Sparta , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Sparta Camping Reviews
Gem in Missouri

Lovely spot in Missouri. Passing through to Tennessee and found this gem of a spot with 2 vault toilets, trash and it’s free! Arrived at sunset in a Wednesday and only 2 other campers. There’s about 6 spots to pull in with a camper/ RV then at least 6 tent spots. Most spots have a fire ring and picnic table. 2-3 bars of LTE with AT&T. Little bit of road noise but no issues sleeping in my van. Everyone we came across was kind. No electric or water so come prepared. Closest town for supplies is around 25 minutes. Would definitely stay here again!

Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Great Corps of Engineers campground

Nestled on one of the best lakes in Missouri is this clean, family campground. Fairly level sites with quite a few lake sites. Nice boat ramp and swim area. Clean shower houses well located around the camping areas. Only complaint I could find with this location is trying to book an open spot and no full hook up. Loved this camp ground and will come back again.

So many great memories!

This was my 4 year old son’s FIRST camping trip. And it rained like CRAZZZYYYYY. But man we had fun! My wife is 29 weeks pregnant and she came too! Between fishing and canoeing and swimming and our hike… wow! The Carrick Creek loop was a little harder than anticipated… or it could just be that I’m out of shape. Either way. We can’t wait to get back out in the woods soon!

Nice area

Nice place to walk in the woods, camping by permit, short drive from Springfield, high traffic

Best campground around!

Words can’t describe! Peaceful and quite. Easy access to the lake and ONLY place our family camps!

Branson get away

Only 4 miles from Branson, Table Rock Lake state park is a great place to stay. Most campsites are shaded, modern shower houses, nice blacktop walking trail 4 miles long, goes all the way to the visitors center at the dam, great for bicycles also. Plenty of things to do in this area if desired or lay back and enjoy the quite Ozark woods

Secluded and Peaceful by the lake

Beautiful private campground with access to Bull Shoals Lake. The campsite is lake view, and I took my kayak into a private lake cove. There's a bathroom and a shower, accommodations were much bigger than all other campsites I've been too. Spaces are huge.

Hike in and camp, or just hike for day use!!

This area is a wilderness area so camping is plentiful.  However in this particular are there is no organized campsite specifically.  Instead there are several areas where you can with permissions hike in and stay.

My suggestion for camping along this area are to check with local restrictions, there are some that you will want to make sure you know first hand.   Sometimes fire restrictions do change and these can be found at the beginning of the trails on the kiosks.   Some areas also are not permitted for overnight parking so you want to check those out before venturing into the wilderness for a lengthy time.

Check with rangers of the area to make sure you are not in a register only or permit only area for camping!!  Very important in this region.

Bring everything and then plot your course.

The 4 mile hike is amazing and has many beautiful view points however it is also quite treacherous in some areas.    This area is also one which you will find many snakes lurking during warmer months so beware!!!!

I always suggest on wilderness hikes to not hike alone or camp alone but this one I found to be more problematic with limited to no cell service for assistance should you encounter danger.

Be careful but have fun!!!

Quiet Peaceful Unbothered Night

Stopped off here after seeing the review on The Dyrt, glad it was added the campground was just my speed for camping without interruption.   I always love a good FREE campground and when I stumbled upon this one I was very happy.

Many conservation areas you visit are remote and with that remoteness also comes facilities which are lacking.  This one had all the necessary items, picnic tables and fire rings along with pit toilets which were not in bad shape.   From there I was easily able to set up camp and enjoy a peaceful evening.

I was the only one at the camp on a Tuesday evening, not even a single person came to use the  area.  I was expecting some traffic as most sites you have some kind of passerby but nothing.

There was a large dumpster which looked as though it hadn't been used recently when I visited as well, either it was recently dumped or this isn't a super popular place to stay.    I really enjoyed this location.

Tips:

* Because this is a bit more off the beaten path bring everything, there are no stores nearby.

* ATT had limited service so if you are traveling check your reception and check in if you do so before coming to the site.