The best GROUP camping near
Kimberly Estates , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Kimberly Estates Camping Reviews
Amazing

My family and our friends went camping couple of weeks ago. Since it was two hours away from our home it was a bit difficult for us to decide should we go or not due 9 month baby. When we first got there the guy who worked there welcomed us with very friendly manner. That was the first warm impression we had for this campground then he explained every question that we had even though he was busy. Not only the people who are working there is awesome but the camp ground was very clean and had many activities that we all could enjoy. My band had first seesaw ride, swings and had experienced with jump tube. Had little pond looking lake and I don’t know how to explain this. But the whole camp found was perfect getaway for all of us. Also I really care about the cleaners of the bathroom. This place, is very good with cleaning and stocking the materials that people need. I am definitely going back.

Great for hiking and biking!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent two nights. Nice site backing into the woods and the leaves were changing. Great hiking and biking from the campground. Love having the access to the lake. Great areas for dog walking. Family next door was really loud, but not the campgrounds fault.

Nice camping

We were there in March so it was still a bit cold and not really sitting outside and enjoy it weather. The campground was nice and very clean. Our site was not exactly level but I think it was because we were in the first spot on a row and it had a slant. The others looked pretty level. The staff everywhere was amazing and eager to please. I can’t say enough good about the hospitality there! The sites were full hookup. A grill and table and chairs were also available. A fire ring was there also. The laundry facility was very nice and clean… and free. We didn’t take advantage of the multiple activities there but we did see people riding horses. Looked like a good time! We drove about 25 minutes to the Monticello and enjoyed it a lot! Would definitely stay again if we ever find ourselves in the area.

Great Base to Explore the Area

We followed the signage to the park and took Bull Run Post Office Rd off Lee Hwy. But, then there was a decision point after crossing back over I-66 on whether to turn left at the Shooting Complex sign or go straight. Our RV GPS said turn left, but Waze and Google Maps said go straight so we went straight. This led us straight to the campground where check-in was easy. We then proceeded to pull through site 4 with water& 50 AMP, which was a nice long and spacious site. All the pull through sites along the main road in this area are spacious. There is a really good mix of sites in this large CG from basic tent to FHUs. FHU sites 105, 107, and 117 would be great sites with lots of space into the woods. Most of the uneven numbered sites on that loop are FHUs with most suited for large rigs either as a pull through or really easy parallel to road back-ins. There’s no public Wifi. We got a lot of OTA channels to include the major networks. For phone service, we got 2 bars each on Verizon and AT&T. There is a lot to do at this park to include a disc golf course and water park during summer season. There’s also a camp store that sells some camping supplies; hats, t-shirts, snacks, ice and firewood. This regional park also has a shooting complex that is located near the back of the park. We saw previous reviews complaining about the noise from this shotgun(trap, skeet,& sporting clays) complex. If you are worried about the noise, stay towards the front of the CG where we were and you can hardly hear the range. We enjoyed the multiple marked trails throughout the CG and surrounding area. Interesting that at the bathhouses there was a posting on burn bans until 4:00 PM but this information was not listed on the rules we received at check in? Good base camp to enjoy either the DC area and/or civil war battlefields and historic sites. The campground is tucked deep within Bull Run Park, so you barely hear any road noise. We would definitely stay here again.

Love Prince William Forest

Camped here the first weekend it was open in 2021. Nice campground Bathrooms are clean. Lots of hiking trails.

It’s a no from me.

This place was $30 just to enter and it was super duper packed. We turned around and found a great boondocking site nearby.

Peak Fall 🍂

Super nice place to stay, quiet and low traffic most of the time. Heavy ranger presence, but they’re very helpful. Bathrooms centrally located to the ‘loops’. Lots of wildlife around; we had deer all around us one night. Have to check out Overall Run trail right off the campground, the view is killer, and we had it all to ourselves.

Simple Adventure

Everything at the park is laid out pretty clearly and straight forward enough so you shouldn't have too many issues. Make sure to have cash to simplify paying for things such as firewood (you can pay upfront).

There are camp toilets with toilet paper and hand sanitizer near the Red 1 tent site (not sure if there are others) which were clean enough. The trails are beautiful and I'm sure there was more to do, but didn't have a chance to see. Definitely a reason to return!

My go to spot

This is one of the best camp grounds in the DC area! There are 9 separate sites in Turkey Run with two bathroom facilities for all 9 sites. There are no showers but campers and staff tent to keep the rest rooms clean.

I have seen a lot of Boy Scout troops use the site year round but it’s also great for families and small groups of friends.

From the site you have access to several hiking trails and you can ride your bike on the Main Street.

There is a $20 entrance fee into the park and the campground is close to Dumpfries, VA where you can pick up all sorts of supplies.

Nice camp ground

Camp ground is nice. Check in was a breeze. The only drawback is that it is not quite. There is a shooting range in the park. It is on a flight path for DCA. And, I66 is not that far away.

The sites are nicely spread out. My site had a slight slope, but was easily overcome using additional blocks on the low side to get the trailer level.

Yes, I would recommend this camp ground.