About Paducah / I-24 / Kentucky Lake KOA
KoA
Paducah / I-24 / Kentucky Lake KOA is located in Kentucky
3 Reviews of Paducah / I-24 / Kentucky Lake KOA
Disappointed

We’ve stayed in a cabin twice at this campground. The second time we booked a one room cabin. They had us in their system for a 2 bedroom cabin (which we had the first time we stayed there.) I proved to them I booked a 1 bedroom cabin & it was their mistake to assign us to a higher priced 2 bedroom cabin. Since all the cabins were booked for the night we couldn’t switch to a one bedroom. They would not refund the difference. I called KOA corporate office and the person I talked to was able to see in their computer system what I was talking about. However each campground is an independent business and it was up to each campground to decide how to conduct their business. To me the proper thing to do was to let me have the two bedroom cabin for the one room cabin price. Convenient location.

Not a typical KOA

As KOAs go, this is one of The nicer ones! There is actually grass, not gravel, around the sites. There are trees and flowers and it is quite pleasant. With KOA you expect water, electric and sewer hookups. Clean shower/bathroom facilities and usually a pool. This place has that. Along with a small store, fishing lake, propane filling station. A dog park would be nice for the pups, but the do have a large grass area for walking them on lead. Internet connection is spotty! The spaces are a little close, but not as bad as some, and we were on an end site, so we had more room.

Wildflowers Galore!

Paducah is a cute little city in Kentucky that my family and I love to visit whenever we get the chance. The town is really cool, and has that "old" town vibe. The buildings are beautiful. There are actually a few campgrounds in this town, one of them "I-24." This campground has a country feel, and it more so for people who are traveling and making a pit stop to rest. There are a lot of RV's. There are quite a few beautiful rivers close by, and there are also 2 lakes nearby. We spent a whole day at the lake when we stayed. It was busy, but nice to be on the water. We saw people enjoying fishing, water tubing, water skiing and jet skiing. We also saw people on kayaks, which looked like a blast! There is a golf course nearby too, although we didn't enjoy this close amenity. One thing we did enjoy was hiking some of the trails nearby. We went late spring and the wildflowers were out in full effect. The colors of the flowers were gorgeous, and I couldn't help but take hundreds of pictures of these beautiful flowers. One of the hikes brought us to a point where we could see one of the lakes. It was magical. Also-side note, there is the "National Quilt Store" in the town, and of course we had to stop because my mom requested this. It was incredible how much fabric there was. If you are in to this, I would highly recommend stopping! The campground itself was "okay." It was a little run down, but since we were in our RV we didn't really notice it much. It was also pretty busy when we went, so I'm glad we made reservations ahead of time.