Fires Unknown
About Mowich Lake
Mowich Lake is located in Washington
2 Reviews of Mowich Lake
backpackers paradise

Free camp ground in Mt. Rainier national park. Mostly used by backpackers but car campers are welcome. Spots are very small and there is zero privacy. All sites have bear lockers and picnic tables. 1 Vault toilet. Recycling and trash cans. Trail heads at camp ground going in several directions. We did the spray falls hike as well as tolmie peak. Both hikes are beautiful. About 3 miles each.

Mt. Rainier Views!!

My husband and I just spent a weekend at Mowiche Campground located in Ashford, Washington. We chose this campground because we wanted to be close hikes near Mt. Rainier. Hiking here is incredible, and it was so nice to go out hiking in the morning and having a campsite so come back to. The campsites were a little small so I felt like we were close to our neighbors, but we honestly weren’t at the campground a whole lot other than in the evening and sleeping. It was super busy, but we went in August so we expected it to be busy. We made reservations online which helped because we were guaranteed a spot. Every campsite was filled. I did see some RVs in an area as well. If you are a hiking lover, I would recommend doing Tolmie Peak! This was hands down my favorite. It was about an hour drive from the campsite, but we got up pretty early and we’re back by 1pm. Such amazing views of Mt. Rainier. ALSO, there is an area where you can see Mt. Rainier from the campground.