No Drinking Water
Salida North BLM is located in Colorado
1 Review of Salida North BLM
Ranger Review: Outdoor Element Firebiner at Salida North BLM

Campground Review:

We are loving all of the free camping on BLM land in Colorado.  Salida North was no exception!  We easily found a place to park and had plenty of cell service (and Verizon hotspot signal) to work while we were there.  There are pretty mountain views from the sites as well.  We felt really safe here – a ranger even drove through every day checking on things.  We easily found a spot for our 30’ RV and there were really awesome tent sites there as well.  This was a perfect free spot for us to set up for a few nights while enjoying the super cute town of Salida (be sure to check out Elevation Brewery)!

Product Review:

As a Dyrt Ranger, I get to test products from time to time.  I was fortunate to be able to test the Outdoor Element Firebiner.  I am so happy to have this product!  It is super lightweight (only 1 ounce) so carrying it on every hike is a no brainer.  It has all kinds of useful tools – a bottle opener, a safety blade and a screwdriver to name a few.  However, my favorite feature is the fire starter.  I currently carry a flint and steel in my pack, but I definitely struggle to get a spark with that.  I have no trouble getting the Firebiner to spark!  I feel way more confident having the Firebiner with me than I ever did the flint and steel.  It also has 100 pound capacity as a carbineer too.  This product’s price point is great, and the functionality is even better.  I have my Firebiner clipped to my pack and I couldn’t be happier about it!