Spring Place , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Spring Place

Most Recent Spring Place Camping Reviews
Nice park, nice staff

We chose this resort for the full hookups and access to a cabin for our non-camping friends who traveled with us. They liked the cabin as well. This campground stays open a bit longer into November than other campgrounds which tend to close Nov 1st. Our site was smaller and not as level but it was fine for our small trailer.

Is now just a great picnic area

Was once long ago a campground. It has since been turned into a great picnic area offering some nice hiking and playing in the creek.

Woodland Shelter

My wife and I stayed at the shelter while doing a backpacking loop in the smokies. We started at Newfound gap and followed the AT north towards Charlie's Bunion then headed down to the shelter at the split. The views along the ridge are incredible and this is some of the best hiking in the area. I highly recommend this loop and the distance works out nicely for a single night. The shelter itself is nothing too special but has all the amenities of the shelters in the area. There is a bear cable set up so you can hang your gear and multiple fire pits along with a fireplace in the shelter itself for very cold nights. Normally you are required to stay within the shelter but due to COVID concerns, you are temporarily allowed to set up a tent in the area surrounding the shelter. This was a nice option and there were already several established sites. Overall it's not as nice a view as you get staying up on the ridge but it's a quieter area with more privacy and will probably have more space available if you need to book last minute.

Our favorite place in the Smokies

My husband and I have been camping in the Smokies and surrounding areas for years. This is our favorite spot. Much quieter than the other campgrounds in the park. Several wonderful hikes right out of the campground.

Decent.

I was a little underwhelmed compared to what I was expecting from camping at a national park. The positives are the cheap rates and there are bathroom and shower facilities. If you want old fashion tent camping the park does have some backcountry campsites.

The cons are the lack of actual campsites. They are more like parking spaces. Probably to appeal to the people who use campers. The noise of the highway was constant and annoying.

Overall I enjoyed my time staying here. Wish I could have done more backcountry camping but the weather didn't permit it.

Large campground on the French Broad River and convenient to I-40

Convenient to highway 66 that runs from Interstate 40 to Sevierville. Not particularly charming, but seems to be clean and well run. Worked well for a one night stay.

Peace on Earth?

Campsites are perfectly spread apart. They do a fantastic job on keeping everything neat and orderly. Plenty of places to hike and if you want to have a picnic there is a picnic area right next to the creek where the kids can play. The loop around Cades cove just takes you back in time to much simpler time. You can rent bikes if want to take it slow.

Good campground but some sites are just too tight,

Have been camping here for years even before current owners. Many different size sites and some are just too small for even a small camper. Price has gotten too high.

Back Country Primitive Shelter

I’m a reluctant camper and hiker doing this to spend time with my family so factor that in to my review. I had a permit, but no one asked to see it. Perhaps anyone who might had left for the day. My pack weighed at least 30lbs. and I’m new to this, so it took me forever to get up here. It was dark by the time we arrived and boy, was I disappointed to learn this shelter is situated PAST the lodge. My exhaustion made the merriment I glimpsed behind its fire-warmed window panes seem cruel, but I’m sure it wasn’t as personal as it seemed in the moment. There were two other tents set up outside the shelter when we arrived so I set up my camp, silently, by the light of my otherwise useless iphone. I would’ve slept inside the shelter, even though the entrance was covered by a plastic tarp that read, “keep out” (because of COVID, maybe?), but my son told me there would be mice. Then, he did something with our food that involved some system of ropes and pulleys, but I didn’t care if I were eaten by a bear. At least then I wouldn’t have had to hike down. Or discover what a “compost toilet” is.

Nice view.

Pretty good campground overall

It's a pretty good campground overall, stayed there 2 or 3 times with my son's Cub Scout/Boy Scout pack. Generally it's a pretty quiet campground that doesn't see quite as much camping as you might expect from a state park. It's got a tiny gift store so it would be recommended that you either bring your own food and drinks or you can take a ride to either Williamsburg or LaFollette to stock up on items for your stay.