Abbeville, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Abbeville Camping Reviews
Beginner fisherman’s dream

Done a lot of fishing out here since I was a child- great place to take kids, lots of fun!

Decent Spot

It's a decent spot for being nearby to Lafayette. The thing I don't like is the expensive prices for State Parks in Louisiana and the closed gates that don't allow late night entrance. Small man made pond in the back, watched a kid catch a large bass a few years back. The primitive hike in spots are on the back side of the pond so you have to hike in about a mile to rent camp for cheaper than the price of the RV pull up spots. This is a newer state park and it has nice, clean, large facilities with showers and bathrooms. The trail is super short. Overall the park is very small. Fun spot for kayak fishing. Noticed lots of invasive apple snails.

Was nice little campground

Was nice with lots of shade. Right on Bayou Teche. Very quiet and had a small petting zoo. But Campground is now closed.

Tight spaces

This is a typical KOA with the normal KOA amenities and tight spaces. We normally stayed a month at a time and always were put in the section that is farthest away from the office and all of those amenities. The brunette co-owner is “curt, bordering on rude”. The rest of the staff are great to deal with!

The store is adequate as are the showers, the laundry (w/a mini library swap stop) is very nice. This KOA is very clean.

Its Aight

Its an aight spot to escape the city and not far from Lafayette. I like the grills and covered areas on the beach with the picnic tables. I don't like all the thick black oily mulch like substance in the water, its like quicksand and hard to swim in. This is not a tent camping area so I'm not sure why its listed as such, tents arent allowed here. The entrance fee is cheap.

Small but ok

Nothing special about this campground, but a nice get-away if you live close by and just want to enjoy some peace and quiet away from home.  That's what I always used it for.  Warning, though…bring your own water.  Something is wrong with the water there.  It smells and tastes weird.  Don't know if it's the pipes or what, but it's nasty.

Beautiful scenery, great Hospitality

Poche’s have great spots that can be backed in and there are a few pull throughs. The owners are very hospitable. There are facilities for group events. This is where we take our camper when we wish to find peace, quiet, and great fishing.

One of our favorite parks to camp

Very reasonable rates, great fishing, Ken is very friendly and helpful.  The only thing that it lacks is water hookups on each tent site.  The new fishing pier is awesome!  Just make sure you check the weather to see if there are any coastal flooding warnings.  We weren't aware of this on our last trip and got flooded.  We know, now, to make sure to check before going, and absolutely will be back on a regular basis.  LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Large campground

Pets are welcome, showers, restrooms, and laundry room, paved/gravel roads, Propane onsite, Open all year, free Cable TV and WiFi, nice pool with slides, Tennis Court, playground for kids, ponds with fishing.

Nice campground. Clean bathhouse. Nice pool with water slides. Close to Lafayette with shopping and restaurants.

Nice little campground

Nice little little campground. Has stocked catfish ponds but you must pay for what you catch and no catch and release.

Nice easy to find

Nice large shaded sites. Propane available. Close to the atchafalaya basin. Good fishing.

Very secluded, roomy sites with room to roam. Gravel roads good condition. Has a boat landing with fresh water fishing.

Ok for a KOA

Sites very tight could not open my awning all the way. Nice fishing pond. Close to city. To close to I10 interstate. To much vehicle noise.

Sites are a little close together, no shade. There is a nice pool with a lazy river, bring your own tube or float. There is a DJ or band on summer weekends. Golf carts allowed $15 for the weekend.

Nice large sites. Boat landing, water play area. Canoeing, nice hiking trails. Not near a town. Must drive a levee to campground but the road is paved and good condition.

Reasonable rates

Reasonable rates. Water front camping on the bay. Good fishing from the bank or boat. Has playground, boat landing, bathhouse and a new fishing pier. Has water, electric, sewer and WiFi. RV sites are a little narrow but can accommodate any length. Golf carts allowed with no extra charge.

Great State Park

Located south of Abbeville, LA, in a swampy region. They honor National Park Pass with half price sites. Water and electric adequate. No sewer. Washers and dryers available. Splash pad. Pavilions for rent. Educational program by rangers.

Excellent RV park in between New Orleans and Texas state line

Concrete pads, good electricity but water pressure a bit low. I had better pressure using my onboard water and pump. Bar and grill are good and weekend music.

