see and plenty of privacy if that’s what you want. Our campsite was lovely and the people who own this place are so down to earth and friendly. They over extended what it means to be a host in my mind. They were knowledgeable about the surrounding towns, their campground, and basically everything nature related. This was our very first night camping in an RV (we were renters at the time). They helped us with leveling and allowed us to use their phone when we had issues with ours. They removed all garbage at a decent time and the garbage cans were located near the campsites so we didn’t have to walk far at all. The campground is beautiful with a lake, playground, miniature golf course and access to a ton of hiking. The wolf preserve, which is next to the campground, is in walking distance though I believe they will drive you if needed. We didn’t do a tour, will save that for next time. We stayed on a partial site with water and electric. The dump station was easy to access on your way out of the campgrounds. Trees were trimmed and our campsite was mostly flat and easy enough to maneuver (as first timers we did it without much of an issue but we needed some 4x4s and the owner delivered them to our site). Great place to stay with or without children. Other campers were all respectful. We stayed during Covid and everyone was following social distancing guidelines. One downside for some may be the WiFi access. Very poor signal however, we didn’t mind, it actually helped us to let loose and not be so attached to all things digital. I will 100% be returning and likely it will be a yearly go-to for us.