The best GROUP camping near
Eldon , MISSOURI

Most Recent Eldon Camping Reviews
Great job on this area!

Missouri Department of Natural Resources has done an excellent job of taking care of this area and the surrounding wildlife. The Harry S Truman State Park is a treasure to relish and love. My family and I spent a week here and the place was amazing. Thank you Missouri Department of Natural Resources for your hard work.

Pine Ridge

Closed for the season

Three creeks

This place was very very disappointing for camping. Very very little spots available for tent camping and a very dilapidated 5th wheel was parked at the end. You have to go down some very back roads onto a private lane to get to this parking area. There is a very shotty sign pointing the way, otherwise you end up in someone's front gated entrance. Trails were over grown and definitely needed some maintenance. Did not spend the night.

Very clean and welcoming

My family stayed several nights here and loved the entire time. The sites were nice and well maintained. The restrooms were clean, stocked and nice to use. The staff was great and very helpful and we absolutely loved the whole experience.

Great little campground!

My wife, 1year old daughter and myself stayed 2 nights in site 42 in Racoon Ridge and enjoyed it greatly, despite the rainstorm on day #2. The bathrooms were very clean, had hot water and showers. The grounds themselves were pretty spotless and well maintained, the staff was very helpful and polite and every other camper we saw seemed to be having the same experiences we were. The swin beaches were closed because we stayed in late September, but the hiking was beautiful, weather was perfect and the wildlife was very abundant everywhere you looked. Have already recommended this place to several friends looking for new places to checkout.

Huge beautiful park. A lot of hiking and biking trails. Boat ramp and store in the park. We saw about 20 deer each day.

“Resort” it is not

Due to a family issue we needed to make the drive home (about 1,100 miles) in a few days. Hit the road and decided we’d had enough for the day. Called to confirm a site was available for one night. Drove down a dirt road to arrive to a fairly unlevel gravel pad. Sites are crowded with a shared water hookup. Wanted to pitch our trash in the morning, but no can, dumpster, bin, etc. was available. Just expected a lot more for $50/night!

So So

Interesting spot right on the river.  We spent two nights here.  Confusion about showers and bathrooms.  No showers and no flushable toilets, just out houses.  There is a bar at the marina that gets super busy at night with locals.  Super busy.  There is no buffer or signage keeping bar patrons out of the campsite so we found ourselves being interrupted by foot traffic and questions about our setup.  If you are looking for privacy, we suggest looking elsewhere.  Staff overall very nice.

Great Campground

Pros: Free!! Close to Columbia but far enough away for a getaway. Easy to find from the road, even in the dark. Fire pits and picnic tables are there. Vault toilets and running water available. Hiking trailhead at the entrance of the campground. Camping spots are spaced out enough.

Cons: Can hear lawn-mowing and Gun shots from neighboring properties in the early morning. Still not the end of the world. Definitely fills up on the weekends.

I stayed at #3 and it was a very spacious private spot. If you have kids/dogs I recommend spot #4 it has a long strip of playroom for running around without disturbing other spaces. 2 week maximum stay.

Excellent Time!

My son and I purchased two new travel trailers and campsite number two was perfect for getting our campers ready, including sanitizing our water tanks.

Although we did not fish, we thoroughly enjoyed our family hike up around the spring and watching all of the trout being caught.

It was a great family time and I am so blessed to have had this time together with my son, his lovely wife and our 3 year old granddaughter.

Thank you Bennett Springs!