Water Unknown
National Forest
Black Creek Lake is located in Texas
2 Reviews of Black Creek Lake
Primitive Camping Side Review

There are two sides to Black Creek Lake both a part of the LBJ Grasslands. I have reviewed the improved side previously with its amenities however I wanted to make sure I included this as well.

The primitive side camping does not include any amenities or marked sites. You will often find that when you enter the cattle guard and gate to this area that you will wind around and see various vehicles parked in what look to be little pull ins around the shoreline where they launch small boats or fish off the shore.

There used to be a rope swing in this area that would swing into the water however it has broken so many times it is hard to count and currently is not there.

This area is open range so as you enter you might encounter someones cows roaming but typically at the camping area you won't see to many.

The biggest difference I have found between the two sides is this side can sometimes be a bit more overgrown and thus more snakes. I am sure there are plenty on the other side as well but here I have encountered a lot more, which I am deathly afraid of ironically.

Typically you see overnighters in vans of off road vehicles here not a lot of tents but a few off and on when the gate is open. Which brings me to the next issue, sometimes the gate is not able to be accessed, not sure why but from time to time it will not be open when you are looking to get in so you will be rallied to the improved side.

Quite, small, beautiful waterfront

The campground itself is fairly small. We showed up and i think there was anout about 6 other campsites. We set up about 10’ from the water and had a great time. Woke up fished anout then walked around the lake through a makeshift trail.