Mona, UTAH
Most Recent Mona Camping Reviews
What lake

It’s berry beautiful

Beautiful and right outside of town

Down a dirt road, right outside of town. Some great views!

Great place to camp and fish.

This is a fun place close to the lake. Lots of really good fishing from shore as well as boat access. The camp sites are big with nice tables and lots of room.

They have nice bathrooms, and big campsites.  Nice tables at the campsite and it is close to the lake. We caught lots of crawfish and lots of trout.

City camping at it's finest.

This is a great place to camp within the city of Lehi. It is close to the water and in the hot summer it is a fun spot for a night get away. Big camp sites for trailers or tents and nice bathrooms.

We take our scout troop to this campsite at least once a year. It is close to the city but feels like it is not. really nice bathrooms, tables, and pavilions. Close to a river and have lots of space.

Great place to camp

Lots of rivers close, and a view of Joes Valley. Nice big camp sites.

When we stayed here it was in the summer and we were the only ones in the whole campground. Big campsites with nice tables and bathrooms.

Fast getaway

This is a great place to go to get away for the city. Don't go on a busy weekend really crowded but fun place for kids.

They have a really nice pavilion and lots of trees. You are close to the golf course and close to Hobble Creek which is fun for the kids.

Camp close to the Lake.

This is a great place to come to get away from the city. Big fish, great views, and lots of wildlife.

The campsite is nice. Great bathrooms, and nice tables. great place to roast some SMORES. Make sure you get up here in the fall and watch the Salmon spawn it is really cool.

Nice get away

Great place to camp. Close to I-15 lots of fish in the lake. We stayed here with our boat and had lots of fun.

Close to boat ramp. With big campsites, tables, bathrooms, and fire pits.

Quick and easy with lots of fun

Short distant from AF to some amazing views, playing in the lakes, and rivers, and just being in an amazing canyon with lots of wildlife.

Great place to get away from the city.

One of my favorite summer get away spots. Lots of fish in the lake, great bike trails and amazing views all around. With it being a 15 minute drive from Payson makes for a great time.

Nice bathrooms, tables, fire pits, and in the trees. This campground can be hard to find a spot on busy weekends because it is so close to town. Amazing mountain views and fun for the whole family.

Quiet, restful stay

Spent 3 days here. There were a few people here but it was so quiet. Took a nice walk down by the reservoir. Took a ride to Scipio out the "back" way (over the dam). I would stay here again.

Favorite campground

American Fork canyon is my all time favorite canyon. I love the high sides as you drive through. Fall is the best time to go. Beautiful colors. Granite flats has lots of hiking around and is near a really fun little reservoir (which has been discovered and is getting super busy unfortunately). Very picturesque for sure.

Free and open

This is a great FREE site; however there are no amenities. Bring everything you need. If you don't have a portable toilet, visit the rest area down the road for a last minute bathroom break before settling in for the night.

There is plenty of open, level space. Not a lot of privacy, so during the busy season you'll most likely make friends with your neighbors.

Beautiful and crowded

Great campground. Popular and crowded. Should reserve well in advance or get there early for the walk-in sites.

Clean and quiet

This campground is really clean and quiet. There’s room for tents and also it has many RV sites with electric, water and sewer. We were there in late September and the lake was very dry down to the creek bed. We saw many deer and jackrabbits. We would definitely stay there again. It is a developed campground.

Great Free Dispersed Camping

This is a great spot just a about 2 miles off the main highway. It’s paved until you get to the campground turn off which is a good dirt road. Wide open space with tons of options to tent or RV. There’s a huge sign that says Sheep Creek Campground so you can’t miss it. Drove here with my front wheel drive sedan and tent camped. Train goes by occasionally but not loud enough to disturb. Access to hiking trails all around because it’s national forest land. You can stay 14 days. No permit required. No amenities.

Not much....

Not much to it, houses are close and lots of people go out to shoot.

Nice for riding

It’s nice fore riding but gets pretty busy on the weekends and obviously really dusty when the wind gets going and bring lots of water and lots of gas there isn’t a gas station for a bit.

museum is super cute, lots of history.

The museum is cute and there is a lot of historical information, if your into ghost stories and “haunts” you can check out the cometary.

Great for gatherings

There were a couple spots that were semi private but most were very exposed. Lots of area on some of them though for multiple tents. The river is right there and makes some beautiful yet subtle white noise. It is in provo canyon and the cliffs on either side are very impressive. The walk from the campsite to bridal falls is also lovely!

Beautiful in the trees

Very nice campgrounds with single and double spaces. Allow RV's with no electicity ad no water hookups. Pit toilets and no showers. Close to 4 wheeling trails, fishing and Tibble Fork lake to swimm, boat (not motorized) and fish.

