The best BOAT IN camping near
Crestone , COLORADO

Most Recent Crestone Camping Reviews
👍🏻

Awesome campground next to the river. Nice and quiet. The road coming in is pretty rough with washboards but I will happily come back again.

Nice spot but noisy

Really beautiful and well maintained spots. The road is right behind you so it’s good for one night. Went swimming in the river and it was glorious :)

Beautiful location but...

We tent camped here in late September. Beautiful location with well-kept sites and bathrooms. However sites are close to the road and we could hear the traffic all night. Probably best suited for RVs and quick spot to camp.

Clean and quiet

Thankfully we were able to get a site here on short notice over Fourth of July weekend. The campground is situated below the road keeping road noise low. The entrance is at a busy location on the highway and steep so take care while entering. We had a nice site within eyeshot of the river.  There's trees across the property and sites are spaced nicely.  As expected there were many families camping for the holiday weekend and it could have been a party filled night but things quieted down at sunset. There is an open area above the CG that turned out to be a great place to watch Salida’s fireworks. The campground manager was very friendly and good host. We enjoyed our stay.

Not our favorite and over priced

Reservation only sites.  Current price per night, $28 plus an additional $9 a day once you get there.  You are literally camping along the highway here so it is loud.  There is no shade, or water available and no trash service so you have to pack it all out.  It doesn't appear to get much maintenance anymore.  The positive - You can walk under the highway to the river and the Canyon is pretty.

We love this spot it is one of our favorites

Nice little campground but...

We spent 2 nights in site 13 which is a great site that backs up to the forest. The downfall of this site is it is next to the vault toilet and it was very smelly. The camp host was non existent throughout the weekend. Never saw them once service the restroom and they did not give us our lake pass to provide us with access during the day. Being the weekend it was busy and they were not enforcing campsite occupancy so there were several sites with 4-5 cars and lots of extra people which led to a lot of noise. Overall I would definitely go again but only during the week and I would not stay near a bathroom again.

Big RV’s beware

The reviews for this campground are accurate. This is a very nice place to stay for dry camping. The water and scenery is beautiful. The bighorn sheep are fun to watch along with hiking and biking. It’s fun just watching the rafters having fun. Many of the spots are on the water with great views. I do want to warn you though. I have a 40’ fifth wheel and it did fit in site 11. Problem is, the area on this end of the campground loop is very tight. I would not take a trailer of any sort over 30’ into these sites. I was lucky that site 12 was not occupied when I needed to leave and I utilized that site as the road.

The Dyrt app says that water and showers are available amenities, but this is false.

This is a dry camp and should be corrected. Granted, you can get both water and shower in the river, it doesn’t not qualify as a conventional shower or potable water.

Beautiful great fishing

We camped at our property a few miles from here but came here to fish and it was amazing great trout fishing and beautiful views.