The best DRIVE IN camping near
Lewisburg , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Lewisburg Camping Reviews
Ok for an overnight

This park is very run down. If it weren't for how nice the lady was and the super sweet dogs, I'd give it two stars.

Pros: -Easy to get to if you come in/out from 99, and not terribly difficult if you come the other way (through the state park entrance) -Sites are big and even -Only a few minutes away from town where you can get groceries, find restaurants, and a couple big-rig friendly gas stations. -Full hookups -Not crowded, so it's very quiet. There's a train track nearby, but it didn't wake me at night -Free firewood! -Online reservation system works well -Had to adjust my reservation because of engine trouble, and was able to call and make the change with no difficulty

Cons: -Multiple RVs that look like they've been broke down there for years -Weird random toilet and a bunch of junk in the check-in station -No one AT the check-in station, and with no cell service I just had to sit there for 20 minutes for someone to come around, so I definitely don't suggest staying without a reservation (I had one) -No service for TMobile and almost none for Verizon (was told at&t works, but I can't verify)

Things that could've just been me: -Couldn't get the water to work (I've never used an underground water connection before) -Couldn't get my furnace to work (again, could have been me, but it worked at the site before and the one after 🤷‍♀️) so I had to use a space heater and pay an extra $2.5/day. It was still freezing at night

Things that might bother other people: -There's a few large dogs allowed to roam off leash. Didn't bother me in the slightest, I love dogs and they were so, so sweet and knew all the basic commands. Very well mannered and playful but they'll bark when you drive by. If you have dogs that aren't friendly to other dogs or if you're afraid of even friendly ones, this probably isn't the place for you. -No laundry, public showers, or restrooms. Not an issue for me as I have all that in my rig, but if you don't it could be a problem if you plan to stay long term.

All in all, I'd definitely stay there again. It's not the Ritz or anything but it's fine if you're just passing through for a night or two.

Great Camping for all types of campers

I’ve used my hammock in their “hammocks only” sites and I’ve done the hike-in backcountry sites and love this place. As a resident of the Franklin area, it’s super close to get away for the weekend.

Beautiful location

This park is located on a peninsula on a lake close to Nashville. Almost every site has a view of the water on flat concrete big pads. Some sites, on higher land, are mostly long term residents. Most sites are back in but there are a few pull through. Each site has all hook ups and are very well maintained. The sites are close together but not uncomfortable. There is a camp store at the main office. The pool is very nice and there are games, a playground and a pavilion. There was a band there during my stay. Activities planned throughout the month. It is more expensive than most but the quality of the site is worth it.

Very pretty park

Very pretty park for a weekend getaway. Good pads, but short, very few can accommodate 30’. Several good hiking trails.

The name says it all

What a great campground. Sitting in a lake, the campground is a peninsula surrounded by water. Great views, super clean and very nice amenities. Saturday night they had a band and a Halloween celebration. Very safe. Full hookups, decent WiFi. It is a bit expensive but well worth it for the proximity to Nashville and the beauty of the site. Maintenance and managers are top notch.

Wide Open Spaces

This park is a bit out of the way but a local favorite. We've enjoyed many picnics and birthday parties in the group pavilions, as well as enjoyed the campgrounds. The park is about 200 acres and the RV sites are located through gate one. There are three rows of sites and the best ones in my opinion are the ones located against the treeline/creek.  There are pull-through sites, but they were closer together and out in the open.

It's a great site to bring the kids. In the summer the pool is open which is great for the hot days. There's also a track, a baseball field, and soccer fields so I've seen many athletic events held there. When we go, our kids run free -- there are 200 acres of open space and a lake so they have a great time -- and there is a Pioneer Village they can explore and an open wedding pavilion for hours of pretending they are at a wedding. There's also a playground with different equipment for all ages.  Just a note, there is a gun range across the street and down the road. You can hear people practicing when it's open but it's in the distance.

I've taken a few pictures and videos so you can get a feel for the lay of the land. It really is wide open spaces.

Convenient and relaxing

This campsite offers beautiful sites with close by eatery’s with good food and entertainment. The 4th of July offers a really great firework display that is free to attend.

Not a bad place to spend time near Nashville

Spent about a month there in a large class A at 2 locations, 1st was a pull through easy to get in and out obviously but way to open only shade a dead hickory tree that still had some nuts that kept dropping on my roof the second was a shady spot along the back fence between 2 permanent campers. Very nice people I was saddened to hear the owners were trying to force out these people who have nowhere else to go. Maintenance man holds a bible study in the rec room from time to time and the office staff was pleasant. Bathrooms and showers were kept clean. Pool was closed during the time I was there.

Great Park and Campground!

We visited this park in late June. The campground and park was immaculate! Sites were level and easy to back in. Bathrooms and showers were wonderful.  The staff was super friendly, and the area was wonderful! Make sure to go visit the Amish. We had a great outdoor class to learn about snakes, hiked the trails, and enjoyed the falls. We look forward to going back to this gem again!

An Owl, a hawk and beautiful trees!

Quiet stop only one night. Everything worked and no drama! Beautiful trees! 🍁Live owl named “Cotton” and hawk named “Buddy” on exhibit there. Cute little store on grounds.