Lazy Acres , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Lazy Acres Camping Reviews
Wonderful park, great campground, can’t say enough good things ...

Well maintained, large campground. Plenty of bathroom/shower facilities located around the campground; clean and functional. Lots of good hiking nearby, as well as other outdoor activities (that I didn’t do). Informative visitor’s center with helpful rangers onsite (even on weekends). Great history lessons about the Big South Fork area, interpretive hikes (which I did do) and fair warning about the ticks.

Hope you like walking uphill

BEAUTIFUL hike. It's all uphill till you get there, but totally worth it.

Deiving tour and hike

Unreal and must visit Smoky Mountain destination. Awesome automobile loop scenic drive and several other hiking paths we took. All sort of wildlife and abandon cabins and farm houses.

Stepping back in time

Walked, hiked and toured the Elkmont area and campground in the Smoky Mountains. Campground not yet open but have spots picked out next to heavy flowing streams. Great history as old time cabins have been preserved. Read about the history of this little now abandon town. Some stuff it’s haunted. Awesome day here.

Beautiful spot

While this campground is beautiful, the gate is still closed for the season. Website says it will open mid-April, so should be available soon!

Beautiful Campground

Great trails, walkways, and a lot of activities available (tennis courts, basketball, frisbee, etc.). The restrooms/showers were clean and well stocked. The only drawback was the slow, and sometimes non-existent, wi-fi service.

Awesome stay and great hospitality at Freedom Hills

Had such a good time here. Chad, the owner, was incredibly nice and a great host, helping us with whatever we needed. He runs Freedom Hills as a non-profit with a vision to bring climbers and the community together as well as helping those in need. His passion to benefit the community has certainly convinced me this will be my regular campground for the Obed.

This made me sad.

I live not far from here and we camped at site #3 we picked up so much trash in and around our site that it was sad.

Very clean RV park nested in 3 creeks

Triple Creek Campground lives up to it’s name being surrounded by 3 Creeks. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend in 2020 and although it was completely full, it didn’t feel crowded.

There was a big field where kids could play, with a play set and many other things to keep them busy. There was also a stage that wasn’t used because of Covid but I’m guessing is usually used throughout the summer. Kids are welcome get wet and stroll down one of the creeks in tubes and there’s plenty of shade.

This Campground has more of an RV parking lot feel than others, but there’s plenty to do at the campground to keep you preoccupied. The staff was always present and even brought rocks to paint with all of the supplies right to the campsite!

We used this campground as a base camp to access the national park, Gatlinburg and other beautiful close by destinations. If you’re looking for a place to park your camper right on a creek, it’s a really nice place to stay. If you’re looking for a secluded campsite, you probably should keep looking.

Remote camp

This is a large campground with excellent facilities.   Big South Fork is located in a very remote area of TN and KY.  Miles of Great hiking, biking, horse and motorized trails.  There is plenty to see and all of it is beautiful.   One of my favorite sites is the Twin Arches, worth the hike.