Anchorage, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Anchorage Camping Reviews
Clean campground

It was a great campground but paying to take a shower was a bit much. Especially when you already paid to camp. I would stay here if I had a self contained camper with a bathroom.

So beautiful !

This place was gorgeous! The hiking trails were amazing, the scenery was breathtaking, the sites were nice, and the nature center was so cool. We had a wonderful time and plan on returning many times to hike all the trails.

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak

First time I ever kayaked

Perfect lake to kayak for a beginner bc no wake zone also the cabins are cool and cozy just bring a mattress the restrooms are definitely the cleanest and well taken care of anywhere I’ve ever been

very nice

it was a very nice place to just pull in off the interstate and stay the nice. had a laundromat so you could to your laundry. the owner was very nice person. they have a dog walk also so you can walk your furbaby The sites are full hookups and are just pull right in. will stop there again if we are that way

Love it

Love going camping here it’s a great place for both tent and camper I’ve been camping here for years.

Small near lake

Small sites near the water

Close to town

Great sites close to the lake

Great campground

Campground has clean facilities and good hiking including historic areas

Amazing

Beautiful lake, great sites, friendly camp Hosts. Our electric box on our site blew a fuse and the camp host immediately came over to change it and replaced the plug as well!

Very nice

It was very nice and quiet!! It’s a clean rv site

Quiet, bathrooms lacking.

We had a pretty decent time at Taylorsville Lake. The spots were spacious, and very nice picnic tables. We did a trail which was nice and went down to a boat ramp to see the lake. You can also rent boats there as well. The bathrooms in my opinion needed a major cleaning. They were nice just not very clean. We most likely won’t visit here again but was nice to hit a Kentucky campground. I have found that camping in Kentucky is much cheaper than in Indiana. Definitely worth a checkout.

Great place for a family reunion!

First of all, I have to admit up front, we stayed at this campground during the hottest days on record, for that area. However the park is beautiful and well maintained. Each lot has water and electric. There is a dump station at the exit. The only negative comment about this park is, every lot slopes down towards the lake. If you have levelers, should not be a problem, but be sure to bring extra, because it's a good 3" to 5". We have a small class C and we had to raise the back end (facing the lake) off the ground with our hydraulic levelers. Good think we had leveling blocks to put under the wheels. Also, the decent into this park is steep and the road is narrow. I think there is one section that is close to 8%, however it's short. Verizon phone, Verizon mifi and Dish Satellite, all excellent. Nice thick grassy areas at each site, firepit, picnic table and plenty of room for tent or gazebo. Bathroom/showers very clean.

We were here for a family reunion and used the club house, which was very nice. They also have boat docks, outdoor pavilion, basketball court, beach and swimming area. I would not hesitate to stay here again, but in the cooler months so we could enjoy the trails.

Good for a quick trip

Good for a quick trip out of the city.

Nice campground, not a good lake

Nice campground. Taylorsville lake leaves a lot to be desired…. very small

Best family oriented campground

I absolutely love this campground. There is a great deal of things to do with the kids(water wars and different events for them to participate in) the scenery is great and the owners are fantastic.

Disappointed

We have a tent which attaches to our truck— no hook ups. Everywhere we go we get a tent site. This campground would not let us get a tent site because we “sleep in the bed of our truck.” We reluctantly rented a cabin because we needed a place to stay for the night. We told them our set-up & that we’ve never been denied a tent site, but they still refused. WiFi was fickle. Got on then would get bumped off.

Close to Louisville and Bourbon Tours

The Louisville South KOA is approximately 25 miles south of downtown Louisville in Shepardsville, KY. The location is easy to find off the exit of 65(which also has a Walmart and other stores nearby to resupply).

The campground has both pull through gravel sites, back-in, and tent sites. The sites were close to each other but provided plenty of space for the average sized rig. Many were longer than other KOAs, which enabled the tow vehicle and TT to be parked. Full hook-ups and 30/50 amp services at the sites, some leveling required. The campground store is well stocked and the employees are very friendly.

There is a pool(no hot tub-filled in with stones), play/game area, bounce pillow, and 2 miles of hiking trails around the campground. While the campground was nice, there is a lot of“stuff”(old broken trailers, mowers, etc) laying around the edges and in need of mowing between the sites. These items tend to take away from the overall welcoming feeling of the campground.

This being said, the wifi was strong and it is very convenient to sightseeing around Nashville, especially for the price of$54 per night.

Stillwaters is a private owned campground. There are 3 different camping ar

There are year around sites, along with seasonal. The shower house is functional. No fancy beach ,you access water in 2 different areas by a concrete boat ramp. There are 2 areas up around the front, if you can climb down hills, access to fish from bank. None in rear. The people who run it are super nice. No working playground, no actual swim area. You do have awesome floating from front boat ramp to the rear boat ramp though.  Took us about 2 1/5 to 3 hrs. To do that  fun fun.fun,loved it.

