Mona, UTAH
Most Recent Mona Camping Reviews
Quiet, fun and friendly

Stopped her for the night on our return to SLC. Family staff was pleasant and helpful.
Full hook-up site was surprisingly spacious with green space in-between and trees for shade. Facilities are clean and comfortable and camp store is well stocked. We were able to walk to Utah Lake via the state park and even found an interesting collection of old gas station signs, pumps and other road-memorabilia along the way!
Really enjoyed our brief stay! On line reservation request requires a credit card #, but return call was very quick and helpful and no charge was placed until check-in.

Paid tent / RV campsite with fire ring and bathrooms.

I think the previous review is unfair, although I agree with him, this kind of campsite is not the type I prefer. This campsite has gorgeous views of the canyon and climbing rock wall. It’s not far up the canyon, and you can fit an RV there. There is a bathroom and a nice camp host. There is a fire ring, and a nice little stream. There is no firewood around to collect. Most sites say that, this one means it. The campsite fits snugly between the road up the canyon, and the canyon wall that is popular with rock climbers. Don’t drive in backwards, there is a spike strip that luckily didn’t pop my truck’s tires, it lets you out, not in. Completely my bad, I ignored the sign and didn’t see the strip. It’s not day use either, as I found out. I had to pay the overnight rate for our evening s’more roasting adventure. I don’t think this is a great campsite for kids, with it’s close proximity to the road, and not much room for them to run around.

Always a great time, and really easy to get to

North and West beach are first come first served past the pay station. You can camp right up on the water or there are some areas with light shade. If you want a reserved spot with hookups you'll need to go on the East side to the Oasis campground.

We go here 3-5 times a year. It's a favorite with the dogs.

Amazing stay

I stayed at the lake cabin, had an amazing time, the place was so great, view from the porch was truly spectacular!

Big lake

Great Lake to have fun in, the campsite had toilets and showers and fire pits, some campsites have more trees than others for hammocks. Be sure to check the weather, huge rain/lightning storm hit us in the middle of the night. You can rent kayaks there. Easy to drive there.

Day Use/Picnic Only

Great day use/picnic area with spots near river.

Basic campground in the woods

A couple sites are on the side of a creek. I took site 27 by the entrance just next to the creek. Many open sites late Thursday evening in early August. Picnic tables, fire pits, restrooms. Good cell service. Friendly elderly lady camp host. $24/night for single site.

Gorgeous Alpine Views all Around

An amazing spot to drive to and spend the day or backpack in and spend a night or two.  Be warned you will need a 4wd vehicle if trying to go up the road after a rain storm.  At the trailhead you have great acces to the lake and fishing.  There is also a large bathroom.  Some days the parking lot can fill and you'll have to park on the road or a pullout.  To the south you have a fantastic view of the Timpanogos Massif looming over the lake.  To the west you'll see Box Elder Peak and to the north is Dry Canyon and the Alpine Ridge.  Remember that you do have to hike in at least a 0.5 mile from the trailhead

Simple Camp Before Setting off on a Trail Ride

This is set up like the other campgrounds and picnic areas in the campground.  It has around 6 campsites that have a metal and concrete fire ring, a bbq grill, and picnic table.  Most of the campsites had nice big trees shading them.  There is also a vault toilet.  Nearby is Tiblle Fork Reservoir and 20 minutes up the dirtroad is the very scenic Silver Flat Lake which has amazing views of the surrounding peaks which still had snow when we visited in July.

Nice Picnic Area by the River

This is the last picnic area before arriving at Tibble Fork Reservoir.  It has the same amenities as the other developed picnic areas in the canyon: bmvault toilets, picnic tables, bbq grills, metal fire rings.  This is one of the better picnic areas as it has a roaring river right next to most of the spots and is really close to Tibvle Fork which is home to great kayaking, fishing, and SUP boarding.  A 30 minute drive away is the even higher Silver Flat Lake but make sure you have 4x4 high clearance after a storm as the road could be pretty rough

Very nice

Very large space. We fit a lot people there(only one tent) we were able to wake up and get on the trail and hike up to the glacier and camp we then hiked to the end the next day and hiked out.

