Camping in Young

99 Reviews of 13 Young Campgrounds

H
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2022

dusty

Dusty and rude hosts keep complaining abt small things daily. We ll not be returning!

H
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2022

lake camp

Hosts are nice. Amazing place to be! We saw few times elk and deer. Parking can be full jn Summer. Lake is near by. Road is rocky and raw. I has to replace one tires. Beautiful I ll be back!

Haley S.
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

new favorite spot

Absolutely loved this campground! I went on a weekday so I got a great spot right near the rim. My little 2wd car made it in just fine. Can't wait to visit again as soon as I get the chance. :)

Month of VisitDecember
Melissa S.
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2021

Great canpgroup

This was our first time camping here and we will most definitely be back. You can reserve all odd numbered campsites online. Even numbers are first come first serve. There is a boat ramp located at the front of the campground. Not ideal lake access for fishing or swimming because of steep hills…

Month of VisitDecember
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2021

Worth the trip

I got lucky and arrived on a Saturday morning to find site two open. it has great hiking good cell phone reception I was able to stream a football game. the trailhead has restrooms.

Month of VisitNovember
David M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2021

Fabulous views

Spent a couple days on the rim side. Cabled my dog to stop her from following squirrels into the abyss. Trailer was about 40 feet from the edge with unparalleled views. I'd stay away from the rim edge on windy days. No worries during our stay.

• sunset from the site
Month of VisitNovember
Cristina C.
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2021

Nice woodsy retreat

Very nice campsites with a short walk to woods canyon lake. Access to restrooms but not too close to neighboring campsites.

• spacious campsite
Jessica P.
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2021

Free and Easy!

I have camped here twice. Both times found a great spot with a fire pit. Proximity to the Rim Visitor's Center for some ranger advice and a toliet! Also just right across the street from the Rim Lakes. Love to spend the night here and then get an early start to Horton's or other nearby hikes.

Rachel N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Close to wood canyon lake

There were many numbered we’ll maintained site however having AT&T I had no service and as a solo camper I didn’t want to chance if something happened so I left. Went mid week and there were plenty of site would go back again if I had a group to keep my company

• this lake is probably 20 mins from the site
    Play button icon
Michael B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Woodsy and Clean

Beautiful campground with great weather! These are drive up campsites with great hosts. There was a nicely cleaned out fire ring and a good size flat ground area for our 4p tent. The campsites were a little close at times and was noisey after quiet hours but not after midnight which was good. At…

• SpillWay
Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Great for a quick & easy camp out

Swung through here on my way to Phoenix after driving 13hrs. Middle of the week so was easy to find an open spot and honestly I want too picky. There were still a good amount of people camping so I can only imagine weekends or prime times this place is hectic

Good flat spots all around with fire…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

The views and big sites!!

I've car camped a few other places since my first time camping here last year. Nothing compares. Sites on the cliff side are hard to get but I came up here on June 1 and many sites were open. I guess everyone who came up for Memorial Day weekend had already left. I was lucky enough to get site 35.…

Melissa C.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Great views

This campground is free to stay in max of 14days, it’s so quiet and the views are spectacular, not far from the lake if you have a car but too far to walk.

• our little camp friend
Roman R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Very clean.

Knoll lake campground is very clean and well kept. Designated areas for tents that were raked up. The bathrooms were cleaner than most restaurants.

SiteKnoll lake campground
David M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Beautiful campground

Great setting on the lake. Hardworking helpful host team keeps the grounds and toilets immaculate. Lake is lovely. Early morning access before day use crowds come is great for quiet early morning kayak or SUP use.