Bowie, TEXAS

Most Recent Bowie Camping Reviews
Sunday-Wed stay

Full hook ups. Friendly staff. Roads were paved it a little run down. Crushed stone pads were flat and easy to stabilize. Also good for keeping the dirt out. Cement area with picnic table was at every site. Several long time guests on East edge the rest of the park was wide open. Had good space for dogs. Backed up to a river and had its own pond. Along the river there was no issue with road noise. No recycle collection or Propane on site. Was a nice quiet stay in Early March

Quiet, clean, fun place to camp or be a long term resident!

We are full time campers at this RV park and absolutely love it.  It's quiet, clean and the owners are constantly improving the facilities.  It was good before but it keeps getting better.  There is a new BBQ pit area with picnic tables that was added a few months ago.  A dog park, water filling and propane filling station are in the works.  We are right across from a free public boat ramp where we can launch our kayaks with breeze.  The fishing on Lake Amon Carter is the best. There is a laundry, shower and restroom facility with keypad entry.  A convenience store that sells excellent food.  We have stayed in many parks and this is by far the best.

Well maintained, Quiet, Friendly campground

Nothing negative to say about our stay here!

Ken, the owner, is very friendly and helpful and introduced himself on our first day here. Our pull through spot on gravel was level and clean. The grounds are very well kept and decorated with Texas charm. The office is well lit with bistro lights after dark, for late arrivals.

Spotless communal areas include the bathrooms, kitchen, and wash house. A small swimming pool looks to be fun in the warmer months.

The town of Denton is nearby with plenty of grocery options, shopping, and cute restaurants. Don’t miss Thai Square if you love Thai food.

Overall, a very affordable campground with exceptional service and cleanliness. Cute alpacas and friendly watch dogs are an added bonus!

Great little park

Good people, good rates, good park. Gravel sites. Good laundry and showers. North of Denton, convenient to UNT. Eat at Babes in Sanger.

Well kept State Pak

Concrete back in sites with full hookup’s! Also fire rings, covered patio table’s. Great place for fishing kayaking and hiking!

Rundown and Rude Staff

They tell you to go pick out a spot and then call it in to them. Most of the sites had no number and I told the office this. Rather than help, she argued with me and was very nasty. When I said I wanted a refund, they could not provide it. A guy finally helped me but I will never stay at this place again. Lots of shady long term residents. The whole place is just old and dated. Avoid….

Great location

First time camping in this area of Texas! The rolling hills are beautiful! This campground is very dark at night, so if you are arriving later in the evening beware! The RV sites are not marked very well! They are level and they do have some near the water! They have a nice pool and club house! The staff was very friendly! This campground is not far from downtown Bridgeport, there are several restaurants and if you want a good burger try 5 boys Ranch! I took my kayak to do some fishing!

Cramped and noisy

Right off the interstate. Long term work camp. Very cramped spots. Nice store on site.

Peaceful

Quiet and open. Easy to get to but off the beaten path.

Woke up here once.

Woke up here once. Nice place.