Camping in Fairview

334 Reviews of 33 Fairview, Tennessee Campgrounds

Michelle B.
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Great for an Overnight

I only stayed here for a night while I was driving through. I arrived at the campground after the office closed, but they called ahead of time to let me know all the information I needed to find my site and I was able to find it with ease. The bathrooms were well maintained and it was a nice,…

e
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Relaxing 😊

when we arrived my fiancé & I didn’t realize the time change. So unfortunately we woke them up. But thank goodness they they didn’t hold it against us. Lol! On our first day we left somethings out & Pete was so nice to put them in our tent for us, because we didn’t realize it was going to…

SiteDeep Valley Campground
Jim H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Awesome State Park with everything you need

Last minute find after check in had closed. Ranger Chadwell helped us find a spot for the night and gave us info about the park.

Bathrooms were clean, showers with hot water sites overlooking the lake were great and it was very quiet at night.

G
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Nice, quiet, spacious

Well kept campground. Lots of space between sites and very hilly- all sites are like a deck. If able get sites lower toward the water. Does have primitive sites

The Grass F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Perfect Tent Camp Experience

The tent camp sites on the island were aptly distanced from one another. The other campers seemed to have an unspoken sense of support. Multiple people offered ice, and even campground host offered to air up air mattresses.

There was plenty of driftwood on site to burn, but if you're going to…

Matthew The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Like No Other

Camping on raised wooden platforms was like no other campground I’ve ever seen. The park ranger claimed it is the only campground in the world like this. Tons to do in the park as well. We went to the visitor center, nature center, storybook hike, and walked around the lake.

Hope G.

Terrible

We got there late for a primitive site and all the sudden the mgr and police show up mind u the mgr passed us 3 times instead of stopping as a professional mgr should he calls police and tells me the website does not state primitive lol. It was cluttered loud and tacky.

Siteprimitive tent
Carolyn K.The Dyrt PRO User

Peaceful

Despite Hurricane Ida I'm the midst of my stay, camp hosts very nice. Clean and very well maintained grounds

EThe Dyrt PRO User

Best for Mammoth Cave

The campground is cute and less than 15 mins to the Mammoth Cave National Park visitor Center. Nothing fancy, older bathhouse, small pond and large field for kids to explore. Some spots are snug. Owner is great and very helpful!

Douglas K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Heed the warnings about the southern entrance

We didn't and ended up driving an extra hour to get to the campground.

Our only complaint is the site was not level. When we were able to get the camper level the tongue was 40" high. We had to borrow 6 8X8 blocks from the Rangers in order to stabilize the front

Other than that, we enjoyed the…

SiteRV back-in site
Month of VisitNovember
Courtney K.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Clean

Bathrooms were clean and convenient. Sites were a bit dirty from previous campers, and there wasn’t much room to park a car- the host told us to just park in another camp site because you could t park at your site without blocking the road.

Evan G.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Needs some love

The camp ground itself isn't bad. I don't think it's quite up to the usual KOA standards. Bathrooms were centrally located which was fine unless you're tent camping on the outer edge. The shower curtains were moldy and the bathrooms seemed a little run down, but everything functioned well.

Some…

Annette A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Great place to camp, go swimming and kayaking.

This is a great campground. We love it here. We’ve been here three times now and will keep coming back. The staff is friendly and engaging.

SiteSite number 5
Marly U.
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Love this place

We loving camping at Barren River! Plenty of playgrounds and trails for our kid. Clean bathhouses if you need them. It can get pretty crowded in the summer months so book early and try to get a spot near the boat ramp if you plan to bring your boat. Beautiful lake and great bluegill and cat…

G
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Singing Hills RV Park - Nice setting

Arrived June 7, 2021, stayed 3 nights. Basic, clean, peaceful setting.. stayed at site 31, and good space on one side between other campers. Nice tree lined areas. Very convenient for Mammoth Cave. Did not use the facilities on this trip. Would come again.