Ocean View, DELAWARE
Most Recent Ocean View Camping Reviews
Adventures galore await you here.

Tent sites, snack bar, warm showers and the ocean….what more could a camper want? Make sure to visit the welcome center before going over the small bridge and watch the video that is played.

Back again

Stopped here again July 2019 on our way to OBX. This time it was a weekend day (our last visit was mid week) and there was a marked difference. Though still primarily seasonal there were many people out and about in the pool and kids boating and fishing. The sites around us (nice large shaded pull throughs) were all booked. Events were planned for the weekend and everyone was friendly. There were still an excessive amount of Geese just like last time, but overall a great place to stop on our journey.

warm friendly people quiet and clean

easy to hike bike and all stores beautiful lake and boating

Beautiful waterfront sites

Landing club waterfront sites were beautiful! Staff is very friendly. Campground is kept clean. We enjoyed the dog friendly accommodations. Only complaint is the size of the pool- too small compared to the size of the campground. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and already booked for next year while we were there!

Nice

Spots can tight and lots of trees, sometimes making it difficult to get in and out of. Great pool and splash pad. Kids love the lake. Bathroom cleaned daily. Could use more showers. Nice and quiet at night.

Quite

Had electric but no water or sewage . With that said I knew this going in. Had a nice spot with walking paths,bike trails and kayaking. Wasn’t far from town but you would’ve never known it.

Very Nice

Stayed at this campground many times . Its large but very quiet and well maintained! Nice cabins also

Great place right on the water

Nothing fancy but beautiful setting. Great people to work with.

Sex on the beach

Bugs can be pretty bad but it’s the beach so it can’t be THAT bad

Amazing location

First time camping in a long time. Oceanside requires a good amount of work. You’re carrying your gear in to your site, setting up in howling wind (potentially), no water at site. Cold showers. Pit toilets. But man oh man. The rewards are high. Wild horses every day. Beach was right over the dune. Campsite is set behind one dune so there’s a little wind protection. We had one wild thunderstorm night. Survived with our good tent and screen house (do not come without some kind of screen house). But the next morning the mosquitoes were wild. Everyone had bites from our morning packing up. It was hot (camped at end of July/beginning of August), but water was a good escape. We escaped into the town of Berlin on some of the hotter hours of the day for ice cream to beat the heat (and charge our electronics in the car). Great spot. I’d come back, but maybe later in the year when it’s not so hot!

Nice place

No frills but very nice. Close to everything

Can't even find it!

No idea where this place is, I've looked all over!

Closed

Campground is closed

All part of the bigger campground

Beautiful scenery, love the wild horses. Just be careful opening the door, I've been greeted by a few horses!

All part of the bigger camp

Best sunsets going!

Nothing fancy here but who needs fancy when you have a beach,fishing, live entertainment and the beast sunsets going?

Close to the beach

We were very pleased with the size of our site.  The campground was quiet and the bathhouses were clean.  We happened to be there when it was 100 degrees so we definitely noticed that the bathhouses weren't air conditioned.  We were really happy we didn't have to shower in them since they were so hot.  The pool was warm but it could have been cleaner.  The lake was so warm that it made us wonder what kind of bacteria was growing in it.  Overall we were pleased with our stay and would return again.

Pricy but very nice

The grounds are great beautiful private beach and pool. Did not use the docks. It’s also close to the other ocean beaches. The only downsides are sites are very close together and its a very expensive about double the cost of other near by non-waterfront campgrounds.

We stayed here in April. This was a nice campground. The RV sites were nice. there were no elctric/water/ sewer hookups. Our site was across from a water station. There was a dump station at the campgrond. Bathrooms were clean. The campground is not far from the popular shore towns. Diners in Woodbine are close as well.  Cell service with Spint/ Verizon was good. Our camp site on the outer loop was large. Some sites in other areas were smaller.

Too many “Improvements”

I just stayed at this campground for the third year in a row. The area is beautiful, and it is a convenient drive from my house. My first stay was wonderful. Great campsites, friendly staff, good facilities. Last year, the price doubled, supposedly to make improvements. Our “full hookup “ site didn’t include CATV, and a minor rainstorm caused the sewage system to overflow, soaking all of my gear in waste water. When I spoke to the staff, the only comment was “We’re working on that” Well, this year there was another price increase. The improvements were building a giant, expensive water park. The sites are now smaller, the roads are rutted and hard to tow through. Although the sites do now have CATV, our site only had a male connector, and three calls to the office proved ineffective. I found a Dish Network tech working in another part of the park and told him. He immediately came to our site and it took him 30 seconds to fix the problem. They do seem to have fixed the sewage problem. It’s a shame what has happened here. A great campground has fallen to greed. The staff, if you can find them, is indifferent. The prices are up in the hotel range, the water park looks nice if that is what you are looking for (I wasn’t). This will probably be my last stay here.

Great parking lot ;-P

Place is great for RVs (no tents)

Awesome for fishing & beech activities

Wonderful

Wonderful all year long

So worth it

This is such an amazing place to take a family for vacation. Club Castaways is the place to be here, though. The campground is a bit crowded and lively outside Club Castaways but it is still an amazing place for how close you are to the water. Bayfront campground, can see Ocean City lit up at night. Such a beautiful place to stay.

Not a campground

Not a campground but an office. Very nice and helpful people!

I love this place

I love this place. It’s hard to get a spot here tho you have to book early! Water was cold the bathrooms wasn’t very clean! I stayed ocean side walk in. We park and drag all your items in for tent camping. FYI you can have a fire right on the beach!

The Perfect campground

Title says it all! Great location, the friendliest and most helpful staff, beautiful surroundings, lots to do, kid and pet friendly

Love castaways

A beautiful and very well maintained campground. Friendly people, good sized sites, plenty to do. Kid friendly!

Not a campground

Not a campground, but right next to one!

Nice place.

Nice place. WiFi spotty. Bathrooms clean.

Close to everything!

Convenient location right on the bay! No shade though and right next to the highway so pretty noisey