Lincoln, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Lincoln Camping Reviews
Absolutely love this place!

Absolutely love this place! Enjoyed hiking and just relaxing around the campground!

Family Friendly Campsite

Beautiful place but not a very convenient layout for trailers… the trails are hardcore!

Great weekend chill spot.

Popular spot, but spaced out nicely between camps. Easily accessible. Showers, play area and boat launch available and kept up with nicely. Be sure to call ahead of time to reserve a good spot. First come first serve spots are available as well.

First trip

We just bought our camper and this was the first place we came. The staff have been helpful and the site was super clean and easy to use. We had full hookups at the Choctaw site. We came in March so we couldn’t do any water activities but we went on several beautiful hikes. There were basketball and tennis courts and lots of play grounds. The park itself is beautiful and we could not have picked a better place for our first trip.

$8 a night w/ America the beautiful

Came in Jan and had the place to ourselves. Good price on a spacious setup. Only 50amp, no water. Kids wandered the shoreline and played. Beats the hell out of staying in an RV park. Would be especially cool if I had a boat. Kids Fished from the shore, didn’t catch anything it had fun.

No Trash cans means more responsibility

….and some people just can't handle it. I want to like this place, but most people seem to be abusing this public area. Found a mound of trash near the exit that I assumed was from a local that made an effort to de-trash since the rest of the area pretty clean. If it weren't for that it would have done better. Plenty of space for tents everywhere, just little to no amenities. The lake was very calm, but difficult to access right in front of camp, I would suggest walking to the boat ramp for that. Nice and close to the Blue Whale of Catoosa and old route 66 which is partly how we ended up here.  I would stay here for more than one night if the need arose.

a time-lapse of us packing up…just because.

Beautiful clean campground

The campground was very beautiful, clean, and for all types of campers. It had nice bathrooms, clean and warm. The area was well taken care of. It was a little pricey, but that's what you're getting at a resort. Overall worth checking out if you're in the area.

Beautiful park with lots to do

Lake Ft. Smith State Park is a beautiful park in the Boston Mountains. We drove over from Memphis to meet my brother’s family (who lives in Tulsa). We stayed in campsite 9 which was a pull through site and had stunning views of the lake. My brother stayed in site 8. Sites 1-20 have full hook-ups with sewer. The bathhouse was clean and fully functioning.

Pros: Many activities at the Visitor Center for children. Ozark Highland Trail is directly behind the campsites on the lake side. Recreational area with a playground that is updated. Sites have gravel which limits how much dirt/mud you have to deal with.

Cons: Many of the campsites are on a grade. They all have multiple levels with stairs and have no railings. We had 5 children <6 years of age and the sites were somewhat perilous. If you are a parent with small kids, sites 17-20 and sites 2-3 are better. The other sites are excellent, but not necessarily best for small kids. Last, the playground requires that you drive to it which is inconvenient.

Overall: Great family park with updated amenities. We’d like to give it a try in the spring/summer when the pool and splash pad are open! If you’ve got small kids, Petit Jean State Park would be my suggestion in this area of Arkansas.

Great camping.

It’s really fun with a lot of hiking trails and caves not a lot of overlanding trails that I’ve found yet.

Beautiful Getaway

Camp spots are nicely spaced out. Water available. No electric. Had cell service for the most part. Bathrooms well kept. Pretty secluded area. Note: there are snakes and ticks. A lot of ticks. Take a flashlight with you in the dark and be cautious. I encountered a copperhead on my night time bathroom run. Mulberry is one of my favorite rivers I have kayaked and this campsite offers a great take out spot. Decently priced and easy to get to.