Allyn, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Allyn Camping Reviews
Beautiful and clean

Loved it here. The campground was well maintained and sites were super nice. Lake was amazing as well.

Great property, but hookup spots are SUPER close

The property itself is great. There’s a playground and a couple large open fields for kids to play. Also really close to the water which is cool. The spots with hookups are REALLY close together though. This was our first time in a hookup spot so we were a bit surprised how close we were to our neighbors, but this could be typical, we’re not sure. We were in spot #4.

Fall Camping

This campground is amazing! Our group stayed in loop C and we had a blast. The campground was very clean, even the bathroom :) So many trails all over the campground to enjoy while your here, it was a very quiet aswell. You can hear the shooting at gravel pit but it’s not very loud at all. Also the host is super nice and willing to answer any questions.

Small, Beautiful

Only 16 RV sites, which I find is a plus. All have views of beautiful Hood Canal. There are several cabins on the property, as well as a small inn. Property is well maintained. Would have given five stars, if not for the noise from the 101, which is just feet away. All in all, a very nice campground.

What a fun place

Love this place and love camping in the woods and right on the lake it’s a great place for kids

Nice setting

This is a nice campground, with room for drop in camping. It is very close to the main road and not very quiet. The campsites were well maintained as were the bathrooms. Our campsite was very wooded and visually pretty private, despite road traffic very nearby. The day use beach area was great for launching a kayak, and has a boat ramp for larger vessels. Willaby creek offers a nice setting for walks and picnics.

A lovely spot, even in the rain.

It was pouring rain when I arrived, but the next morning it cleared for a couple of hours. The weather kept me from exploring as much as I wanted, however the campsite itself was worth it. I wish I had another day to spend hiking. I'll definitely return.

Amazing Scenic Valley

Everything about the Enchanted Valley is amazing. This was my first ever backpacking trip. I did it with my Dad when I was 8 years old and it has been a favorite ever since then.

The valley has a Chalet that was originally built by the Olympic Recreation Company in 1931 and has amazingly survived all this time. In recent years the Quinault River has shifted threatening the Chalet. In 2014 the Chalet was placed on steel rails and pulled 100 using mules and a helicopter.

The Valley is home to a herd of Elk as well as deer, bears and other wildlife. There are spectacular views of snowy mountains and you can hear the rumbling of avalanches.

From the Valley, you can continue on to Andersen Pass.

Best campsite on the way to the valley

This is located 9.5 miles down the trail to the Enchanted Valley. This is usually a quiet campsite as most hikers stop at O'Neil Creek which is only 6.7 miles. If you aren't too tied it is worth pushing on down the trail to Pyrites Creek. The campsite are flat and the river is beautiful.

Popular campsite on trail to the valley

O'Neil Creek is a popular spot for hikers headed to the Enchanted Valley as it is basic the half way point. The best campsite is the furthest back one under the maple tree. You have hang food up on the bear wire. If you are a hammock camper there are plenty of trees here to strap to. The creek is cool and refreshing.

If you're not too tied I would recommend continuing down the trail an extra mile or so to Pyrites Creek as it is typically less crowded.

Beautiful Trail

This is located on the east fork off the Quinault River just North of the Quinault River. To get here you take the Graves Creek Trailhead 2.7 miles. There is camping just past the bridge. The campsite is on one of my favorite trails that leads to the Enchanted Valley.

Beautiful Lake

This is a nice, well maintained campground next to a lake. Lake Leland is a beautiful and quiet lake that doesn't allow motor boats. Each campsite has a fire pit and picnic table. The fee to camp here is $18/night, or $10 if your are cycling.

Small Campground

This is a small county park located in right off of HWY 101 as you enter the town of Quilcene. There are 9 small campsites, all with picnic tables and a fire ring. There aren't many trees for privacy and you can hear the highway. They do have a shelter and playground. The fee to camp here is $15 or $10 for cyclists and are first come first serve.

Great beach access

Seal Rock Campground is a nice quiet place tucked away just out side of Brinnon WA. All of the sites are dispersed in a nice forested area which lends for good privacy. There is a great beach access as part of this campground which is great for fishing, clamming and shrimping. This campground is seasonal and closed for most of the winter.

Typical RV Park... Great Location

I wouldn't say there is anything spectacular about this RV park other than the fact that it is located on the edge of the Olympic National Forest next to the Hood Canal. They do have a nice little store as well.