Close to town with a country feel

To find the campground, follow your GPS to Horine Reservation at 12304 Holsclaw Hill Rd. If you follow GPS to Jefferson Memorial Forest, you will end up at the zipline & welcome center. Once on Holsclaw Hill Rd, follow the road & signs to the campground until you reach a gate. A 4 digit code is given to you when you make a reservation. The gate gives a nice sense of privacy & security for the campsite. The camp sites are easy to find and well marked with big signs. I was at Group Site 1This site is huge! Just a guess, but I would say around 1.5 acres. About 2/3 of this site is open, grassy field. The other 1/3 is shaded. The shaded area has 3 large picnic tables, water, fire ring & a private latrine. I purchased firewood in advance & it was delivered to our site before we even arrived. The dumpster is conveniently located near this site. The private latrine is a small, open-air structure near the shaded area of the site. There are 2 composting toilets & the toilet paper was fully stocked. The building is partially open the elements, so it was a little dirty (to be expected) but we used our hose and sprayed the floor clean. The toilets are "squatting" toilets. Which mean they are close to the floor (see pic). There are plenty of wooded areas to explore & hiking trails nearby & several great areas for hammocks. The site looks well maintained & had recently been mowed prior to our arrival. There are enough trees & space to give plenty of privacy between sites. This site is perfect for a large group or family wanting to tent camp together. The picnic tables are the large, sturdy kind. The fire ring was huge with an attached grill. There was another fire ring and 2 more picnic tables in the open grassy area, closer to the road.  Designated parking is near the road, which is a bit of distance for carrying a lot of gear. However, since the ground was completely dry, we dropped our gear at the shady area and then parked our car at the road. Overall, this is a great space with unexpected beauty!

Nostalgic!

I grew up going to Hardy Lake so it will always have a place in my heart. There is plenty to do with a beach, boat ramps, and many hiking trails. They offer activities on the weekends, especially for kids. I am giving this 4 stars because the bathrooms needs a serious deep clean. The sites are spacious with many different types available. I will stay here again, and enjoyed it.

Outstanding Views

Great place to camp if you like being next to water, amazing views, fast boats, and good food. Key West Shrimp House is a landmark restaurant with great food. So convenient when you are joining in on all the fun of the Regatta boat races, bands, and fireworks. Just a nice walk to all the many things to do. Really enjoyed the city of Madison, IN with a small town atmosphere.

Adventures At Clifty Falls

To take a break and unwind from your everyday work life / family drama, walking the trails of Clifty Falls is really a way to clear your head. We saw two groups of people walking the trails. They are absolutely the most friendliest people. If you want to engage in a conversation, you can, or I’m sure people will notice if you wanna just do your thing in nature.

I would recommend going, absolutely! It’s an experience you can’t take back.

Oh and I would tell you about the actually Trail to the Falls, but you’ll just have to see it for yourself. I can’t tell you what’s going to happen at the end of the movie, haha!!

Pretty Cliffty

The trails is this park are long, but lead you through some of the most amazing sites to see. The shorter trails are pretty simple and loop you around to where you began. I would suggest that if you have kids, that they enjoy hiking. The camping was pretty nice. The shaded areas are worth it considering that many of the sites are in the open and get more than plenty of direct sun. The showers and bathrooms in the powered section are ok, nothing pretty to look at. The showers i. The non-powered campsites are amazing! They are well ventilated and have plenty of sinks and shower stalls. It’s a short trip to the front checking office for wood and ice, and a great place for your little bike riders while you sit back and relax. Most everything is a short drive to and from. The pool in the park is pretty nice with a slide and diving boards, but does cost to enter. The power sites are pretty big and are spread out pretty well. Overall it is a place we plan to revisit in the future.

Fam Camp

The ONLY bad thing about this campground is that it is in a bowl -- no cell service, no satellite, no internet. Perfect for a QUIET getaway!!

Tube-a-thon

Every year they have a huge event called tube a thon where everyone tubes the river then camps out. Great people, good area, river is fun. Much less crowded out side of this event.

Disappointed

Campsite was tight, no room to open awning. Overpriced $70 for weeknite, $80 Weekend. They need to weed eat and spray round up. It looked like they were trying to clean up the permanent sites, which was good. Nice trail to walk on to a pond, a cave and the river.

Nice

There was lots to do at this KOA. There was corn hole, ladder ball, pool, walking trails, access to the river, cat fish pond, small dog park, and washers & dryers. You could bring your RV, travel trailer, tent camp, or rent a cabin. I’m sure I’m forgetting something. The spots were close together. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The park was clean and well maintained.

Not the worst place, but close...

First, the good: Lake Shelby was easy to find. The signs were easy to see and tent sites are well marked. The office, RV area and restrooms were easy to find and also well marked. The tent sites were shaded by nice trees and were located right next to the lake. The group tent sites looked nice and had shade and open areas. You can rent a paddle boat or canoe. However, there has to be an adult in the canoe for rental. There are several docks and a boat ramp. You have to pay to launch and there is an honor box for that. The campsite itself, was mostly flat and partially shaded. The fire pit was nice as well. Now, the bad: The lake was brown and had an oily film across the top. It smelled of dead fish and something else that I couldn't identify. I saw people fishing, but I never saw anyone actually catch anything. The tent sites were down a dead end road, however the amount of cars that went past our site made me feel like there was a parade that lasted almost the entire time we were there. The paddle boat lost steering when we were halfway around the lake. The only thing we could do was go in a circle. It took 20 minutes for them to send someone to assist us. There was a trash can next to our site, however, it was nearly full when we arrived and no one ever emptied it. The restrooms are located at the RV parking area, so we had to drive to use them. In my opinion, the restrooms should have been built in between the RV sites and tent sites to make them easier to access by walking. Overall, I didn't hate my time at Lake Shelby, but there was nothing great enough to make me return or recommend it to friends.