Beaverton, OREGON

Most Recent Beaverton Camping Reviews
Great hidden gem

Nice spots close to small river and off the road just enough. Awesome spot!

Nice and Easy

This is  simple, primitive campground mostly centered around a small picturesque lake.

There are a few other sites dispersed in the area. One of the best ones is just around the bend from the lake sites and its of the road and gets more sun, if thats your thing.

When i visited mid week in July it was empty.

Its quite a distance on sometimes very rough gravel roads, with no tirn outs and sometimes large drops on one side, so be very careful with log trucks .

But i made it OK with my beat up old Grand Caravan.

Enjoyed

Pretty Good close in campground

It's not bad at all, just right off of the highway.

Beautiful Campground with Huge Trees and Lots of Waterfalls

Since we had a wedding to attend in Oregon, it gave me a chance to visit Silver Falls State Park. My first impression was how crowded the campground was during the middle of the week. The bath house was more than I expected, especially for a state park. I don’t know whether or not the other Oregon State Parks have modern bath house facilities like this one, but I was impressed. The campsite that I chose was flat and had plenty of shade, and the trees were huge. As a lover of all things natural, especially trees, this was great. It hadn’t rained in a while, so I couldn’t judge how well the site would drain, especially since there were no raised tent pads. The main attraction for this large state park is obviously centered on waterfalls and trails. I didn’t get a chance to explore all of them, but the ones I did get to see were impressive. South Falls is a short hike, and you can walk behind it. From the bridge facing the waterfall, it looks like the Garden of Eden. You can also walk to the top of the waterfall. North Falls also is a short hike. Although it is not as high as South Falls, it is one that is worth the hike. The main campground areas were booked, but the group camping area had quite a few sites available the first day we were there. However, the next day, the group camping area was also filling up since it was getting closer to the weekend. Overall, I was impressed with this campground. Unfortunately, I probably will not get to visit it again for quite a while since I live 2,500 miles away. With that said, I do highly recommend this state park and campground.

Tricky to find, but one of the most magical camping locations

We arrived really late and it was really tricky for us to find the place as it's not really a campsite but more like awesome spots by the river without any signs. We recommend you arriving during the day as it was just pure luck, we picked probably the most amazing spot here. We found it somewhere in between the 11th and 12th mileposts. There is a narrow path towards the river, first we thought we might gonna get stuck, but it immediately opened up to a spacious big area where 2-3 cars/RVs could easily fit.

It's a dispersed camp so there is no infrastructure around it, but there was a built fireplace there.

Probably the most amazing part of it was when in the morning we found an other really narrow path towards the river which again opened up and we walked to the beautiful shore of the river, where we had the chance to dip in the river.

All in all we were super surprised and happy that we spend a night here.

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state park's camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

The best part about the campsite is that it's located in the middle of the statepark, there are plenty of trailheads around. We did the whole trail of ten falls - about 10 miles, and we definitely recommend it. The day-use area is also recommended. As it was raining the whole day, we really appreciated, that it was one of the rare places where we found covered grill area so we could prepare lunch here without getting wet.

All in all an A+++ location

Amazing campsite close to even more amazing trailheads

We stayed at a rainy day at this state parks camp, it was a good choice though. The campsites are really well maintained, it has clean bathrooms with showers (!) You can get firewood there and sites are not to dense so you get some privacy.

All in all an A+++ location

Suprised

When we pulled in with our 40' Coach I thought oboy I blew it. Getting into our site was a little tight but doable. We were in a pull through tucked in the forest with full hookups. A fire pit and picnic table too! If you go camping to stay inside our Verizon phones, Sprint hot spot and over the air TV all worked. You can hear the train in a distance and a little traffic. It is a great spot and we will come here again.

Pretty and Close, but a Little Noisy

We took off from Portland around 4pm on a Friday and got to the campground around 6. Be careful with Apple Maps, I think they routed us to the historical campground and had us going about 10 miles past the site.

This was our first time camping in the Tillamook; and was cool to see the differences between it and Mt Hood. There were tons of birds, rabbits, and chipmunks at the site.

The river was super clear, with a rocky beach and some beautiful formations a bit to the west.

We were there the first weekend in September and it was remarkably empty. I think two of the sites in the K loop were occupied.

