Burleigh , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Burleigh Camping Reviews
Great resort

Everything was great about our experience here. From the staff to the amenities.

Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Great time

Great time spent 2 days. Rode our bikes and went to local winery. Cleanest bathrooms

Enjoyable

We just returned from a 4 night trip to Baker's Acres.  The staff was friendly, our site was large, clean, and the most level site we have ever camped on!  We loved the nature trail.  We saw deer every time we walked on it.  My husband and daughter enjoyed the pool.  The playground was nice.  We enjoyed the scavenger hunt and Saturday night entertainment.   There were very few golf carts and all the cars drove cautiously.  We felt our daughter was safe to ride her bike.

Some people might complain about the condition of the roads.  We didn't mind them - it kept people from driving too fast.  The bathhouse at the pool could use an update but it was clean and the toilets flushed and the spigots worked!  The red bathhouse was nice with separate shower/toilet rooms.  Our campsite was a good 7 minute walk from the nearest bathroom which was a bit far so a small bathhouse near the nature trail would have been appreciated.

The trip into LBI was an easy one.  We borrowed beach tags from the camp store for a fee and headed to the Brant Beach section of LBI.

We usually do all of our own cooking at our camper but we did decide to treat ourselves to a meal at Calloways (about 5 minutes away).  They have outdoor dining and mini golf.  In non-Covid times they have some amusement rides.

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.

COVID camping

The campground is fine. Bathrooms seemed as clean as a state park during a global pandemic can get… my frustration came with the noise level and the site I booked. Sites 14, 16, 59, and 57 (I think) all share a common area. It lacked privacy and our inconsiderate neighbors partied alllllll niggghhtttt llooonngggg as well as many other people in the South campground. After 10pm, the music volume was high and campers were LOUD. I was smart enough to bring earplugs. It's buggy… to be expected but the general vibe here was not my thing. People here just wanted to get sloshed and loud. I wanted a place to crash after hiking and going to the beach all day. 🤣 Mostly my mistake for picking the site I did from lack of familiarity of this campground. Probably will not be back, unless during the week and a more secluded site.

Bikes Beach Boats

There is so much to do near this campground. The bike trails are wonderful and we like to bring kayaks to the bay side. Also, the beach! Not exactly cheap but it really is a great spot. My one complaint is that you definitely have to book very far in advance especially for a summer weekend!

Spacious Sites Near the Beach

Camping in Henlopen State Park was a great idea! My group was there, on two adjacent sites, from Sunday to Tuesday, in early June. The weather could not have been more ideal! We were on sites G12 and G13, which were both really large. Here's the rundown:

Pros:

• Clean, accessible bathhouses
  • Really large tent sites
  • So close to the beach and nearby Rehoboth and Lewes (great dining and shopping)
  • Easy-burning firewood
  • Access to a camp store
  • A pretty quiet campground altogether
  • Campground fee includes beach access so you don't have to pay again

Cons:

• It's busy! Be prepared to wait to get into the park for 15-45 mins due to traffic backups at the entrance gate
  • The walk to the beach is a LONG one

Neutral Thoughts:

• The campsite as a whole is a very busy one--there's a lot going on from bike riding to frisbee throwing
Love this place. We have been coming here for 3 years now and will continue to book every year

Fills up fast so you have to book well in advance. Paved trails to the beach, the bay, nature center and bike trails. Clean sites and bath houses. Nice friendly staff. Nice camp store