Camping in Big Pine

Recent Dispersed Reviews Near Big Pine

52 Reviews of 19 Big Pine Campgrounds

J
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2021

Great views and very spaced apart!

Very clean. Access to trails. Wonderful views. Sites are

spaced apart to where it feels like you’re the only one in the area.

• Play button icon
Month of VisitJanuary
Jared C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2021

Great campground. Clean and crisp.

Site WiFi is legit as is T-Mobile and AT&T service.  Staff is great and accommodating. Propane available onsite at 3.50/gallon.  The Mexican restaurant across the street (1 minute walk) and the Mahogany dried meats + sandwich shop (3 minute walk) had some of the best food. Really loved it. …

Month of VisitDecember
Dana W.
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2021

Great spot for hikes

I checked this place out on my way back from Mammoth. Cool, remote location, over 9000ft. Small campground so if I went in the summer I'm sure it would be quite busy (I went in october). Sites are pretty close together. Nice location to multiple hiking trails. If cell signal is an issue this…

Sook C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2021

it's high elevation campground

During my stay, it's snowing at night with heavy wind, restroom far from my site.

J
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2021

Great spot, easy to find

We wanted something near Bishop. Hardly anyone around, but other vans helped us know we were in the right place. A bit windy and cold though!

Steve L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2021

Beautiful spot not too difficult

Beautiful spot overlooking Bishop Valley framed by the Sierras and white mountains. NO FIRES

• benchmark area on map
Sitepullout
p
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2021

Nice spot

This campground is in a great location near Lake Sabrina and the surrounding trails. There is a creek that runs behind the camp and the fall leaves were beautiful. Some of the sites are right along the road underneath some telephone lines but the majority are beautiful and quite private.…

Steve C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

High in the Sky

This campground sits above 9000 ft and you can drive there, park your car next to your site. It is a great basecamp for day hikes up into to higher altitude. There are multiple lakes a short hike away and waterfalls on 3 sides, its a beautiful place with peaks souring towards 14,000 ft.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Gem in the desert

Was stoked to find this gem a short drive from Bishop. I drove in at night and the Milky Way was shining bright. Got some decent star shots. It’s a great way point if you’re traveling through and need a quiet and free place to crash. I haven’t even seen this place in the day yet but I’ll be back…

SiteAre they even labeled? Haha
Leanne O.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Great spot

This place was easy to find, the road was well maintained, and our spot was very clean. There was a fire ring available, but no other amenities. I had Verizon cell service, which was a nice perk.

E
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

BEAUTIFUL

Great Experience! I have been coming here every year, so far. This time around I was fortunate enough to see a Buck, multiple Doe, and a Bear. They get extremely close, and roam around your campsite so keep food and scented items in your Bear Box and you won’t have trouble. Keep your distance and…

• Mountain Views
  • Quick Walk to Lake Sabrina featuring Lokai
  • Lake Sabrina
IronActual The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Easy to find, with a decent standoff between the campsites. In early August the wind was pretty brutal, so make sure you have a stout tent. The vault restrooms were cleaned pretty regularly.

T
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Campground and bathrooms were well maintained and managed.

D
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Beautiful, quiet, restful.

Beautiful and lush. Right on Bishop Creek with excellent fishing. A bit buggy ( mosquitoes) especially in the meadow.

Christian N.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Beautiful site

The tent camping sites were pretty small. Beautiful, but our site was pretty far away from the bathroom, water, and creek.