No Drinking Water
No WiFi
Cowboy Camp Campground is located in Utah
3 Reviews of Cowboy Camp Campground
Great campground - gorgeous sunsets

A friend and I came here as we didn't have any reservations for a campground one night during our Mighty 5 road trip.

We passed by here after visiting Dead Horse Point SP. It's very close to the state park and it's along the way to Canyonlands (about 15 minutes away).

The campground is quite simple. They're first-come, first-serve sites. Around 7 of them total.

When we came, it was insanely infested by mosquitoes, which is why I am docking a star from my review. They were horrible due to a wet, cool spring they had a few months before we arrived.

The bathroom situation is pretty bare. It's a pit-style with no official door - just a chain to say that it's occupied.

Our campsite (#1) was relatively flat, but it did have a slight angle. When we were setting up our tent, it was so windy that it kept blowing the tent away. We weren't able to get stakes into the ground due to the ground being too hard and full of rocks. We ended up using bungee cords tied to the picnic table.

By far, the best part of this campground was the sunset. It was one of the prettiest sunsets I've ever seen in my life. Well worth the $20 campground fee and the multiple mosquito bites we endured while watching the sun set.

Free Dispersed Camping Close to Parks

Tons of dispersed tent sites big enough for cars and small RV’s In some areas. Just have to explore down the dirt roads in the BLM area.

Very basic campground right outside canyonlands national park

This is a very basic campground that is right outside the national Park. The campgrounds inside the park get booked very quickly but there is alot of camping available right outside the park territory. This is one of them. There is also additional dispersed camping around this area.