Warren, MICHIGAN

Most Recent Warren Camping Reviews
Great campground

New owners in 2019 were very nice and helpful. There is a camp store that has literally everything you can think of needing for camping, and more plus regular food. It’s nice the swimming hole and fishing pond are separated. The bathrooms were always clean and the newer ones are very nice. Highly recommend.

Ranger Review: Banner and Oak Pathfinder hat at Holly State Rec

As a Ranger the Dyrt sends me products to test. This trip my husband and I tested hats from Banner and Oak. https://bannerandoak.com/collections/hats-ladies/products/pathfinder-blue   I found the pathfinder soft comfortable and it stayed secure on my head on a blustery rainy day. Even with a buff on underneath for keeping my ears warm. I did find the brim to be a little large for my face and I had to turn my head up at odd angles to take a selfie or as you can see in the video below.  My Husband Steve found the Sierra did not fit his head well He felt it looked too tall from the front, and the band was itchy.

Holly State Rec

Pretty park with several well marked trails. We stayed in the Maple loop which had several semi-private sites screened from neighbors by trees. I think site #1 was one of the roomiest and prettiest. The bathrooms were clean. There were several playgrounds, bench swings, play fields and even a basketball court. The ADA sites had pavement surrounding the fire rings and space at the picnic tables for a wheel chair.

Nice place to relax

The lady that runs this place is hands down the reason this park is so great . I come here every year for the past 6 years an for the 2020 season i plan on a 3 month lot rental

Awesome!

This place is by far one of the greatest campgrounds we’ve been to that is family oriented! We stay memorial day weekend and the last weekend of the season which is the harvest festival. My grandchildren always have a blast as well as grandma and Papa! Lots of pull through sites lots of tree shaded lots gives you that rustic camping feel with all the amenities.

Fun with family and pets!

Nice lakes for swimming and can take your pet as well!  Big playground and nice bathrooms

Family

Nice campground for family and activities.  Good dock for the kids to fish

Lake views

Arrived to a super friendly guy Chris that escorted us to our site. We have a pull thru that was very spacious with a long driveway . Nice lake view across the road. This location has 4 lakes. There is plenty of nature. Lots of trees along a nature trail. Cranes and ducks in the water . The first night was super quiet! The second night was a little louder with a live band near by the campground. Overall nice place . Store has everything you may need at reasonable prices .

Nice quick weekend retreat

Nice quick weekend retreat campground. Cement pads, water, and electric. Loop C is spacious with some trees

Great Atmosphere!

We’ve been going here for many years, we love access to the plenty of pools and kayaking amenities that are included in our stay!

Beautiful woods

Sites were spacious, we loved the national forest.

Awesome

Great state park. Has a hand gun shooting range with a range officer over looking and keeping control over it. Has some cool trails. It's right by the water. Highly recommend.

Popular Place!

This is a giant recreation area that features a campground, 3 lakes, tons of trails, and even a splash zone for kids. The campground has it all, electric, cabins, playgrounds, basketball courts, etc… The lakes are nice and there are tone of options of things to do and places to explore. Ideal for families and people who like to camp but aren’t into the “rustic” part.

2 Great Lakes & A Horse Camp

The campground here is actually a quite popular equestrian campground. There is a campground and a staging area. Rustic vault toilets, picnic tables, and fire rings. The campground itself isn’t really much to write home about (unless you have horses that is). The lakes and launches are however very nice and there are some great trail systems through the area.

Good base

Nice small campground. We stayed a couple nights. but were gone all day at some family functions close by. It was a good set up for us. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Fun with friends

Great area to be with friends. The round area's with the sites on the outside and common area on the inside make fro a great group type setup.

Close to home

We like to stay here when we need a quick get away. It is close to home, but yet still nice to get out camping for the weekend. Easy for friends to come meet up then they go back home at night.

Gorgeous wildlife area turtles frogs swan deer blue heron

Amazing hiking spot, rarely see anyone out past the boardwalks despite this being one of the only nature areas for miles. It is right next to the landfill, but really is a beautiful place, so many birds here. Blue herons, swan, swallows, geese. Watch out for geese, they like to block the only pathway to the parking lot, and after hiking 8 miles around the marshes your only option is to walk past them hoping they don't attack lol. There's really no way of avoiding them and you must get very close to get by, had a few gimme the stink eye and a warning hiss, other than that all is well!

Beautiful campground

Great RV resort with clean bathrooms and shower rooms. Wood delivery is great! Friendly staff!

Nice but kinda crowded

Very popular place. It’s close to home, so I like to paddle here. The sites are pretty large but mostly inhabited with RVs. Lots of campers come with the whole setup and stay for weeks. Colored lights, tiki torches, and loud music. Nothing very primitive or rustic about this place. Still, the lake is clean, there is a nice launch for boats, and a large swimming area for kids. Overall it’s a nice family camping spot.

Peaceful

This was our first time camping. The park has a beautiful 2.5 mile trail around the lake that makes this campground great. We brought our own kayaks but they do rent boats. We saw deer and rabbit. Our spot #18 I felt was spacious and not to close to the people next to us and trees behind us. We had privacy and it was quiet. The people we did talk to were all very friendly. We heard the showers were decent but we used our own. I would stay again.

Nice size sites for a state park

First thing that caught my attention is that sites are larger than most state park campgrounds. The bathrooms are standard state park stuff, but they are clean. Lake is a bit weedy, but trails are great for hiking. Remember, only electric at the state parks.

Love it!!

Small campground but just awsome staff is so friendly! We love it there!

Sites where huge and the campground was so clean and beautiful!

FANTASTIC

The best, cleanest, well maintained, under control campground we’ve ever been to.

Busy place. Lots to do for the kids.

Great for kids, a little annoying for a couple adults just trying to break in our camper..but the hookups worked fine. Dog area was like a barren wasteland but I still appreciated it. Clean bathrooms.

The tale of two loops!

The North loop is right on the water, mostly flat, very open (not shady), the south loop where we stayed very shady, very hilly but manageable, over all great place to stay!

Pretty lakes!

This place has some great water so bring a boat, board, or kayak. Very popular for fishing and paddling. The campground isn’t overly special but it’s in a great location. Bathrooms, picnic tables, fire pit, the standard accommodations.

Great local place without driving too far

Island lake really does feel like you’re up north with the hours spent on I-75. There are great hiking trails that give novice and Intermediate hikers a chance to sharpen their skills. Signs are well marked throughout the park. Also, lots to do here swimming, hiking, biking, overall outdoor fun. I’ve biked here and have hiked here several times. Great location without having to drive too far.

Has what you need

Campground is right by the power plant, but also have beautiful views of the lake. There is not much shade and if lot is full you are very close to other campers.