We opted for K4 which was farther from the parking lot, and closer to the river. Unfortunately, closer to the river meant closer to the highway, too. So we never really got the serenity of a site further off the path. Not a big deal, but since I live near a highway, I welcome the break when I can get it.

The other problem with K4 was that you had trails on either side of the site, so it wasn’t the most private. I think K6 might be the best spot in the loop, but you may get additional noise from the parking lot and squeaky water pump.

awesome location, super basic though

On the way to Kiwanis Camp by the road there are spots and as far as we understood, those are for camping, though there was no sign for them. It's at a really great location as it's 3 minutes to Little Zig Zag Falls path also fairly close to Government Camp

Okay, Not Great

So much potential being right on the Willamette River, but unfortunately there is basically no view of the water. We had a rough visit that I’m sure was an anomaly. We had a change of itinerary that brought us to Woodburn and had to arrive with no reservations. There were sites available (after Labor Day) so no problem. Were were told to “pick any unreserved site” so we did so. Got unhooked, leveled, and fully set up, then went to register for the night when the ranger told me that the site was reserved. IT WAS NOT TAGGED. So, we had to pack up and move. Total bummer. Beside that, the park is unwatered and was just dry and unattractive. Upside was spacious sites in B loop, but we just had the view of a dried out field. Paved sites, level, with plenty of electric/water sites. I wouldn’t stay here again unless it was in the spring.

Not Camping, Nice Park

Okay, this isn’t really camping, it’s more like parking in a parking lot so don’t have an expectation that it’s a camping atmosphere. That being said, this is a very nice place to get off I-5 and park an RV with all the amenities. You can walk to several restaurants and the outlet mall. There is a great laundry room, clean bathrooms and showers, pool, pet areas, and nicely paved, level, but crowded sites.

One down side

Campgrounds: Some were very apparent that it was smaller than other sites, but I loved that each site came with picnic table. Also some camp sites did not accommodate for multiple tents because uneven grounds and tree stumps, so bringing a air mattress or a mat would be helpful.

Amenities: Bathrooms are actually flushing water visible ones. Showers are available at a cost. It’s not bad at all, easy to use. Well maintained.

Park: Even though it’s a short distance - Drive there, as long as you have camp site parking pass, you should be fine. The river was shallow and dropped to the deep end. It was ideal for children becaus the shallow end stretched a bit and the deeper end was the other side .

One down side to the whole experience: Freeway is really really close to the whole camp site. You can hear vehicles at night. If you’re a light sleeper or need nature noises when camping - this is not the site for you. Other than that , i had a good time and felt a lot of what the camp site had to offer was great!

On the flip side, If you messed up and forgot something, wal mart or convenient store was nearby.

Hidden gem

Beautiful wooded site with good basic amenities (showers and large clean toilets) –  perfect for a self-contained campervan. The sites were large – two cars and three tents – and reasonably priced, and being in among the trees our site felt more private than a standard RV park. We had our own picnic table and a firepit with built in grill, and logs were available to buy onsite. Very peaceful at night, and amazing view of the stars. Would definitely stay here again.

We managed to book a place here at short notice for a busy weekend in August, when all the State campsites were completely booked up. You can book online via the Tillamook County Parks Department site (the booking page was a little glitchy and the box to enter your booking dates occasionally disappeared, but switching between the 'Camping/RV' and 'Day Use/Picnic' tabs brought it back up!) We were glad to get any booking at all, and this was a really pleasant surprise.

Equestrian Trails!

Great trails that have a little bit of everything. Some of the hills are long and great for but muscles 😂♥️ There were a few issues with bees, or some kind of but that bites, the last time I went (late August) so maybe bring extra fly spray and/or bug replant.

Large and busy but clean.

Nice, clean park. Very large and busy but has nice ameneties.

An Oregon MUST VISIT!

No matter the time of year, Silver Falls State Park is an Oregon must visit!

Top reasons I love this campground:

• SOOOO much to see and do!
  • Amazing waterfalls (keep in mind they won't be rushing in the heat of the summer).
  • Great programming
  • Beautiful lodge
  • Vast parks and play areas
  • Swimming
Ranger Review: Liquid I.V. at L.L. “Stubb” Stewart

Campground Review: Something for everyone!

