Fires Unknown
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Jarrell Cove State Park is located in Washington
3 Reviews of Jarrell Cove State Park
Ranger Review: Lily Trotters Four Kisses Compression Socks at Jarrell Cove State Park, WA

Campground Review:

Jarrell Cove has a few spots you can reserve for camping that are up above the water, and a number of sites of different sizes that are first come first serve. Many of the FCFS sites have a water view, and all of them have plenty of trees for hanging hammocks. My friends and I slept in our hammocks the whole weekend and all of us had a view of the water and all of the sail boats. Something we discovered on our last day was a FCFS spot at the very end of the path that was huge, had a view of the water from everywhere, and was the most private spot there. The only downside to that one was a standing grill vs. a fire pit. The sound is a short walk from any of the sites, as is parking and water crafts of all kinds are welcome on the water. I spent the weekend paddle boarding and lounging on the water, and plenty of our neighbors brought boats. There is a boat launch and a dock, but beware, the tide goes out far enough to ground a boat if you dock too close to shore. Great camping spot, I'll definitely go again! Reserve a spot at Jarrell Cover here.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I occasionally get products to test! During my trip to Jarrell Cove I tested Lily Trotters Four Kisses Compression Socks, and they do not disappoint! First I will say I was not a believer in the power of compression socks until I put these on. They feel very tight when you first put them on, but after just a couple minutes they felt like the perfect fit. I went on a hike in them, climbed a few trees, and jumped around to get a real feel for them. After all of my activity my calves, shins, and feet felt so great I didn't want to take them off. As a side note it was a very hot day and they didn't stink at all when I took them off (I checked). I would recommend them to anyone who is active or travels (I plan to wear them on my next flight). I don’t typically suffer with shin splints, but my friend does and she said they made her shins feel great!

Jarrell Cove State Park

This is a small quiet park. We enjoyed the view of Jarrell Cove from the boat docks and enjoyed our crab dinner.

Cozy Campground on the Sound

There are two sites here with hookups. No dump station on the grounds. Site 8 is a pull through and is very large, but not so private as everyone walking to the main dock walks right past your site. Site 10 is a back in site but is very secluded with brush all around the site. Both sites have an obstructed view of the water through the trees with site 8 having a slightly better view. There are some great walking trails through the woods you can take if you need to collect yourself. There is a hidden field (which is actually the drain field for the septic system) in the woods that we found useful for running the dog. We wish we had kayaks with us. The nearby Olympic Bakery is very nice. Driving around the island was frustrating because you can't really get to the water anywhere other than at the other state park. The drive to Jarrel cove is on a very rural road with several places where the road is almost one lane wide. Tent sites are really cute here and if you want to haul your stuff a few hundred feet you can choose sites very near the water, or deep in the woods.