The best DRIVE IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Toners Place Camping Reviews
Accident turned into success

Me and my buddy Kevin were just taking a night to go explore and planned to stay in the ocean cove campground only to find it was closed for the season. So we drove down the road and found the anchor bay campground. I myself had a tent and my buddy Kevin sleeps in his truck. Beautiful scenery around the campground as it lays right in the edge of the ocean, instant walk to the beach. The sites themselves are relatively small but all have water spouts, lunch tables, and fire pits. Good level gravel campsites and a very friendly staff as well!Some have electrical and some other things but I’m just referring to our site. Very fairly priced. Gets windy during the day and very damp at night so plan accordingly. There is a store within 5 minute walking distance to the campground. HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A COOL NEW PLACE TO STAY A NIGHT OR TWO!

Quick stop of fresh air!

Driving down the coast is always breathtaking, however if you ever find yourself driving down and finding those heavy coastal turns too nauseating, THEN YOU HAVE TO STOP HERE!

This beach has a picnic area, a bathroom, a small stream leading to the ocean and a nice wading area for the kids to get their feet wet before heading back on the road! I love this spot but be careful, this is a dangerous beach due to the sleeper waves!!

Green and Lush... at least in February.

This was a great campground to come on a winter weekend. Only 90 minutes from home to site. We stayed on site 3. It’s close to the entrance but the driveway only had a slight grade. Mostly folks with trailers. The sites are not too close together but it is easy to see into the surrounding neighbors. The bathrooms were clean but older… 2 of the stalls were incredibly narrow. There were showers but I didn’t look at them. The campground is next to a very popular lake. Lots of trails. A great place to bring a bike too.

It is close to town. We picked up a pizza at Urban Pizza on our way. Excellent Pi! There were tons of restaurants though if you need to pick something up.

Nice Clean KOA

Nice, clean, well kept KOA. Bathrooms and clubhouse are a little dated. Clubhouse is closed (covid) as well as hot tub. I think the pool is open but it's been too chilly to go see. The small minor complaint is there are no off leash dog areas. There's plenty of space to walk the dogs and some doo doo bag stations. It's been pretty quiet but I'm sure it picks up during the summer.

Unexpected and AMAZING

Reluctant to post about this campground because it’s a gem and I don’t want others to take over haha. We found this campsite tucked away near Gualala during the lockdown in January. Almost every campground was closed after CA hospitalizations peaked, so this private campground saved our trip! I was skeptical when we first arrived because it was foggy and looked cramped. We found out from the very friendly and helpful staff that the campground is privately owned by a group of people who enjoyed the area as children and wanted to make sure others can enjoy the land as a campground. The owners wanting others to enjoy their time definitely shows. Very clean restrooms and showers, clean spaces, helpful staff and the best part FREE WIFI!

The campground is down a small hill and about 10 feet from the ocean on a bad day. We fell asleep to the sounds of waves and could fit in yoga sessions when the tide went out. Spots are close together, but it wasn’t an inconvenience considering the proximity to pure jaw dropping coastline. Careful if you have Verizon and need a cell signal. But if you can use WiFi to access your communication apps, then you will be just fine.

Beautiful camp!

We’ve been there a few times now and we love it. We are looking forward to go back soon. The campsite is clean, love walking to the ocean. We drove our van down to edge to watch the sunset. Beautiful.

Nice

We visited last year during the virus so restrooms and some other amenities we cannot rate.  Do not go in early least you pay a $10 fee.  They do maintain the grounds so an early arrival is not good.  The dog runs were good.

Breathtaking sunrises and sunsets

Cozy campsites, family vibes. Nice brisk walk to the beach. This is the kind of beach for you if you like long walks and poetry. Doggies love it too.

Literally best campground I've stayed at.

My brother and I hit up this spot during our road trip down the coast. Absolutely beautiful, nice staff, great facilities, and super affordable. I will totally go back.

Great Location to Explore Bodega Bay

We absolutely enjoyed staying at this RV park. As several reviewer’s; mentioned it’s a great location to explore the area of Bodega Bay surroundings. I would highly recommend hiking the Jenner Headlands Trail, Pomo Canyon Trail and for a less strenuous hike, the Kortum Trail from Shell Beach. In addition to the other comments, we found the bird population to be extraordinaire. Due to C19 the campground is currently closed, once it opens you, are required to reserve a space online. We will definitely stay here again.