Castle Pines North, COLORADO

Camping Colorado Castle Pines North

Most Recent Castle Pines North Camping Reviews
Stayed for 3 weeks during the spring.

Coronavirus suggested staying inside so the area was closed down. We are retired so we don't have kids but our two small dogs loved to take me on long walks several times a day. Winter made a late visit but it added to the beauty. We hope to come back after the virus and in the summer when the area is open.

Great simple get away hike but camping is permit only

This area is owned by Clear Creek Open Space and they are currently in negotiations to gain more of the surrounding area. It is great for a hiking and picnic destination. We wanted to stay overnight so I reached out and got a permit for an overnight stay.

From the parking area you will need to head down a beautiful little columbine lined trail to the water. There are ample spaces to pitch a tent or have a picnic.

While we were there it was almost like we were far away from the city even though we were just in the foothills. I didn't hear one car or person other than our group.

There aren't bathrooms, trash, or water so you will need to be prepared for that.

Super busy but great for dogs

This is a location that you only camp if you literally don't have any worries about being around people. It is ALWAYS packed due to the tons of hiking trails, huge dog park, and water access.

I taught kayaking to little ones here and it was always a fight to get into the park, get to the water, and not get run over by boats and unexperienced (or entitled) people.

The campground is well maintained but it sit really worth being able to be basically in a metropolitan city? For me I'll go somewhere more nature friendly and less crowded.

BUT it is excellent for dogs. We love taking out dogs here because they can play in water, run their hearts out, and hang out with other dogs. It is pricey to get into the park though. $80 for a year pass to the state parks and another $25 for the dog park fees.

Excellent for Group Camping

We stayed here as an after party for a wedding so it was the perfect spot for us to have a large group of people and multiple tent spots. There are tent pads and groomed areas for camping. The group sites are large and there are bathrooms provided in the group camp area. They are pit toilets but they were really well taken care of and the location was gorgeous.

We didn't see another group there and we were there on a popular weekend (labor day). We were only 15 mins at most from Blackhawk so it was fun to go into town for an eventing to hang out at the casinos and get dinner.

This is a permanent residence park

This is a park for people who live in trailers and RV's that want to stay stationary for a while. You are not allowed to stay if you are staying for less than 5 days. It is for longer stays and is in the middle of Englewood which is busy and crowded. There isn't a nature feel at all in the area. You are right off a main road.

This is a permanent residence location

This is a mobile home park, which means that it is a stationary trailer park and some RV's have taken up permanent residence here and it isn't a location where you can pull into to camp for the night.

A small price for freedom

If you enjoy panoramic views of the Rockies, drive in dispersed camping and putting your off-roading skills to the test, this dispersed campsite is a must visit! My 9 yr old son and I happened upon this mountain top paradise somewhat by accident. We were looking for a less challenging day hike with low traffic and decided to try the Mt. Herman trailhead. My ever burning desire for a view and solitude lead us up Mt. Herman rd to the location I marked on the map for this listing. Access was challenging, even with our 4x4 Jeep seeing as there was pretty deep snowfall accumulation, steep grades, and hairpin switchbacks heading up. However in warmer seasons this would be easy access for most stock 4x4 vehicles. No lift necessary, just a desire for the boundless views afforded at the summit. There are multiple pull offs, relatively low traffic aside from the occasional off-roading convoy passing through spreading merriment and good cheer. There are some really cool fire ring setups and plenty of epic views to make your own. If Colorado’s what you want, here’s a great place to experience the back country without having to drive for hours to access it. We had a blast! Please ALWAYS remember, be Kind & rewind!! Wait… wrong slogan😅 LEAVE NO TRACE & PACK IT OUT! Thanks & have fun! Photos are in my phone, I’ll update with photos… sure to amaze! 😉✌🏾

Top of the world Ma!!

My 9 yr old son and I have been “jeeping” around Colorado for about 8 months now. We make it a point to wake up to a different view every day. We discovered Rampart range rd through the grapevine and decided to give it a shot. Man oh man was it worth it! Surprisingly, given the current covid-19 hysteria and the locations close proximity to the springs, we expected it to be awash with modern day “prospectors” looking for a place to roll out their “social distancing” plan. There were none! We had a peaceful quiet night and crisp sunny morning sans disturbance. The road to the sites is pretty washboarded out but affords access your the sites for both 4x4’s and grocery getters alike, RV campers may not be able to find a level, accessible site at this time of year (Mid-March) as the main roads are maintained but the pull offs don’t appear to be. We definitely recommend it for soloists, couples, tent campers, Jeep/van campers or even hammock campers as there are plenty of trees to hang from.

Winter Wonderland

Visited the Reverend Ridge campground the weekend of March 6 for some early camping. The setting was a bit snowy but spectacular. The trailer pad was icy but cleared, and after some shoveling we were able to find the fire pit! If it is this great in the spring, imagine how great it is in the summer!

Day trip for sledding

As a family from Texas, we don’t get a lot of snow in our neck of the woods, so this was a real treat. We hit up the Peak View day use trail head and had an absolute blast. The snow was perfect, the hill was fast and the views were amazing!!! Kinda wish we had made the trip to camp up here instead of just a day trip!! There’s also less oxygen at 9000’ than there is in Denton, Texas. Haha