Avalon, NEW JERSEY
Most Recent Avalon Camping Reviews
Clean bathhouse

Flat, large sites. Typically windy and no shade.

Great

Awesome campground! Always a fun time camping and driving around this park! Gorgeous!

Love this place!!

Been going for years. Started renting, then pop up, now small travel trailer. Great staff! Have upgraded shower houses. Close to everything. Can’t say enough about how wonderful it is here. Great shaded sites. Have to book early!!!!

Wonderful!

This campground is amazing! It was recently remodeled and has great trails, straight to the beach, bike paths, and hikes. It has a specific tent only area, close to the beach. It is a former army site, fort miles, providing some WWII history.

Not for the tent folk

The campsite is right next to a loud highway and you cannot hear the waves that are so close by. There are no trees and no privacy between sites. This campground is clearly made for the RV fishermen, not for tent folk.

Sandy but fun

The main thing to know is that the cabins and campsites are all on sandy ground.

For this visit we camped in the cabins with three other families each in their own cabins. The cabins are very spacious, have electric, air and heat. They also have a mini fridge and small microwave as well as tons of cube storage. There are two twin bunks in one room and a queen bed and sofa in the main room. The porch is screened in with a fan and a picnic table. Trash cans, garbage bags, a broom and dust pan are provided.

The cabins are all located near each other in a circle and are pretty close. They are great for group camping.

The nature center here is great for kids and includes several fish tanks, a stingray touch tank and a horseshoe crab touch tank. There are lots of kids friendly hiking trails around and historic military sites as well as some neat playgrounds.

Close to the beach. Needs more restrooms. Overall a nice campground.

I have stayed here a number of times. This is a nice campground. Some sites are a little close together but others are more spacious. There is a small store, a playground, laundry room, free bath houses, the whole state park, Fort Miles, a nice bike path, a nature center, free bike use and the beach. The bathhouses and restrooms are very clean. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 stars is because they need more restrooms. They have one old bathhouse that is separate showers and restrooms. The other two are bigger and newer rooms with a shower, sink and a toilet. They are very nice except if you have to use the restroom you have to wait for someone to finish showering which can be a while. This has not stopped us from visiting this campground. Definitely bring your bikes (or barrow one). Lots to see and do.

Great location

It is a great location and the park is beautiful. The camping area is tight. Sites are on top of each other and not very private. The bath house wasn’t terrible. They did do some upgrades recently, however, I haven’t been there since. This campground is perfect for those who want to spend a less expensive week at the beach.

Great Location!

Great location! Very close to a beautiful beach! Sites were a little too close to each other. I’d recommend renting 2 sites if there are more then 2 in you party.

Peaceful and fun

Have stayed here multiple times, most recently October 2018. They have a beautiful heated pool, waterfront tiki bar, on site store and restaurant, kayak and golf cart rental and they seem to be adding more every year! They have different types of sites, some gravel, some paved and some with concrete patios and nice furniture included. They also offer cabins and safari tents as options if you don't have an RV. Each site has a firepit and there are multiple clean bath houses throughout, each with laundry. There's a beach on site(soundfront) and a dog beach area as well. We loved the ability to stay in a peaceful campground with beautiful views and still be able to drive to the boardwalk and ocean beaches. Will be back again this year!!

Just ok with the dog

Bathrooms were very clean. People were very nice. Camp sites are very sandy. We chose this place because they advertise dog swimming. They only have a very small area which was slightly mucky and I saw three large cotton mouth snakes hanging on the coastline. I know that it's nature and snakes will be there but we did not get in the water with our puggle. No Way!

Nice spot!

Cape henlopen is one of five or six Delaware state parks that offer RV camping. Sites vary in size so make sure you check the details before you book. Using their online campground map along with google earth will give you a pretty good idea. Water and electric hookups only. There are 3 dump stations as you exit the park which is really nice. I have never had to wait. Most sites offer good shade by the local pine trees. Nice bike trails and hiking through the dunes. They even offer free bike rentals. Clean bath houses as well. If they had Full hookups I would give 5 stars (I am spoiled I know).

Great for passing through!

Stayed here on a road trip with some friends passing through from Atlantic City. Unfortunately when we stayed we werent allowed to have a fire. But luckily, its in a great location, near Ocean City, MD and Rehoboth Beach, so there was plenty to see and do. Nice little beach too!

Old-fashioned, friendly, amenity filled campground!

We visited MANY campgrounds in Del. Pa. and N.J. looking for a place to stay seasonally. Once we went to Hospitality Creek, I knew we found our home. The people, activites, roomy sites, pools, beautiful lake for swimming and boating/fishing, snack bar with breakfast and full lunch/dinner menu made it such an easy choice. It is on the pricy side for nightly/weekly camping rates, but really worth every dollar!

Nice for a short visit

Pros: this campground was nice and clean, with decent amenities (including FREE hot showers!). I stayed there on a Saturday, and walked in without a reservation and was able to get a site. They had a few ranger-led events that night that I was able to partake in (a hay ride for a small fee, and a night hike that was free). They were both enjoyable, and everyone that worked there that I encountered was very pleasant.

Cons: the sites are pretty close together with no real trees or privacy in between, at least where I was located. So, I would stay here again for a night if I was passing through, but I wouldn't make this place a 'destination.'

Affordable near the Delaware Beaches

Deep Branch Family Campground has both open and wooded sites, all offering water and electric. In addition to a dump station, the campground has a free honeywagon available upon request. Most sites are on hard sand and fairly level. The road through the campsite is a bit tight, but we were able to navigate our 37 foot motorhome. Most of the sites are seasonal campers, and the transient sites are scattered throughout the campground. Wonderful, friendly people. Clean. It is a short drive to the beaches, but the rate is so much better than other campgrounds that it's worth it.

