Welling , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Welling Camping Reviews
Lovely place to visit

We spent the day visiting this pretty park and hiking down to the falls.  Nice reprieve from a hot day!  The park host was very pleasant and professional and informative, and the office was clean and organized.  Will make time to go back in the future!

One night stay

We stayed here for just one night in Shady Grove area on the top of the hill. Sites were tight and we were clearly placed in a bigger pull through site that was split in two sites. We arrived later in the evening and people in other half of site had already taken over forcing us the back into site pad up a steep incline in the dark under a tree. We made it, but not easy. For distanced dispersed camping, look elsewhere.

Clean and deserted in winter

I arrived after dark on December 27th. I had made a reservation (and paid the $15) through their website. When I got to the park, I followed signs for Paradise Cove and reached the camping area. I never found my exact campsite (#27) but it was completely empty so I took a different one and left a note in my windshield. The phone number on the confirm email forwards after hours to the lodge, and the person was very nice when I called but couldn’t help me.

It was a bit confusing once I got there and was trying to find my site, I went online again and found another website that said paradise cove camping was closed, but the guy on the phone said the online reservations are kept up to date.

Paradise cove is right by the bridge over the lake and I could hear and see traffic. Each site is numbered on the picnic table (hard to see, especially in the dark) and the bathrooms were closed. I never found the water taps.

In the morning, I was right on the lake, with lots of birds! It was beautiful despite the traffic. I would stay again but pick a different campground in the park.

Not accessible

There is one road in to this camping area. It’s blocked off by cement barricades so you can’t access it. Should have turned around when I heard the banjos. 0 stars.

Great Public Campground

Beautiful park- right on the river.  Wooded lots in most cases, large lots with great space between sites.   Drop Kayak, SUP right off the back of your site.

Some sites are a little uneven.   And some sites are tough to get a 41ft 5th wheel into.

Stayed only one night but would look be nice to stay here much longer.  Quiet, water views n most cases.

Nice seasonal site

River front facility with plenty of water fun. Can be crowded during the summer months. Plan accordingly.

This is a permanent resident park

Not a destination site .. very open no cover .. right on a main highway. Close to Siloam Springs and Gentry. Fair size sites some transient sites if available.

Great Location

The park is set up in several sections. There is the family campground which we were in, and the late night campground, which is intended for late night drinking and music. the areas are separated by about a quarter mile, but you could definitely hear all the goings on at the late night side, and the police, ambulance then coroner that showed up the next morning was not good. Seems someone passed at the late night. Park overall was kind of run down, sites kind of tight, no animal control as dogs roaming the park doing their business. Then there is the river, which is why you come to the park. Had a great time floating the river.

Quaint little park

We stayed the week before the park officially opened, and found it to be a great little COE park. Right on the water.

Seminole park Top Notch.

Seminole campground is the best in Sequoyah State Park. The Camp Host is great and the Sunsets are beautiful.