Gorgeous high alpine campground!

A beautiful alpine campground that sits near 2 beautiful reservoirs you can relax at during the hot summer! This campground lies on the Tibble Fork Res turnoff in American Fork Canyon. There are vault toilets with picnic tables and metal fire rings at each site

Nearby there are hundreds and hundreds of climbing routes and hiking trails! A hiking trail that is within the campground heads up to the 11000'+ peak! There are also numerous trails that hike around the mountains and lakes. If you choose to drive further up to Silver Lake Flat you will get treated to gorgeous views of the Alpine Ridge to the north and the Timpanogos Massif to the south

Beautiful scenic campground

This was a beautiful campground. Very nice. I love how it is near a river. You can hear it at night. It's so nice to get to a cool area out of the hot valley and into the cool scenic back country of Utah county. Bathrooms were fresh non out house smelling for sure. Highly recommended.

Lots of trees for shade and lots of bugs.

This is a fun place to stay when you want to go someplace close. There are lots of trees for the summer months and lots of shade. There are a couple good beaches. This is Utah's biggest fresh water lake. There are lots, and lot of bug so bring bug spray.

Awesome mountain views. Good fishing in the Provo river or lake fishing. You can build a fire and get firewood from camp host. There is full hook ups and also spots for a tent. Most spots have a pavilion and nice tables. Great bathrooms with running water. I can't remember which spot we stayed at but they are were really nice.

Idyllic, leafy, beautiful campground.

Camp Maple Dell is a beautiful camp. Leafy trees, great area. Yes, it's set up for Scouts, but when it's not Scout week, the camp is available for others to enjoy. Activities aren't available, it's just a campground outside of Scout weeks. But buildings and customized bookings are possible if you have group/budget to request additional facilities/activities (i.e. pavilion with full kitchen, lifeguard to use the lake, climbing directors to use the climbing wall and aerial challenge course, etc).

Decent site, rude staff

Upon arrival the guy who maintained the site asked me how many days I was going to be there. I specified one, he charged me $12. I thought $12 was a good price for one overnight. I got my tent and everything situated and started to read my book while the dogs enjoyed the campsite. A few hours later the guy came back to bug me again. He started yelling up to me in my tent. Personally, I go camping to get away from people, so I was annoyed that this guy was interrupting my serenity yet again. The guy was rude and started lecturing me about how I told him I was only going to be there for one day. I was extremely confused and said yes, I only planned on being here the one night. He finally clarified that I would need to pay an additional $12 to stay overnight. He copped an attitude like i was trying to lie or rip him off or something. The only reason I didn’t pay the full amount was because the guy was very misleading with the way he originally asked me, as he asked how MANY days I was going to be there. I assumed that meant how many overnights. I don’t know why he asked me “how many” when he should have just asked me if I was planning on staying just for the day or overnight. Irritated that I had to deal with this ornery old man again I walked to my car and handed him more cash. I will not be camping here again due to the rude mannerisms of the staff despite it being a pretty campsite. The only reason this review is more than 1 Star is how pretty my view was waking up. If you’re going to pay for a campsite I suggest you go somewhere else. We’re in Utah, I’ve got a plethora of campgrounds within 30 minutes of my house. I don’t need to interact with rude people to go camping. Honestly had I not already been completely setup to stay overnight I probably would’ve packed up my things and gotten the heck out of there just due to the principal of them treating me so poorly

Busy, but beautiful

These campgrounds were surprisingly busy with dune buggies, dirt bikes, and cars driving by every few minutes. I thought we went far enough in that this wouldn’t be a problem, but the campsite we chose was right next to the road. Other than that we were close to the river, a quick drive down to tibble fork, and the dogs (and humans) had a blast camping here!

