Camping in Paulden

55 Reviews of 16 Paulden Campgrounds

jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2021

Nice and wild

Nice forested area in Prescott Forest. Few level sites for my rig and lots of nails on the ground from pallet wood.

Month of VisitJanuary
Ted B.
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2021

Great Horse Camp

This is a very beautiful campground for horse people only. Most sites are pull through to accommodate large trailers. The trails are very pretty. Parts are hilly, but well shaded. There are high lines and a corral at each site. As well as a firepit and picnic bench. Depending on site water can be…

N
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

I’ve stayed here twice now and it’s absolutely gorgeous here. Dispersed camping. No trash dumpster. pack in packet out keep it beautiful

Month of VisitOctober
Sara T.
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Great Family Campground

Facilities were clean and the amenities were well taken care of.

Tyler D.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Awesome!

This place is so pretty! So easy to get to so that was really nice! Loved the views! We were at campsite 4 and it was right by a river and this really cool cave thing! Only down side was there was so many little bugs flying around so they got really annoying at night.

Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Quiet and perfect spot for a weekend getaway

Such a nice quiet campground which I love to camp at if I have to pay for one which isn’t too often.

About 20 spots give or take with most being big enough for your bigger rigs.

Clean Toilets, water, etc and all the amenities you expect from a FS CG.

Spots have the usual table and fire ring…

Nik W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Spacious

I am new to camping however after my recently experiencing my first time, I’m addicted! I have not been to many spots but I really like this one! We got one of the first spots however didn’t even see anyone else after parking until we walked a bit to explore. Fire pit at our location and another…

Peter H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice and quiet

Small campground only 20 sites maybe. Quiet with nearby hiking and biking even a little lake.

Sitesite 10
Melissa S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Beautiful in Pines

Great campground. Driving distance or short walk to lake. No Verizon cell service.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Good free camping

Nice place to pull off the highway and sleep while being sort of close to some cool stuff. People were pretty on top of each other in the first part of the campsites, could tell some had been there for awhile. If you keep driving past all the spots you’ll reach a dirt road. If you turn left and…

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Sunrise

Stunning sunrise. It gets chilly quick up there.

Month of VisitNovember
Spencer R.
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Spacious

We rolled in after dark. There are plenty of spaces. There are also plenty of people. This is a big area! The stars were out and shining. The only problem was the highway. The sounds of many semis and various vehicles might lull others to sleep but not me. Bring ear plugs and you will be fine!

Stephen G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Lots of options and great views

If you like a crowd, go north from the freeway. If you want secluded dispersed sites, go south. We went just a mile south and found a great spot just off the road, which is well maintained. Incredible views. We did see a scorpion.

Stoney P.
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2021

Quiet, Spacey and FREE

My road dog and I have been traveling the country for a few weeks now and this is probably the best campground that we’ve found so far. It’s spacious, there’s not a lot of people and it’s just far enough from the hwy that we can’t hear any traffic. The night sky is lit with millions of stars. It’s…

Russell C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2021

Breath taking views!

Easy in and out campsites. Gorgeous views! Close to Prescott.