Pittsville , MARYLAND

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Pittsville Camping Reviews
This place is great.

So I loved the campground. I got a electric site with a place for a large tent. The grounds are very well kept, respectful attendants and clean grounds. I loved the trip the scenery and the whole site. One thing I did have trouble with is the grade of the sites are somewhat downhill so if you do end up camping during a time it rains be sure to put your tent on a tarp. I was floating my tent the night it rained. Otherwise an all around amazing place to go.

Newbies

This is our first ever campsite with our new RV. It was a nice experience. Everybody was friendly. We had a large pull through lot with our 36 foot fifth wheel. Friends had a tiny lot with their shorter camper. They had no privacy. The sites were wooded and there were so many leaves all you could hear was leaf blowers throughout the day. Campers were blowing piles and piles of leaves along the road. Not sure what the policy is but I feel that the facility should clean up the leaves. It’s a good spot for kids.

Great campground overall

We arrived at our hike-in site just after midnight and was pleasantly surprised that we were one of two groups of campers on that Thursday night. Firstly, the walk to hike in is gloriously short for car camping. We were able to schlep all of our gear in three trips. We had considered taking a wagon but I'm glad we didn't. The check in process the following day was very short, but be forewarned that if you leave the campground and return prior to getting your camping tag you may have to pay the park entrance fee (we did not but were warned).
There is sand everywhere (you are almost at the beach) so a small dustpan and brush will keep your tent tidy. The bathroom and showers are just outside the hike in parking lot, but could use an upgrade. The shower stalls don't have a private changing area, just a long bench on the opposite wall from the row of push-button showers. Also, the drain for the shower isn't in each stall so water tends to flood the area between the bench and the showers; bring a pair of shower shoes.  The water pressure was good and the shower was hot.  It may be a bit too much for little kids, though.  As the campground is usually fully booked, it would be nice to not have to leave my clothes and glasses on a public bench while I shower (I've had my Rx glasses stolen from a campground bathroom before). This is my only reason for the 4 star review. At night, we were able to hear the waves crashing on the beach, but have no ocean views. It was very soothing and I slept like a log! The camp store has wood for purchase, and scavenging dead wood wasn't a very successful for us outside of kindling.
There are plenty of walking and biking trails, a free nature center with a touch tank (tank closed on our visit due to Covid), and historic Fort Miles.
We would definitely stay again.

Secluded park close to DC

Nice spread out camp sites with power hookup.

Perfect Beach Camping

Great place to Camp on the beach. The ones closest on the beach are on top of a dune with clear view of the ocean. The ones further back are lower but out of line of the direct winds. There's basic toilet and showers, a fire ring and picnic table with storage underneath. The wildlife including the ponies will get close to you. Buy stakes made for sand.

Great resort

Everything was great about our experience here. From the staff to the amenities.

A good small park and campground

We stayed one night in a small cabin. It was cosy and warm on a cold night for fall. The cabins are clean and tidy and the campground is well run. It’s small and the sites are quite close together. There is a good trail around the campground, not long because it’s a small park, but the views of and access to the river are lovely.

Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Important for guest

Trails end has gate with campground I.d. or sticker access. There are bath houses, laundromat, country store, restaurant, meeting building with free wifi, pool park, boat ramp, and 2 docks, electric hook up ( contact ANEC) water hook up. Sewer dump stations and no trash or trash pick up. Office staff can be annoying and have personal politics. Maintenance/Utility Department available. Yearly residence in campground and seasonal. NASA and DOD does fly over for training but not often and it's not annoying. Can have gulf carts. Office Maintenance Pool hall store and landurmat are spread thru out the campground. Bath houses all over the campground. Private security does not bother.

Great campground