Lake Sonoma , CALIFORNIA

Camping California Lake Sonoma

Most Recent Lake Sonoma Camping Reviews
Amazing amenities but a little pricey

KOA is awesome for campers who aren't ready to be completely off the grid, which most people in my group were. Their bathrooms are clean. Hot shower (!!) and hot tub (but you have to sign-up early or the spots run out quick, each party has 30 mins slot due to Covid restriction).

I took off a star because of the price. We ended up paying $66/night for 1 regular tent site (no electricity or water hook-up). Even though the site supposed to accommodate up to 6 people, there was a $5 extra charge per person after the first 2 guests.

It's ridiculous because they assumed we all will be using every amenities every day for that extra charge (which we didn't since we arrived very late on the first night and were out for most of the following day). I'd rather be charged individually for each shower use or kitchen use, etc.

Small campground with beach acesss

I’ve been coming to this campground as a kid for many years and still enjoy this place. A small campground with beach access, hot coin operated showers and clean restrooms. A quick trail takes you to the small town drag of a grocery store, coffee shop, laundry mat and two restaurants.

Convenient store and beautiful view

I have been here in august. Its at night a bit chilly but the view is beautiful. I loved that there is a little store you can go across and get if you forgot something to bring. It also has great hiking spots to go and watch the sun go down and if you’re into fishing a ramp.

Great central location

I really enjoy this campground. You can gather your own wood, there is a store and restaurant within walking distance, and you can drive to all the Sequoia locations and Kings Canyon locations from here. There are also some nice trails that start at this camp.

Perfect weekend

This place was perfect for our first trip in our new rv! Good level spots, water and electricity worked great. It’s close to some very nice restaurants. Easy drives to amazing beaches. Fresh oysters about 30 min away. So much more we could have done. Definitely planning another trip to Elmo!

Perched on the edge of Stony Creek

If you drive past all the OHV-filled camps, you’ll eventually get to this little gem. No water or trash (though you have both at the sites back down the road), but the location is so perfect - you can hear the creek rushing, and the big groups are too far away to be bothersome. There’s limited shade & it’s HOT so plan accordingly.

Secluded, very basic, lovely

A long way down a dirt road to arrive. Fire pits + bbq grill + picnic table on each of the six or so sites, and a vault toilet at either end of the camp. I went in a Friday night in April and there was only one other couple there.

Lovely camping in the redwoods

Since dogs aren’t allowed in the trails, the fire road is a great akternative

Cute campground

In the Sonoma/Napa valley region. My maps app was saying they couldn’t give me a route as a road was closed but we were able to get there with little issue. No one was in the office but they left out our parking permit and campground info at the office. Stayed only one night and between using the site assigned port a potty and water spigot didn’t need to use the restrooms on site. The area was beautiful and I highly recommend site 50.

Beautiful camping area

We went to this campground to hike the San Juan trail and ended up staying the night as well. Such as beautiful campsite. It was a quiet night with not such noise from people. Tons of birds in the area to listen to.