Great price, close to everything!

Large campground, hard to navigate at night when first pulling in. Little shade, which may be an issue in the hot summer, but after summer is awesome! Level sites, some with concrete slabs. Close to the beach, restaurants and Ocean City. Nice playground and well stocked store. The only issue was if your bathroom isn’t working, they need more bath houses. They are building one that was near our site but it wasn’t open yet.

Passing through

1 night stay while traveling up the east coast. Lots of seasonals so you kind of feel out of place. Plenty of shade but sites are right on top of each other. Nice pool. Bathhouse is large and clean.

Love this place, book two visits a year.

There are two areas of camping at the Delaware Seashore State Park. The north and south side which is divided by the Indian River Inlet. The south side has the guarded beach, concessions and a new restaurant called "The Big Chill Beach Club". The north side camping area has a marina, restaurant called "Hammerheads Dockside". The beach is unguarded and also allow your pups with you on the beach. My camping experience is from the North side only, we have never camped on the south side. The sites are level, spacious. 30 and 50 amp. Bathhouses are always clean. camp hosts and staff that we have encountered have always been profession and kind. Highly recommend however, if you plan on a "in season" visit you will need to make reservations far in advance.

Great family get away!

We stayed here the last weekend in September and it was wonderful. It's only 6 miles from the famous Wildwood boardwalk but you never have to leave the campground because they have so many planned activities. We stayed in the Ultra VIP section and had plenty of room to back in (total combined length of our truck and trailer is 52'). Nice concrete patio and all hookups worked well.

Eh

It xould use a little work nothing to bad though still had fun

I would say this is an awesome campground. The staff is great as well.

That is an all around fantastic campground . They have many activities, lake , and pool. If you have a problem, they are very accommodating for you and straighten it out .

Worth it!

After reading the reviews about the water that can accumulate in the campground I was worried. Rain was scheduled for the morning so we were prepared to shift to sleeping in the car. I am so glad we came! Yes, it rained and yes, this campground gets wet, but it did drain as the afternoon wore on. The attendant also let us move to a recently vacated site that was less wet. The space was large enough for my car, our tent, a canopy and more. It was level. The bathrooms were clean and there were good showers with great water pressure. If you stay on the south side you have great views of the inlet and the bay and are a short walk to a really nice little beach that also has a shockingly good beach bar and restaurant. We drove about 15 minutes to another part of the state park on the bay to paddleboard and our campground pass was also a state park parking permit. Night time in August was bearable due to the lovely breezes.

Beautiful Campground

We stayed in a yurt. it was a great experience that we would definitely do again. There is a small lake that was great to kayak on.

Great Find , Lots of attractions & things to do and close to the beach!

Atlantic Blueberry has a lot to offer campers from seasonal sites to large pull through sites for RV's as well as sites for tent camping. Located in Port Republic not far from Brigantine & Atlantic City. The park has a nice size pool as well as a kiddie pool. There is also a playground for the kids, camp store with some basic supplies as well as some planned activities on the weekends. We spent a month here while visiting family and while it was pretty busy on the weekends the weekdays were pretty quiet. The staff were very pleasant, accommodating and helpful. We would definitely stay here again. The only reason I gave only 4 stars is the description on there website does not make it clear what the difference is between premium & deluxe hookups. We thought we had booked a fhu site but are only able to dispose of our grey water. The black tank must be pumped out for an additional charge. Otherwise we would stay here again if we could get a site with full sewer hookup.

Hiking

I haven't camped here but we love the dog-friendly hiking trails. We have walked through the site areas and they seem to be a nice size but not offering too much privacy. We are usually there in the off season so not sure how crazy it gets in the warmer months with the lake being there.

We're already booked for next year!

First, let me start by saying this campground is not what I usually like. I like trees, mountains, shade… this is a beach, plain and simple. That being said- we absolutely loved it and are already booked for next year! It was easy to find. Sites were very well marked. Friendly staff. Beautiful views. Ocean was a short 5 minute walk from our campsite- along with a playground and delicious restaurant (that even served vegan food!)! I didn't use the bathroom/bathhouse, but my husband said they were clean, well maintained and had excellent water pressure. Sites were a bit tight; I believe online it says they're 45x30 but I find that hard to believe. Our trailer is almost 38 feet and we only had a little room left over. Sites were level and paved along with some sand and grass. Also a picnic table- no fire rings at the sites, but there were a couple campfire areas scattered around the park. We spent most of our time at the beach anyway so the small site really didn't matter much. The campground is split into two sides of the river. The larger one that we stayed at had a life guarded beach. The beach on the other side had no lifeguard, but dogs were allowed on that beach and the water seemed a bit calmer and clearer over there. We stayed for 5 nights and every night was quiet except Friday- that's when our neighbors decided to get drunk and sing karaoke until 2am. People please, if alcohol tells you that you sound like Stevie Knicks, don't believe it. You don't. And no one wants to be woken up by your screeching. We complained the next morning (and from what I understand, several other people did too) and that night they came and spoke to them about quiet hours and we had no more problems after that. It's right next to a bridge- which is beautiful at night- but we didn't hear the traffic as much as I expected. Tent sites were closer to the bridge, though, so I'm not sure how noisy they were… Overall, it was a great location (only about 15 minutes from the Rehobeth Beach boardwalk) with excellent amenities. Highly recommended!

back to nature in the pines

state forest, most camping areas worth going to are primitive with no electricity, showers or potable water. hiking into camp ranges anywhere from 3/4 of a mile to 3 Miles. it can be hot and buggy in the summer but the solitary vibe can’t be beat. prices are very reasonable being a state run forest.

I enjoyed my visit. Level site, good for tents. Close to amenities.