About Twanoh State Park
Twanoh State Park is located in Washington
5 Reviews of Twanoh State Park
Beautiful place

Beautiful beautiful place but the beach requires proper footwear as it’s all shells and rocks.

Also encountered too many wasps! Just in 1 day of beach 3 people stung …who knows true number for the camp site…. lol

also need to know is since it’s a state park it requires discovery pass.

Quiet At Hood Canal

Beautiful site, but you need to reserve in the summer. You can walk to the day site from the campground for beach access. The showers are token operates, you buy them from the ranger.

Too close for comfort

The Twanoh campground was super busy when we went. There is zero buffer between you and the other campers so pray you don't have neighbors with screaming, unruly kids or aggressive off-leash dogs. It was an ok place to crash. Also, we found that Hood Canal is not a good place for fishing/crabbing. The crab we did manage to catch were too small to keep and the algae is so thick it's suffocating all the fish.

Fun times with the family

We went for a family birthday party. Stayed one night only. The grounds were sold out and crowded. We enjoyed hanging out on the beach and swimming. We used the BBQ under the trees to cook on which was nice. I'm not sure if I would stay there again.

Not at all what I expected

Read awesome reviews about this park on other sites. We happened to be in the area today so decided to check it out. Oh boy. Not at all what I was expecting. Campground very open , bumper to bumper sites, little privacy. However there is small creek and easy boat access to the hood canal (just across the road) so if you are a boater this may appeal to you. Too noisy and busy for us. Water access was overcrowded dirty and busy although the typical user seemed to be pleasant families from the neighboring cities. I was just glad we happened to be in the area for a day trip and didn't drive 3 hrs on a blind positive review to visit a dirty beach and a campground next to a busy road. May be for some, just not for us.