Atglen, PENNSYLVANIA
Most Recent Atglen Camping Reviews
Everything

From the moment I pulled in and observed how large the sites were, I was hooked. Bike trails, Going Ape, kayaking and peaceful. Planing my next trip

Relaxing getaway

Our family enjoys the secluded sites and peaceful atmosphere. Access to many hiking locations.

Breathtaking

Rv sites are huge and private, not on top of one another. Beach, boat ramp, hike to the lighthouse with incredible views of the 2 rivers and bay. If you boat and camp, it's perfect. Nature center, great store, clean, well maintained and staffed for a state park. Nice beach. So much to do. They do have a no alcohol policy unless you are inside a cabin or RV, but unless you get stupid, no one bothers you. Can't wait to go back.

Rated at one of top trails of 2018!

Awesome trails near Philadelphia. Great way to get out of the city. Love it here!

Pretty

Pretty campground with cute pool. But they put us right next to the dumpsters and they stunk. We couldn’t find another 50amp and they were closed. Pricy too $70. For the night.

Quiet with activities

We stayed at Appalachian to visit a friend who has a seasonal site. Our site was full hook up. It was a nice size and was in a good location - near the ponds, pool, office, and bathhouse - but was still quiet! There were scheduled activities for kids and adults. The majority of seasonal sites we're clean and we'll maintained. Campers were friendly. A plus is that this campground is super easy to access from a major highway and once inside you forget about that.

Family camping close to Dutch Wonderland

Family cabins available, tent sites are small. Clean parks with a small stream. Next to Dutch Wonderland, showers are nice, laundry facilities available. Enjoyed our time but only because we were going to the park, not a campground to visit if your looking for quiet and isolation.

Small but quaint

Small campground with tent sites that are close together. Cleanly run close to Lancaster shopping and Amish country

Favorite local spot for tent camping

We have camped here with our two boys, 20 & 17 for the past 7 years. It is a favorite for all of us. Cleanest bathrooms, friendly staff and lots of privacy between sites. We found the perfect tent site 397A. Completely secluded and right on a running stream. Bit of a hike from the bathrooms but worth it.

Nice private park

Clean bathrooms. Friendly park with events and trails and Great Lake to boat.

Odd

Odd place for a campground

Nice place

Nice place, a bit to close to the highways

Fine place

No complaints

Beautiful scenery

I love this place! Large sites, clean bathrooms, lots of hiking trails

Nice!

Nice place, not a campground

AVOID

What a DUMP! Pay showers, strong odor from septic, I would recommend Pinchot Park, across the road. State owned and has the lake for swimming and fishing and hiking!

A little crowded

Good campground, has a couple residents that keep watch. Can get a little crowded on weekends. Each has a fire pit, and there is a store on site that sells general campground supplies (fire starter, hot dogs, band aids). Has a great walking trail to an awesome lighthouse that overlooks the Chesapeake Bay.

Fun, laid back, great summer spot!

Pool and facilities are top notch. Perfect access to the AT with support. Boulder field for exploration. Also great place to stay for hiking the Pinnacle at sunrise.

Sometimes corporate is good

We loved it here. Clean, well managed, lots of great amenities, tons to do. This place is run by a publicly traded company that seems to have their systems in place to make things work. We had a great time.

Not a bad place

It was our first trip of the year last week of April

Nice Campground!

Weekend stay here and instead of leaving on Sunday, we booked another day. Great swimming pool, immaculately clean bathrooms and showers. Well wooded campground with friendly staff and guests. The only minor complaint is that the camp store was sparsely supplied. B+ little gem of a campground.

Love it!

Wow! Truly nice Hugh quiet sites. Lots of shade, animal friendly, big pond, excellent zip line fun for beginners and experienced. I’m spoiled after this weekend

Beautiful place, awesome people

I loved this campground! I'm not a huge fan of the "go find a site" policy they have, but it worked out fine. I got an amazingly large site with a nice fire pit and picnic table. The site was very level so that was great! Nice indoor and outdoor pools! Cable TV isn't free, but I never use it anyway. Wifi too isn't free and only available is certain areas. Verizon cell service is weak but useable. I'll definitely be back!

Great park ; quiet

Really enjoyed this campground. Quiet; campsites weren’t on top of each other; had your own space. Hot water was out while we were there so showers were a bit cold but it’s summer/hot so it wasn’t really a problem. Lots of things to do near by and so close to the water.

Quiet campground

It is a small quiet campground. If you are looking to relax this would be the place to go. They have activities throughout the weekend and a pool to cool off in.

We love this place

Great place for the family. The splash park is a lot of fun for both the kids and adults. The RV sites are spacious. Only downfall is the big hill to go back and forth to the activities, you end up spending more money just to rent a gold cart

Awesome place for kids

We just got back from this campground after spending 5 nights there. The water park is super fun for adults and kids. The entire campground is clean and very well maintained.

Family trip with 2 young children

Great spot for family camping. My wife and I took our 4 year old son and 6 year old daughter to Muddy Run in late May. Perfect for a 1-2 day trip where you do not feel like leaving the campground. We found that there is plenty to do on the grounds for everyone. Cheap boat rentals, disc golf and soccer golf courses, snack bar with ice cream and to top off the whole thing they even have a observatory on site where you can star gaze. The observatory is open to public once a month, we recommend you plan your trip around this. We watched a movie indoors and then went outside for a family friendly lecture/learning session where we were able to look through the giant telescope. The bathrooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and laid back. Campsites are close together which we did not mind because we were gone most of the day. We will certainly be back. Bonus- check out Pinnacle Overlook if you are close to this area!!

Very nice quaint campground

This place has a nice home away from home feel. Friendly people throughout. Small but very clean and quality amenities. Will for sure come back.

Absolutely Beautiful

This campground is amazing. I brought my family (4 children - 8 yrs, 6 yrs, 2 yrs, 3 months) and we had a great week. The pool is new and has a sloped entrance so my two year old could play by himself and loved it. The new bathhouse has better restrooms than my own home! Everything is clean and well managed. Our tent site was shady and spacious and the landscape made the campground an even better experience. They did such a great job… gorgeous flowers! Playground was close and the store was even open until 9:00. Workers were friendly and very helpful.