Great facilities, peaceful spot in the city

We stopped here while passing through Provo, and this was such a convenient and peaceful spot to sleep in the city. You're super close to amenities and anything you could want to see in town, as well as Utah Lake. It's reasonably priced and the facilities are really nice – clean bathrooms and shower stalls, clean and well-maintained sites and fire rings. I would stay here again! They book up a little far in advance during the summer though so plan ahead.

Well maintained and beautiful

This campground is owned by Springville City and is well maintained. It sure by Hobble Creek amongst beautiful green trees. It also has (at the entrance) a nice park with a large green lawn and a kid's playground. I love camping here

Babys first camping Trip!

loved camping here! My husband and I recently moved to Oklahoma where there there isn’t much camping. So to say that we were excited for our trip back home was an understatement. This campsite was near Tibble Fork which is somewhere I have been wanting to go and explore for a long time. We were able to paddle board which was a blast! I loves being so close and having access to so many beautiful hikes and Rick climbing. We were right next to a beautiful river and it was pretty quiet.

Beautiful lake and great hiking

This campground was awesome! We would definitely come back here. Here are some of the things we loved about staying here:

• Great hiking- the hiking around this area was amazing. We absolutely enjoyed these trails. We did a hike that about 10 miles roundtrip with low elevation gain. We also did a hike that was 5 miles round trip, and 4 miles round trip. The views were incredible.
  • Big campsite spaces- Loved that the spaces were big enough to fit our truck and 2 tents
  • Shaded campsites- We really liked that there were tons of trees within the campground. This provided us with shade as well as a place to hang our hammocks
  • Clean

Some things we didnt really like were:

• Only 1 bathroom
  • No water available
  • The road was a little difficult to find

All in all we absolutely loved it here and would could back. We wish we could have stayed longer. Next time we come we are bringing our family and staying longer.

Private gem along Nebo Loop!

Such a beautiful campground! Very private and not crowded, even during the busiest weekends. Access to lots of pretty places to run around and explore. Great places for kids to play. Lots of tall pine trees. I definitely recommend!

Gorgeous, peaceful, chill camp spot

It has a ton of wildlife to see. So much to do, including hiking and hanging out in the creek. It’s very beautiful and peaceful. There are a ton of bugs so bring lots of bug spray. There is a fee to stay at this campground.

Ranger Review: Oofos Oocloog Sport Clogs @ Little Mill Campground

Campground Review:

We've been up this canyon many times before, mostly for climbing. This canyon holds some of the most historic sport routes in America as some of the hardest routes in the country, at the time, were established here in the late 80's and early 90's. A place of particular interest if you're looking for hard routes is the infamous Hell Cave with all routes being 5.13 and up. Teardrop is a favorite among climbers looking to redpoint their first 13.

Now on to the campsite. We've always come here during the week, but it can be safe to say the weekend is a zoo up here given its proximity to the Wasatch metro. There are fire rings and picnic tables at all of the spots and they're all within a few minutes walk of the creek. Also within about 5-10 minutes are over 50 beginner, moderate, and intermediate routes with a few tough ones mixed in! Our favorite wall around here is Serenity Wall given how close it is and because we're huge fans of Firefly!

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to test products from outdoor and lifestyle brands from time to time. On this trip we got to test some Oofos clogs.

Oofos - Men's Oocloog Sport, brown

If you do lots of hiking, trail running, or climbing like I do then having sore hips, knees, and ankles, is part of the game. With the Oofos clogs however, the game has changed! Here are some of the things I liked about the clogs and some things I would change!

Pros:

• They are super light and were very easy to stuff into a backpack. When going through really rough terrain it's essential to pack light but being able to switch out of your hiking boots after the approach is a necessity. With these I was able to give my feet a break from my stiff boots while also helping them recover and ease pain in my arch.

• They really do help you recover and have great traction! I walked all over the campground in these and didn't slip once even on a dirty, loose limestone/dolomite slope. Its rare that you're able to wear a clog or flipflop all the way to the base of a crag but with these I managed just fine. Because of this I am definitely going to use them at the hospital I work at since I wont have to worry about them slipping off while I'm working with patients!

Con:

• I say con because there was only 1 thing I didn't like about these clogs. Even though these are the sport model I think they should have made air holes on both sides of the shoe to allow for more breathability. I can't wear these without socks as my feet turn the insides into a swampy muddy mess that feels really gross. I remedy that by always wearing socks with them but it would have been nice to be able to rock them barefoot.

Great place to dirt bike

Lots of burs and stickers in the ground but otherwise a good place. Spots aren’t marked so you can camp anywhere. Someone even parked there RV right on a trail which was a little frustrating.

Has a fun playground

This campground was really crowded when we went and we had really loud people right by us which was frustrating but overall it was a good site with a fun playground close by.