Great Family Location - Bridges Creekside

Located on the creek and to the north of the road from the Bridges Campground is a two spot family campground. The spot is first come, first serve with a check out time of 1:00 PM. Cost is $5 per vehicle per night with a fee station at the sign. Because of the proximity to the creek and lack of pit toilets on this side of the road, campers must have black/grey tanks.

The creek is absolutely beautiful and the upper spot has a nice fire ring and picnic table while the lower spot has a fire ring only. The only drawback is the dead timber present in the whole canyon from a 2012 wildfire.

Too close

This is an ok campground. It is situated right next to the Provo river, but also right off the Provo canyon roadway. Too much traffic noises. There are some trees to provide shade.

Mountain views

This is my husband's favorite. It is less than an hour from home but feels farther. There are plenty of trees to provide shade and a lot of activities in the area to do. It is right up the road from tibble fork reservoir for swimming and boating(non motorized). There are many different atv trails to follow. And my personal favorite, hiking trails galore. It makes a great weekend getaway.

Beautiful mountain retreat

This campground is within 40 minutes of town, but feels like you are far away from your worries. There is a stream that runs thru it and a lot of trees that provide plenty of shade. There are several hiking trails within walking distance, with waterfall destinations, or a peak to summit.

Close to town

If you like to get away, but not take hours to drive there, this is a good option. There are a few trails you can take your kids on around the campground. No atvs are allowed in, but there are dirt roads to ride near hope. There are a lot of trees so shade is plentiful.

Some shady spots right by the river

Another great picnic area right next to the river.  This area doesnt have as much shade over the picnic areas but it does have 2 great spots to get into the water and a nice barricade to protect you from swift deeo waters.  Other than that it's much like the other picnic areas.  It is however very close to Tibble Fork reservoir!

Nice developed picnic area but away from the river

This is another nice little developed picnic area. It is immediately on the left after the turnoff for Tibble Fork reservoir.  There is shade at most of the picnic areas and the sites have tables, concrete fire rings, and a main bathroom.  There is one site that is handicap accessible right next to the bathroom

Roadhouse! A good place to set up for the day

However much I wished there were people practicing their roundhouse kicks, this place was great none the less.  Its has everything that the other developed picnic areas in the canyon have and is in close proximity to Tibble Fork reservoir, which is a fantastic place to fish, swim, paddle and lounge around!  All of the picnic areas are close to the river and have plenty of shade

Developed and shaded but away from the river

Nice little area with plenty of shade!  It has bathrooms, picnic tables, and concrete fire rings.  It has multiple spots you can pull into but it is a little hard backing out of them.  Main drawback to this area is that it's far away from the river across the road.  If you want to be in the same area but next to the river then Little Mill CG is the place to go

Nice area by the river with picnic tables and bathrooms!

A nice developed spot right near the river and close tothe north mill campground.  It has a quite a few picnic areas with concrete and metal fire rings along the riverside.  This is a fee area and fills up quickly so try to get there before 2 especially on the weekends and holidays

A big pullout area and not much else

This area is more parking lot than shaded picnic area.  The only redeeming thing about it is a great view of the climbing wall across the river.  If you want to make it to the other side theres a log bridging the gap a little upstream.  Unless you're climbing here move on to something more interesting

Nice view of the river with a huuuge boulder nearby!

This place is a little better than Riverside.  It has more places to sit near the river, a little better parking situation, and a huge awesome boulder nearby by you can try climbing around on!  Be warned it's a highball!

Like Riverside this day use picnic area has no amenities and stumps and logs for seating.  They were also some stone fire rings.

Primitive day use area, but free!

Forewarning this is not a campground, but more of a primitive picnic day use area.  I could see it being used as a campground before they started charging admission to the canyon.  You dont have to pay entrance however if you plan on only parking in pullouts.  Otherwise you can pay or use an annual parks pass.

Theres nothing here other than a few stone fire rings and a beautiful view of the river.  It is really close to Timpanogos Cave National Monument and could be a good spot to eat afterwards