Heart of Cajun country

about 10 miles from my bayou camp I love to go hike and just hang out every time u come you will see something new it’s just amazing

Nice state park

Very nice state park and quit

The site is nice however,

This place is ok, there are hook ups and a great trail, its next to a city park for the kids but then there is the however part. Its in the middle of town, you travel thru a neighbor to get to it, the park is a city park so on the weekend its pretty crowded.

It Ok

If you are looking for a place to park your camper and ride around on golf carts this is the place for. If you are looking for a place to camp and experience the great outdoors, not so much.

Walking distance to Cajun Meats

This is an average KOA, so nothing great. But, it was ok for a 1-night stop on the way to New Orleans. The sites were level, and paved. There was a bright street light next to our site, which made sleeping a challenge. The best thing about it was that we were within walking distance of a great little Cajun meat market. Very good Bodin Sausage and Bodin Balls for breakfast!

Wet

First of all, if your rig is over 10’ tall, don’t come in through Butte LaRose, there’s a bridge you won’t get across! Come in through Henderson. That being said, I wasn’t impressed. We were under the mistaken impression that they honored the Nat’l park pass and gave you 1/2 off the price. We paid a total of $36 which included the $6 online reservation fee even though we did not reserve online. We’ve never been charged this fee in any other park as a “walk in”. The men’s bathroom and shower was closed but they had a portable one set up with one shower which was in the handicapped toilet stall and only one other toilet stall and one urinal. Needless to say, you hand to wait in line even though there were only about 10 other campers there. This is a poorly maintained campground with huge potholes in the road going in and standing water everywhere. If Louisiana is going to charge me a reservation fee for a walk-in, I’ll stay in another state. The sites on the water are $42 and there is no cell service anywhere in the park. Supposedly there is wi-fi in some areas but they couldn’t tell me where that was and I never found it.

Bayou camping- bring/rent a kayak or SUP to maximize the experience

If you know about the Bayou and the beauty it has to offer, this can be a great place from which to explore. The friends who came out here with me were disappointed by the murky, swampy, okay just-plain-brown waters. I, on the other hand, was totally enchanted by the trees and the swamp. If I could do it again, I'd take kayaks in order to access the kayak-only campsites. Other than that, most of their offerings are overly developed for my taste (read RV). There are kayak rentals nearby and during the summer there is a splash pad area for keeping cool. I was here a few years ago, I hear it is still recovering from the floods that hit shortly after our visit. Would be worth checking in to make sure all infrastructure is back up. the bugs are gnarly, no getting around it.

Plesant

Cozy cabins, nice for a weekend getaway.

Crabbin' and Swimmin'

This campground is a Louisiana State Park located on Vermillion Bay In the Gulf of Mexico.

THERE ARE ONLY CABINS TO RENT, NO TENT OR RV CAMPING!

This park was very nice but small. There is a fishing pier / penninsula. There are 3 swimming beach areas (all connected but separate). Only beach 1 was usable today. There are bathrooms with outside showers to wash the salt water and sand off. The park Ranger was around and meeting people. The beach is man made and graded so it was clean. There are picnic tables, grills, covered areas, lots of trash cans throughout the park. There is a separate sailboat launch area and an overflow area for fishing.

The cabins are all grouped into one spot and have a private dock for fishing. They are located across from beach area 3 and the sailboat launch area.

We loved this park. Remember sunscreen, bug spray, camera, and…HAVE FUN, YOUR PLAYING IN THE GULF OF MEXICO.

Beautiful and relaxing!

in Butte LaRose- a hidden gem!

Great Pool!

We were in spot 263, the spots were clean but very close together. Our 26' camper and Ford 150 truck fit in the spot without any extra space. We had a lot of fun, but there are a lot of rules that are strictly enforced. We didn't realize a section of the pool was 21 and over and an armed security guard shined his flashlight in my eyes to get my attention, to tell my son to move 2 feet on the other side of the rope. The pool has a swim up bar with great frozen drink that they will put in your tumbler. More rules, you can't drive your golf cart after 10:30, no one under 21 can drive golf carts, no floatation devices in the pool depending on who's at the gate checking…The public bathroom was nice and clean, we had a lot of fun!