Best Campground on the Hood Canal

This is a large campground with all the of camping options. They have tent sites, platform tents, cabins and RV hookups. This is located on both the Hood Canal and the Dosewallips river. This provides lots of activities like hiking, fishing, clam digging and exploring. There are several camp sites located on the river. The campground is well maintained year round.

View of The Hood Canal

Mike's Beach Resort has a campground located right on HWY 101. The highway is all that separates it from the canal. There are several RV hookup site all with fire pits. There aren't flushing toilets, just an it house. Over all it is a beautiful location. The camp office is just North of it further down hwy 101. The "resort" also has cabins and beach access.

Kinda concrete camping

Not my favorite kind of camping but the sites were clean and very well kept. We only spent the night and headed off early.

Ummmm...

Yes, I hesitated. We have a certain affection for this weird campground. They do try hard. The staff are available, super friendly and eager to be helpful. There is so much here for kids! And the palm trees, what a kick! However our particular site (beware of #15 until they fix it!) had Issues. The grass was torn up (moles?) so it was largely dirt and mud. The neighbor’s septic hole and rock cover (“?!”) (see the pic posted below by Kathy A.! Kathy, am I right? YUCK!) were a few inches from our picnic table! Most frustrating, there was less than zero privacy. All that said, we did have petunias in full bloom to cheer us up! And other nearby sites appeared pristine with gorgeous well-kept grass, trees and flowers, a little bit of space, and a little shade (some with alot!) The major draw, beyond how great a place this is for kids, is that this is one of the very few campgrounds near metro Seattle. That is what we needed and we were grateful for a place to plunk, hot showers, running water, and electricity… Would stay here again, now that I have spied out the sites!  (… Besides, a certain portion of our trailer gear certainly came to us by way of the Amazon distribution center across the street…!)

Very Nice, but with a few tolerable issues.

The staff person at the registration booth was very cheerful and helpful. I also noticed that there is an herb garden planted in front of the booth- thought about asking for some sprigs of rosemary and thyme for our dinner that night, but darn I chickened out…  The winding paths leading from the upper campsites to the water’s edge are a treasure trove for a photographer. Great fun. Our upper loop site had zero privacy, and was a bit noisy, as there was highway construction going on, layered on top of the background of the usual nearby highway noise.  There is construction going on inside the camp as well, on a dock and a retaining wall I believe?  So I was not able to explore those campsites nearer the water, but it looked like perhaps there would be more privacy there?  Our paved pad was nearly perfectly level despite the online info of “slightly sloped.”  Hookups (water, power, sewer) were fine.  Bathrooms are very clean, with an excellent, roomy, clean steaming hot shower (tokens needed - pick them up at the registration booth - you need paper money to feed the token machine: 1 token will get you 3 minutes.)  We had friendly neighbors who had some ideas about how we might find a replacement for our 54 year old broken door hinge…  Thanks Ray!

Booking

How can I book this place

Worth the drive, even on a cloudy day!

Camping with a view! Or bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the scenery and the fresh air.

Words can’t describe!

Was a great camp ground to camp at. We were traveling through so we only stayed 1 night but it was pretty fun aside from the roaring train horn in middle of the night. Other than that, completely satisfied with the stay!

Pretty cool

This campground was clean there are alot of rat holes so make sure you keep tents and car doors closed and bring pepper spray there are bears around other then that it is a cool place to camp

Surprising unknown campground on Deep Lake

Separated tent and RV sites, sites are spacious, a very pretty and clean lake, Beer Garden at the lake, clean bathrooms, shower requires tokens but shortens the shower time if you have to wait.

We had a large group of four families and it accommodated us very well.

This was our second time staying there and was not disappointed.

Easy access, not far from I-5

Crowded

It is so close to the urban areas of Seattle and Tacoma that it becomes way too crowded. I have seen multiple families occupy one camp site. Camp sites are also real close together. Positive note, Hood Canal is right there so opportunity to get clams and oysters.

Beautiful forest campground. We loved this campground because there is plenty of room for all the campers. Clean and well kept.

Great stay

The owner Dwight is awesome and Jessie is fantastic…..Grounds are very nice, looking forward to coming back

Nice and well mantained

The bathrooms were very clean and the place to camp is nice. The campground is relax (near beautiful lake) and everybody very respectful. There were a lot of dogs but all of them with leash. There was some noise from the route near by that was a little disturbing.

Favorite Getaway

This is the best little campground! Wish amazing views and great trails near by! Campground was clean and quiet. Early August was when I was there, and it was pretty busy! Try to get a spot early!