Brighton Point , UTAH

Most Recent Brighton Point Camping Reviews
Great winter spot

Short hike in for winter camping, leaving out of Snowbasin Maples Lot. Snowshoes or touring setup will make it easier over just boots, especially as the snowpack deepens. Trail is very popular for winter use and you will likely see or hear other people, but it is quiet at night. Choose campsite carefully and consider avy dangers if relevant, but a generally mild slope in the former campground area.

Picturesque Landscape

Beautiful island in the middle of the Great Salt Lake. The bison are free grazing all around and a few came right up to our campground in the early morning! There is a ranch on the far side of the island (Fielding Garr Ranch) which is adorable and definitely worth a visit. We went in Oct. 2020 so it was not very busy and it felt like the closest neighbors were pretty distant. There are plenty of hiking trails to choose from with varying skill levels. Absolutely will return!

Isolated in winter

This was a great place to stay for one night on my journey traveling I-80. The coordinates have been updated (originally wrong when I tried to find it)- the map is correct now.

I arrived after dark on Jan 10th. Once I found the entrance (easy now that the location is correct) I couldn’t obviously see flat areas for parking. With some help from my mom who I was on the phone with, she was able to see from daytime satellite photos the easiest spots.

When you enter the camping area, stay to the left on the main road, continue staying left - you will pass 3-4 little ‘roads’. The first site- where I parked- is the first opening to the left. If you venture up to the right, you will end up some extremely steep drives. My Subaru Outback made it up and down one of those but it was a little scary for me.

It was COLD- when I woke up, temp was 19, felt like 12. But in my car I was cozy. There isn’t any privacy from the main road, but very few cars driving by.

Horseshoe Springs is across the street (turn left out of camping area, first turn off on the right- you can see the little pavilion from the road). Was nice to see even in the cold!

Solo woman traveling- it was a little freaky at first but I got used to the solitude there, and felt safe! Beautiful landscape upon waking up!

Nice In Town Option

An inexpensive stay in town near great places like Silicon Slopes, Thanksgiving Point, Utah Lake, Traverse Mountain and centered between Salt Lake and Provo. This is a nice spot along the Jordan River Parkway. The hosts are a little loony, but they stay out of your way if you follow the rules of the park. There are nice tables, boat launch for non-motorized water crafts, bathrooms, and playgrounds.

Love this nearby yurt

This is a great place to take a small group for some winter backcountry fun not far from the city. There are more remote yurt options around, but this one feels pretty remote with its 2.5 mile hike in. It does tend to fill up fast so book early. It has a spacious bunk area with a nice wood burning stove that keeps everything toasty during the cold nights. Grab the gang and have a great time.

Backcountry Camping

This is not a pull-in campground. This is backcountry access off of the Lame Horse trails. Please use leave no trace and enjoy the backcountry in a responsible manner. We love these areas because the views of the mountains and meadows are breathtaking. You will need to backpack a ways in to find a good place to set up a tent. Just be sure to camp at least 100 feet off the trail. Enjoy responsibly.

Loved this place!

We stayed in mid October when the campground is first come first serve. Good thing we got there early in the morning (it was Saturday) because they had just closed an entire loop that significantly reduced the number of sites. We got the last one available but it was a really nice site with a lot of privacy (17). This entire area is very pretty. The fall colors were amazing! Tip: don’t drive to the upper lake, it was mostly dry in the fall and the drive was VERY rough for 3 miles uphill.

Great area

Easy to get to dispersed camping site.

Good campsites close to Provo

Had to hike in because it was closed to vehicles when my wife and I went. It was a fun and beautiful hike. Plenty of campsites!

Hard to get into the springs

The springs are a bit of a hike but they are a blast once you get there. They are very warm and a lot of fun! I went at night with my wife and it was a great date spot! We had the part we went to for ourselves.