Camping in Young

241 Reviews of 48 Young Campgrounds

H
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2022

dusty

Dusty and rude hosts keep complaining abt small things daily. We ll not be returning!

H
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2022

lake camp

Hosts are nice. Amazing place to be! We saw few times elk and deer. Parking can be full jn Summer. Lake is near by. Road is rocky and raw. I has to replace one tires. Beautiful I ll be back!

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2022

Houston Mesa

Great campground. Next to Payson. Opens up lots of opportunities. Biking & hiking. Excellent and well maintained camp sites. Each site is surrounded by trees. Private.

• ready to fire up.
Month of VisitFebruary
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2022

Friendly service

Both the staff and other campers were very helpful

Month of VisitFebruary
Haley S.
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

new favorite spot

Absolutely loved this campground! I went on a weekday so I got a great spot right near the rim. My little 2wd car made it in just fine. Can't wait to visit again as soon as I get the chance. :)

Ithinkimasofa
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2021

Great little spot

Quiet little spot off the main road. Different options right near hear, but overall secluded. Forest road 410 has a few sites. Deer, elk, rabbits, birds, plenty of fun little spiders everywhere. Creek had some areas of running water in mid/late November. Coyote howling at dusk. Great…

Sitethe one with the well and pipe
jaczxbox The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2021

Pretty good

Nice but kinda loud

SiteUnkown
l
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2021

Great camping!

Well-spaced sites, clean flush toilets and sinks. Pretty with trees. Close to road. We could hear traffic, but it didn't impede our good time.

SiteMou 15
J
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2021

Stargazing

Great place to see the stars !!! Spent 3 nights with my 2 dogs and it was great!

SiteCholla
Melissa S.
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2021

Great canpgroup

This was our first time camping here and we will most definitely be back. You can reserve all odd numbered campsites online. Even numbers are first come first serve. There is a boat ramp located at the front of the campground. Not ideal lake access for fishing or swimming because of steep hills…

Gil P.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2021

Nice campground. Well maintained. Wide paved streets.

Campground sites are well spaced with lots of privacy. The dump and showers were out of service due to mechanical problems. The only downside is trying to find enough level sites when they are busy. The campground is also very close to Payson so you will hear Street noise if you listen.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2021

Worth the trip

I got lucky and arrived on a Saturday morning to find site two open. it has great hiking good cell phone reception I was able to stream a football game. the trailhead has restrooms.

alex M.
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2021

Nice and quite

It was a very nice weekend get away. The woods were awesome and very little noise besides cars driving along the road. Thr road was a very easy drive. Only downside is the campsite was very close to the road.

David M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2021

Fabulous views

Spent a couple days on the rim side. Cabled my dog to stop her from following squirrels into the abyss. Trailer was about 40 feet from the edge with unparalleled views. I'd stay away from the rim edge on windy days. No worries during our stay.

• sunset from the site
Leslie A.
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2021

Very nice but a little close

The camp spots are close enough to see all your neighbors but far enough that you couldn't hear all their conversations. It was a well maintained camp ground and the hosts were very nice. Its also very close to Woods Canyon Lake which is nice.

I backpacked there starting from the 260 trail head.…

• Woods Canyon Lake