Top reasons I love this campground:

• So easy to get to from anywhere in northwestern Oregon; especially the Portland area
  • Open year-round
  • 18-hole disc golf course
  • Great hiking and biking trails
  • Full hook-ups, cabins, equestrian sites, and walk-in tent sites

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, occasionally I get to test products. At this campground, I tested Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier and the Liquid I.V. Sleep night time drink mix. I really liked both products. They are portable, have natural ingredients, taste good and I found them to be effective! Additionally, Liquid I.V. has an incredible social justice cause donating millions of their products to people around the world who are in need of proper hydration. I love that this is a company AND products I feel good about!

Pros:

• Portable
  • Natural ingredients (vitamins, electrolytes, potassium, sodium, glucose)
  • Rapid absorption
  • IT WORKS!!
  • Amazing cause

Cons:

• It’s pricey
  • I wish the Sleep night time drink mix came in another flavor without lavender
  • Contains more sugar than I would like

Overall, I give the product 4.5 stars

Small quiet campground that's first-come, first-served

I showed up around 3pm on a Friday and was barely able to find a walk-in tent site. All the car-accessible sites were taken and the only reservable site is the group spot. Nice and quiet camping, no noisy neighbors. I loved it here for a getaway but it was a smidge boring. The creek isn't that deep so it was family-friendly.

Beautiful campground and area

I really loved this campground! The Columbia River Gorge is a crazy awesome area with a ton to do. The campground had plenty of amenities like showers, hiking trails, a playground, and clean bathrooms. There was also firewood for sale and hook ups for RVs. The sites were all pretty nice, flat, and it wasn't overly crowded. We did go kind of early in the summer, so this might be why there wasn't as many people.

The best part of this trip was that there's a whole bunch of stuff to do in the area. The gorge has wind surfing, kite boarding, white water rafting. The town itself had some pretty cute shopping areas. If you want some scenery that's super easy to get to, check out Multnomah Falls.  By far the best part of this stop was when we went white water rafting. I would definitely recommend checking out the Wet Planet rafting company on the white salmon river. You have to cross back into Washington to get to it, but it was well worth it. Amazing experience!

Awesome area

My family and I stayed here when we were visiting the mount Hood area. This was a great little campground with lots of trees and not too many people. There were a ton of amenities at this campground, like wifi, bike rentals, a play ground for the kids. We didn't spend a ton of time here, because we were always out hiking and exploring, but the time we spent was super nice and relaxing. There was a pool and lots of activities set up by the camp.

So many great hikes in the area too. Definitely check out Tom, Dick, and Harry Trail. It had great views of the mountain. There's also a ton of great waterfall hikes in the area, like Ramona falls and Tamanawas Falls.

We had a great time at the campground and in the area in general. Hood mountain was a beautiful place!

Lovely spot for tent camping

My husband and I took our first camping trip together here this summer. We had a great time. We brought our labrador with us and she enjoyed it as well. It was very quiet and a lovely setting. The camp host has firewood available for purchase as well. The hike to the falls was very short, on a well kept paved path. We will definitely be back.

Pretty spots, helpful rangers

Love to stay here when all the other campgrounds close. Nice hiking trails. The rangers are very nice. Beautiful scenery. Only downside is some of the people who stay here make it uncomfortable for others and destroy the bathrooms. But other than that I'd stay again.

A good base for doing a float

We like to come here each year to camp and do a float down the Clackamas river. The campsites are nice, although it feels a bit more like camping in a park rather than in the woods - we've often had to deal with loud families or rowdy groups nearby.

Excellent time and location.

This place is friendly and in a great location. There are some cabins available and family activities.

Rustic feel

It’s a nice getaway with a decent rustic feel to the campground. Vault toilets, if needed.

Quiet

Nice walk in spots. Quiet. Well-Maintained.
Great jump off to area trails.

Beautiful wedding site

There are 3 gorgeous wedding sites here that are extremely reasonable and the staff was incredibly flexible and helpful!

Amazing park

Absolutely love the cabins at this place! We live 30 minutes away so it’s the perfect quick get away. Our dog LOVES the dog park too. Amazing views

Hard to find but nice and secluded

Huge areas of vacant sites. Just gotta look for little turn outs on the side of the road