Fort Fairfield, MAINE

Camping Maine Fort Fairfield
Most Recent Fort Fairfield Camping Reviews
Very nice campground

I enjoyed staying here, the campground was quiet, clean, and the staff and owners were very friendly… I would recommend and will be ack

Basic Camping

Just a basic field that can accommodate tents & big RVs. Big field in the back that my dog loved to run around in. Water & electrical hookups. Next to a big road that you can hear. There is a little bathhouse with toilets & a shower. Also does have a washer/dryer available. We stayed in a camper during September/October so there weren’t many people around.

Basic open campground for RVs and tents

I was in Presque Isle for the annual Crown of Maine balloon festival and for future reference I wanted to check out area campgrounds. If you’re heading into town from the south, you’ll see the campground before you see the sign which is tucked in among the trees. Check in at the back door of the house.

Sites occupy a large field with woods to the right and farmland to the left. Sites are grassy and open and can accommodate both tents and very large RVs. It is by the main road, so you will hear road traffic. If you are in a tent and dependent upon facilities, there is a small bathroom with toilets and shower. They are cramped and dated; there's a small porch on the front and the paint is peeling.

Affordable RV sites near Canadian Border

This is an 8-site city-owned/operated campground best suited for self-contained RVs because the bathrooms are in a different area of the park. Call the Fire Department to make reservations, though on a summer weekend there were still vacancies. Sites are open and grassy with picnic tables and fire pits. There's an additional small parking lot nearby. There are steps down to a picnic area and boat launch on the St John River.

Riverside Park also serves as the eastern terminus of the Northern Forest Canoe Trail, running 740 miles between Fort Kent, ME and Old Forge, NH. On land there are miles of walking and ski trails. Fort Kent is home to an original blockhouse from the 1830s-40s Aroostock war over the border of Maine.

Beautiful park

This was an amazing stay would love to go back

Beautiful family campground

I have stayed here twice and loved it both times. The first time I went as a family the second alone and took in the views of the beautiful trails they had to offer. Everyone is friendly and they offer a clean shower house. Families here hang outside and interact with each other. Would definitely go back

Nice state park

Stopped for a one night visit. Huge site (most are big). Good space between neighbors. Bathroom/showers are free and spotless. I didn’t have time to hike but there are lots of options. Very quiet, although I was one of two camping parties in the place. Close to town. Very relaxing. Take your own wood. $5 gets you a puny ‘bundle’. Mine was wet.

Camping in the County!

We love to camp in State Parks, and the North East has plenty of them to try. For many years, I have looked at a spot on my Maine map called Aroostook State Park, way up north near the great city of Presque Isle. On the spur of the moment, our well travelled group decided to spend the weekend camping in Aroostook County and the great Maine woods!

Nice camp sites

Overall the experience is awesome. Camp grounds are a decent size. Lots of trails hike.